• A - Fantastic effort

Votes: 116 67.8%
  • B - Solid but not especially exciting

Votes: 37 21.6%
  • C - Mediocre

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • D - Poor

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • F - BB has LOST his mind. You spent too much money!! Go Directly to Jail. Do NOT Collect 200!

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • R - Ray Lewis killed a man

Votes: 10 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He says motive for this is revenge over TFB winning a SB with TB. Lmao
On what basis does he say this? His suppositions?

If that's so, anyone can make stuff up just like this.

I have a good one: Curran is running this stuff because he's bitter because his privileged access to the inner circle has been cut off.

I can even give a source for Curran being cut off: he himself said so on Bill Simmons's podcast!

So, if it's OK to go with "BB and RK are bitter because TB won a Super Bowl" then it's OK to go with "Curran is bitter and making stuff up because he's been cut off".

I prefer we'd just stop making :poop: up, but I guess that's the norm these days.

Given Curran admits he's cut off, where is he getting his insights from?

I think he's pulling them out of his :eek:...

Makes sense. That's why BB is on the hot seat.
Why do you think that?
Look at other teams and their roster building/FA spendings over years and record. They must change their coach then every year under this assumption.

Here is what Kraft said to Peter King this week. Pretty telling. He knows this is not the best way to build a team to contend.

“We’ll see,” Kraft said with some caution. “I do remember we always made fun of the teams that spent a lot in the offseason. So we know nothing is guaranteed, and I’m very cognizant of that.”

Also from King: Per the website Over The Cap, here are the five teams that spent the most in free agency from 2017-20, with the composite spending and their regular-season records over the period:
  1. Jacksonville, $494.1 million, 22-42.
  2. N.Y. Jets, $463.0 million, 18-46.
  3. Buffalo, $457.1 million, 38-26.
  4. Detroit, $444.7 million, 23-41.
  5. Cleveland, $436.2 million, 24-39-1.
If you look at those teams, it has a lot more to do with the utterly dysfunctional team administration that it does with the fact that they spent money. That is decidedly not the case here.

On what basis does he say this? His suppositions?

If that's so, anyone can make stuff up just like this.

I have a good one: Curran is running this stuff because he's bitter because his privileged access to the inner circle has been cut off.

I can even give a source for Curran being cut off: he himself said so on Bill Simmons's podcast!

So, if it's OK to go with "BB and RK are bitter because TB won a Super Bowl" then it's OK to go with "Curran is bitter and making stuff up because he's been cut off".

I prefer we'd just stop making :poop: up, but I guess that's the norm these days.

Given Curran admits he's cut off, where is he getting his insights from?

I think he's pulling them out of his :eek:...
He's been saying that crap forever.

Why do you think that?
Look at other teams and their roster building/FA spendings over years and record. They must change their coach then every year under this assumption.

Don't they? They DO change their coaches that often.

Let's look at all current HC sorting by when they are hired.

So ONLY 7 HCs were hired before 2017. That shows you how high the churn is. 25 of the HCs have only been around from 2017 or more recent.

HCs get fired ALL the time.

Now look at the HCs that have survived. Looks like they don't have multiple losing/crap seasons in general.

Sean Payton. Stretch of 7-9 seasons in 2014-2016. None worse than 7-9 in 14 seasons.
Mike Tomlin. No losing seasons in 14 seasons
John Harbaugh. 1 losing season in 2015 in 13 seasons.
Pete Carroll. Two 7-9 seasons to start his tenure but none since 2011.
Andy Reid. No losing season in 8 seasons with KC.
Mike Zimmer. Just went 7-9 after 6 winning seasons and is on the hot seat.

Is it really THAT crazy to think that if Patriots go worse than 7-9 this year, with 2 consecutive losing seasons and less than 7 wins this year, that BB would be in trouble?

So ONLY 7 HCs were hired before 2017. That shows you how high the churn is. 25 of the HCs have only been around from 2017 or more recent.

Now look at the HCs that have survived. Looks like they don't have multiple losing/crap seasons in general.

Sean Payton. Stretch of 7-9 seasons in 2014-2016. None worse than 7-9 in 14 seasons.

Is it really THAT crazy to think that if Patriots go worse than 7-9 this year, with 2 consecutive losing seasons and less than 7 wins this year, that BB would be in trouble?
Yes. But we're all aware that you're stalker level obsessed.

BB is not on the hot seat for his job. Yet.
If the pats went 6-11 this year, BB STILL wouldn't be on the hot seat.

heck, even if they sucked it up worse than that, he wouldn't be on the hot seat.

There are a few simple reasons that the Pats spent so much money in the early part of FA

1. They had the money
2. They NEEDED to improve the roster due to a stretch of bad drafting
3. The combination of the low cap number and the large number of teams in cap trouble created a market where even top of the market deals were relative bargains, and what looks like an overpay now will look pretty good in 2 years.

That's it, folks. If you think any of this was brought on by what happened with Brady then you really haven't been watching this team for the past 20 years....or Bill Bellichick. Tell me, at what point has Bill EVERY been an "all about me guy".....EVER? The fact is NEVER. Has he EVER tooted his own horn or fell into the hype about him being the GOAT...or any of that crap.

These media pukes who bring this petty sh!t up are only doing it because there are no more petty, vindictive, or selfish group of people than the guys who cover professional sports (mke reiss excepted). They think Bill would be petty about Brady's success because THEY sure would be if they'd were in Bill's shoes.

What Bill has been about for 20 years is trying to build the best football team he can, year in and year out. No one understands better about the ups and downs of the NFL life than Bill Bellichick. When Bill makes a bad pick, he doesn't dwell on, he just tries to find out what they missed and try to do better the next time.

And whatus their Benefit of change HC that often? A rebuild after a rebuild and lot of inconsistency. Of course they can't be succesfull then. Rebuilds need time esp when you need to look for your franchise qb. Their must be a reason why they don't have succesd in the long run

And whatus their Benefit of change HC that often? A rebuild after a rebuild and lot of inconsistency. Of course they can't be succesfull then. Rebuilds need time esp when you need to look for your franchise qb. Their must be a reason why they don't have succesd in the long run

I am just talking about the reality of NFL. There's a reason it's called "Not For Long". You underperform and you get booted. It happens to everyone.

That's what I said, but they locked the thread.

Cry some more....in how many different threads are you going to post the same whine? If you had posted that link, the thread, while unnecessary, would still be active. Instead, you went full d-bag troll.

I am just talking about the reality of NFL. There's a reason it's called "Not For Long". You underperform and you get booted. It happens to everyone.
I think he will have more credit, esp. since we went 7-9 with a inferior talent team which is like making the PO with a talented team to me. Also i can't see other Coaches who would do better here than BB.

Speaking of PFF:

What a stupid Tweet in multiple ways. They got the two best TEs in FA. On top of that, Target has some nice stuff. Guy sounds like a dunce.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back