PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great job on FA day three! Pleased with the front office?

I sort of saw this coming. I knew they were bad, but I wasn't sure what the perception was outside of this market.

We're obviously finding out- it's not good.
Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF
I still felt, being an NFL organization, the money always talks.

Turns out, players are finding every reason not to come here.

You have created a message board where everyone agrees with the Pats' management, and if they do not agree, you block them.
Stop being a frigging clown with that BS.

In regard to the off-season, its early. I'm underwhelmed but not going to freakout until I see who we draft this year and how they perform. We are far from contention although I'm confused if we are going for the slow rebuild through the draft why we were willing to shell out so much money for a 30 y/o low-tier #1 receiver.

Because they can't get anyone to come here...?
So many excuses to be the Orchids of Asia message board. Mayo said we were going to burn cash, and then he retracted his comment. Previously we blamed BB for being cheap. Now we are proud of offereing "value" contracts as the top FAs sign elsewhere.
They've added 7 players so far, four of which will likely have an impact (Brissett, Gibson, Takitaki, and Hooper), followed by three maybes (Okorafor, Watts, Leverett). None of those names are ideal, but again, this is going to be a tough road.
Those guys are all JAGs. Embarrashing that you wrote that. Really embarrashing. So embarrashing I am not sure how to respond. If you did not own the PatsFans board, you would get pummeled with dislikes, but becaue you own the PatsFans board, everyone is silent.
Although, you're right, if Bill was here and people were spurning them, I'm sure the perception would probably be different among some people.

Did you message Dingleberry and ask him to come back to PatsFans?

You have created a message board where everyone agrees with the Pats' management, and if they do not agree, you block them. Good for you.
Yeah, that's not the case at all. And I'd respond to the rest but I'm realizing that's not what we're doing right now.
How about something simple like you apologize to Dingleberry and ask him to come back to PatsFans?
Obviously, I see what this is all about. Dingleberry got upset and started posting politics all over the main forum, and I asked him repeatedly via PM to stop. He didn't, and that's why he's not here. I didn't get bored one night and decide to pick a fight, nor did I ever want to remove him -or anybody - for that matter. However, I'm absolutely not going to apologize for something that isn't my fault - nor will I ever. Especially, given the lengths I go through with everybody on here to avoid that situation.

He knew what he was doing, and it's frustrating it went the way it did. But you can't repeatedly say F-you to me by saying you're going to knock it off while coming up with new creative ways to do exactly what I'm asking you not to. And that's what he did (the Patriots "abortion" thread as one of several examples), so it's why he's not here anymore.

All I want to do is log on here when I get home from work and talk football - not chase people around or deal with nonsense. All I ever ask of people on here is to not be a jerk and if I ask you to help me out, help me out. The rules on here are pretty simple and I'll bend over backwards for everybody on here. But if you start intentionally trying to make my life difficult, that's where I draw the line. I'm almost 50 now, you can only kick me in the head so many times - even I have a limit.

I am seeing more than a few sites grading us as a 'B' for this free agency period.
Not saying we should be excited about it ... but we have not sucked so far either.

At 4 - 13, we are looking good after this FA period. We still have $50M in space, but let's save it until 2025 while other teams kick out butt. Great idea Icy. I love the idea to push everything until 2025 or 2026. No need to be aggressive to be competitive.

I am seeing more than a few sites grading us as a 'B' for this free agency period.
Not saying we should be excited about it ... but we have not sucked so far either.

I believe the concern is the Patriots are not equipped to compete and seemingly have no sense of urgency about addressing that for 2024, even if just for appearance's sake.

What?? They are hamstrung while having the most cap space in the league over the next two years??? You are amazing. The Pats are hamstrung as teams will nearly no cap space sign the premier FAs.

lease keep posting more "dislikes" than everyone else on PatsFans combined and live in your own private world.
They're hamstrung with a bad roster. As we're seeing with this weak FA class, money isn't everything.

Since you're so keen on giving advise, here's some from me. Get a good night's sleep and come back fresh tomorrow. Make sure to drink a strong cup off coffee (preferably decaf).

@One-If-By-Sea did you want Ridley as a much as me?? Asking for a friend.

I am underwhelmed thus far, but it is only the first day of the new NFL year. The Pats haven’t been able to make a splash in free agency yet, but there is still a chance they can pull off a trade for someone better than a Calvin Ridley.

I won’t really determine how I feel until after the draft and we see what they do including any potential trades.
It is what it is sounds about right.

Again, despite the cesspool offense the defense was 11th vs the pass in yards and 4th in tds allowed. Also 4th in the NFL vs the run. All that with Judon and Gonzales sidelined. Pretty much everyone on defense retained worth a damn or returning from injuries.

Just by adding Brissett I think it brings another 3 or 4 wins. But it’s not getting them to the playoffs.

Was hoping Keenan Allen was going to be a casualty but that didn’t happen either.

You can easily argue this becomes the most important draft in the last 30 years for this team. I hope they get it right.

I’ve seen enough of Barmore to know extending him now while there is money would probably be in their best interest considering how DT’s skyrocketed this offseason.

Bringing in Williams on a two year deal would not be a bad thing imo. Having a big target with a long catch radius would be a big help in the red zone for Brissett and the rookie qb. He’s not Ridley, Higgens or Allen but he is a upgrade to whats here now.

Teams still have to get down below the cap so there may still be some teams that may dump some players that are really good. Obviously they’ll have the money to pounce if that does happen.

I never thought it was gonna be a one year turnaround post BB. There’s several ways to skin a cat whatever that means. In other words QB, Wr, LT. Whatever they do with that first pick needs to define what direction this team is going.

So many excuses to be the Orchids of Asia message board. Mayo said we were going to burn cash, and then he retracted his comment. Previously we blamed BB for being cheap. Now we are proud of offereing "value" contracts as the top FAs sign elsewhere.

Those guys are all JAGs. Embarrashing that you wrote that. Really embarrashing. So embarrashing I am not sure how to respond. If you did not own the PatsFans board, you would get pummeled with dislikes, but becaue you own the PatsFans board, everyone is silent.\
I'd respond to the above, but again, this clearly isn't about that.
The answer is absolutely no. And I just explained my reasoning above.

I'll say this - I'm a nice guy. And I don't care if someone doesn't like me, that's cool - I'm not a huge fan either. But if you can't do what I've asked, despite me being pretty nice about it, and continue doing it, that's where my limit sits. Again, I'll do whatever I can for everybody on here and I literally never ask people for much, other than to help me out if it comes to that. But if you keep essentially slapping me in the back of the head, eventually, I'm going to hit my limit. I don't feel like that's an unreasonable ask.

At 4 - 13, we are looking good after this FA period. We still have $50M in space, but let's save it until 2025 while other teams kick out butt. Great idea Icy. I love the idea to push everything until 2025 or 2026. No need to be aggressive to be competitive.
But it's not a zero-sum game ... some fans act like it is.
We are competing with 31 other teams in the FA market

Trying not to overreact but I’m feeling much less content after day 3 than I was after day 1. I want to see more urgency and aggressiveness. One certainty, however, is that the pitchforks would be out in full force if this same free agency haul occurred with Bill running the show.

But it's not a zero-sum game ... some fans act like it is.
We are competing with 31 other teams in the FA market
The one with, in theory, the most money to spend.

This would be a different discussion if the Patriots didn't have 100 million in cap space to start the league year. So far they've signed their own guys from a 4-13 team, and a bunch of JAGs to fill roster spots, which has eaten about 65% of that.

Those guys are all JAGs. Embarrashing that you wrote that. Really embarrashing. So embarrashing I am not sure how to respond. If you did not own the PatsFans board, you would get pummeled with dislikes, but becaue you own the PatsFans board, everyone is silent.

And you're a good guy, so I have no idea where this is coming from. But when it comes to that (and the other situation) - that's over and done with. I give people plenty of chances and once it's over with, it's done. So that's where I'm at, and I've already moved on.

Trying not to overreact but I’m feeling much less content after day 3 than I was after day 1. I want to see more urgency and aggressiveness. One certainty, however, is that the pitchforks would be out in full force if this same free agency haul occurred with Bill running the show.
You'll get urgency when the new QB is in the last year of his rookie deal and they haven't made the playoffs. (I hope this won't be the case). An even-handed approach is needed to get the team back on track. Throwing money around just to throw money around is how you end up like a lot of the dregs of the NFL.

We are where we are because of BB. Its plain and simple. He destroyed the teans offense and now the bill has come due. It took him 4 years to destroy so now it will take years to rebuild.
The team’s reputation is in the gutter.
Bill put it there with his smug arrogance and inability to evolve.

I think if Belichick was the coach next year this would have been a perfectly fine offseason; the subtraction of Mac Jones alone would likely have been us a playoff contender. Given that it’s not BB coaching but rather a clown car, I think we stay a 2-4 win team next year.

Free agency works best for good teams filling specific needs ... maintaining success is through the draft we all know this.
Average teams and lower ... overpaying to win a few more games ... historically does not work.
So which rebuilding teams have skyrocketed ... like ever by winning free agency?
Sucks to rebuild ... free agency is but one part of that process ... do we really need to gnash our teeth like zombies?

Again ... it's not a zero-sum game ... we are but 1 of 32 ... I am in the have some patience group.

We are where we are because of BB. Its plain and simple. He destroyed the teans offense and now the bill has come due. It took him 4 years to destroy so now it will take years to rebuild.
The team’s reputation is in the gutter.
Bill put it there with his smug arrogance and inability to evolve.
Cool. He's not here anymore. And the front office that is here, seems either unable or unwilling to do much to fix it.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back