PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great job on FA day three! Pleased with the front office?

Nobody's excited about Leverett, Watts, or Okorafor. But if you can't sign top-tier guys, you have to at least continue adding mid-tier guys and throw bodies at positions of need while you try and explore other options. Sort of is what it is...?
Mid tier? Is that what these 3 are?

serenity GIF

At this point, I'd settle for one plug 'n play starter.

There has to be one legit NFL starter who has a fetish for concrete inland lighthouses

Mid tier? Is that what these 3 are?
Yes. You're going from D to C+ level players until you can draft B or A level players. Or are just content with average play at whatever position you're talking about. The Pats have next to no talent on offense (Henry and Rham might be exceptions). They have to start somewhere. Just getting a higher baseline of talent is the goal.

It sucks that they're in this position but that's where they are after missing badly in the draft or just ignoring it completely.

I do not intend to be mean. But you are kind of upset they could not bring in Rankins? Did it occur to you that they did not bring in anyone? Basically the Pats signed their own FAs, the BB guys, and no one else of significance. But you are upset about Rankins? And not upset about everyone else they skimped on?
432218697_10228403598468751_5283572074432469265_n.jpg

Here is the reaction posted after I disagreed with you, almost 100% opposed. There is no way you can say that you have not sanitized the board. I am not saying that sanitizing the board is right or wrong. God forbid you accuse me of having an "ax to grind" or "being angry" - I am sure you do not say that to influence any of the other posters ;) . Too funny.

View attachment 57049
Maybe those reactions are there because you’re being a douchebag?

I generally really like you and your posts but this thread reads like someone who’s had about 5 too many and thinks they’ve stumbled upon a great conspiracy at their local Patriots message board.

I'm here for the comments.

I do agree with you though. My observation of the board lately does seem like trolling by some posters that hated Bill whatever he did (or didn't do), but now have been the biggest Pats fans since Mayo was hired and every move he's made. In fact, the temperature regarding Mayo during the season was pretty cold, then flipped a 180 after he was hired out of nowhere.
I have read that 1 team offered Mayo an 2023 interview and Mayo declined because it was Carolina.

Supposedly, as the tale goes, several 2024 teams were ready to bring Mayo in for a look see, but Bob Kraft beat them all to the punch.
The team is still baseline right now - just like 2023 offseason where they didn't do jack ****. It's Deja Vu with posters saying they've "improved" again when they haven't. As much as I'd like for them to "burn some cash", nobody really moves the needle for me right now. And the signings that weren't they own players, I don't like. I'd rather build through the draft and then back the brink truck up for a guy that can put you over the top.
This 2024 FA class sucks. Especially at WR which is a Pats top need.

I fear that Bob Kraft and Company will take a QB @ # 3 and that he will be another guy who takes 3 seasons to cut. Just like Corky Mac. Just like the Jets and Browns have done for decades.

Maybe those reactions are there because you’re being a douchebag?

I generally really like you and your posts but this thread reads like someone who’s had about 5 too many and thinks they’ve stumbled upon a great conspiracy at their local Patriots message board.
Always get the big butt before they break up with you.

Someone is having their Tully time a bit early.

I have read that 1 team offered Mayo an 2023 interview and Mayo declined because it was Carolina.

Supposedly, as the tale goes, several 2024 teams were ready to bring Mayo in for a look see, but Bob Kraft beat them all to the punch.

This 2024 FA class sucks. Especially at WR which is a Pats top need.

I fear that Bob Kraft and Company will take a QB @ # 3 and that he will be another guy who takes 3 seasons to cut. Just like Corky Mac. Just like the Jets and Browns have done for decades.
Got a feeling every years FA WR class is gonna suck the way teams
Are holding onto them with the franchise tag got whipped around. Unless they are gonna shell out top dollar, they better draft a good one.

This free agent class pretty much sucked and most of the good guys were way overpaid. I'm still hopeful we can get another OT, though this patchwork of old and spare tackles is reminding me a lot of the attempted solution last year.

I'm glad we brought back some of the better pieces from last year, but treading water will still leave us with a crappy team.

That said, there were good pieces on defense that could have been had and the Pats chose not to go after them this FA. That's certainly worth questioning.

You are so confused. When @thecore762 posted his thread "Great job on FA day one! Pleased with the front office" and everyone fell in line and proclaimed how amazing Day One was to resign all the former BB guys on "great value contracts". This has become the Orchids of Asia board and if you think the Patriots should spend money on FA contracts, since they have the most cap space in the NFL over the next two years, the you are an idiot.

Maybe the Pats think they are a couple of years away and so want to save some of the cap? You can not be sreious. Before it was because BB was so cheap. Now it is because they want to save some cap. My God, are you hammered? The Pats have the most cap space out of 32 teams over the next 2 years, and they sign Nick Leverett and Armon Watts. Are you drunk??????
Youse guys are not excited about having the most cap space in the NFL over the next two years and signing Nick Leverett and Armon Watts? What the f@ck is wrong with you? @thecore762 and @203Pat are still telling us how amazing this FA is and they can not wait until the draft starts. BB is fired and we are still being outbid on WRs by teams that have no cap space. Amazing that Kontra and Dingelberry are banned and this has become the Orchids of Asia message board.
Of course you do not like this thread. You post more dislikes than everyone else on this whole board combined. If you could monitor and control this board you would. Must be tough to be you.
You post more dislikes than the whole PatsFans combined. It has been noted repeatedly. You are the dislike King. Amazing you do not admit it.
Lol sounds like someone was having a rough time last night. Maybe you take this board a little too seriously. Maybe you need to take a little break to collect yourself. It's okay we will all be here for you when you come back.

Seeing this idea floated that we're running it back. Would be interested to know which players in particular some posters feel should have been cut free.

Im okay with it still. We kept our key pieces without overpaying for anyone and have plenty space for when something great is available.

Where we are now is still better than overpaying for the likes of Calvin ridley and other second rate talent that wont move the needle. In fact the only thing that really concerns me is that we DID offer him 22m.

Still have the draft to improve, thats where we need to turn things around is hitting on 3 or 4 picks each of the next few drafts.

This free agent class pretty much sucked and most of the good guys were way overpaid. I'm still hopeful we can get another OT, though this patchwork of old and spare tackles is reminding me a lot of the attempted solution last year.

I'm glad we brought back some of the better pieces from last year, but treading water will still leave us with a crappy team.

That said, there were good pieces on defense that could have been had and the Pats chose not to go after them this FA. That's certainly worth questioning.
I don't know about a crappy team but definitely an average team which is no one's goal.

It does but there are still a couple of vet tackle options that are decent that you can add to the mix to get you through this year and next. What do they need $-wise for the draft and the in-season moves? $15-17M? Give or take.

You would hope they would find a couple of more good players with the money left that will be here the next 2-4 years.

Seeing this idea floated that we're running it back. Would be interested to know which players in particular some posters feel should have been cut free.
My guess is if the Pats get a QB who can throw on time with anticipation one will be amazed as to how much more separation the current batch of receivers will have. Maybe Brissett can be that guy.

My guess is if the Pats get a QB who can throw on time with anticipation one will be amazed as to how much more separation the current batch of receivers will have. Maybe Brissett can be that guy.
With Parker gone, the Pats' separation stat is going to go through the roof!

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back