PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gordon released - Claimed By Seahawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are those other swings and misses in the first round. You seem to imply there are many. I can't think of many in the last 10 years.

D. Easley.

That's it.

past couple first rounds potentially and the 2nd round has been a disaster of late.

I think finding out that you will be IR and then released ...from the MEDIA....and not your head coach or bob kraft explains why I don’t think organization handled it very well. I’m sure BB had his reasons...but pull the player in the office and let him know what you are going to do....that’s all

Without knowing the cause for his release, how do you know how well the team handled it?

We could have "easily" gotten someone in middle rounds that would have had a first season on par with several HOF Running Backs and also have given us 336 yards on 71 carries and 6 TDs in the playoffs last year on the way to a superbowl?

ok

Yes.

A RB with a knee issue that isn’t utilized in the passing game. My god, do you really think those running backs aren’t a dime a dozen in the later rounds?

Some fans are in major denial over this guy as he was very ineffective. He was getting worse by the week.

It was worth a shot, it just didn’t work out.
I think he was injured yes...and was the cause of his decline....so sitting him for awhile made sense....but to say at 28 he’s lost all his skills and doesn’t have potential to be a great WR in the league...isn’t being completely fair....

past couple first rounds potentially and the 2nd round has been a disaster of late.

What ?

Sony was amazing after he came back from the Bears injury last year. Wynn looked like an absolute stud in the time we saw him. And Harry has one camp behind him but caught some tough balls in the preseason.

The last two years might have been the most impactful drafts since getting HT and Jones in 2012.

And if you think this is too short to give an opinion on players then this goes both ways.

Yes.

A RB with a knee issue that isn’t utilized in the passing game. My god, do you really think those running backs aren’t a dime a dozen in the later rounds?

People seems infatuated with 1st rounds picks when in actuality you can find some great players in the later rounds and even undrafted players. That lessens the damage when 1st rounders under perform.

Yes.

That RB had a HOF worthy rookie season and helped lead us to a superbowl win when TB wasnt exactly airing it out. He has certainly not been the same this year but I am not going to call a 1st rounder a bust after 24 games particularity when his first 16 were outstanding.

You want to. Go for it.

If we can’t get from Harry what we got from Gordon then it was another swing and a miss from a 1st round pick. He’s not here to replace Gordon from 2013.

Them are fighting words to the Homers.

Them are fighting words to the Homers.

I've been far from a homer, very critical of this team last year when they lost back to back games to the Steelers and the Dolphins. I feel like people really like to get on players and call them busts way too soon.

Sony has bee very good. He can pass protect, has begun to be integrated in the passing game, runs hard, and gets solid yardage. Remember last year, he went multiple games where he knocked defensive players out of the game he was running so hard.

People need to get over it. The whining is ridiculous.

We drafted a RB in the first round they can’t trust to include in the passing game. Is it really even debatable they could have gotten a similar player in the 4th/5th?

What?? How dare you bad mouth that can't catch: can barely break a Tackle no breakaway speed HOF RB Sony Michel *according to the Homers*.:rolleyes:

I've been far from a homer, very critical of this team last year when they lost back to back games to the Steelers and the Dolphins. I feel like people really like to get on players and call them busts way too soon.

Sony has bee very good
. He can pass protect, has begun to be integrated in the passing game, runs hard, and gets solid yardage. Remember last year, he went multiple games where he knocked defensive players out of the game he was running so hard.

People need to get over it. The whining is ridiculous.

Wow! I stopped reading right there.:rolleyes:

I think finding out that you will be IR and then released ...from the MEDIA....and not your head coach or bob kraft explains why I don’t think organization handled it very well. I’m sure BB had his reasons...but pull the player in the office and let him know what you are going to do....that’s all

We fans are also complicit in the rather shoddy treatment of Josh. Some of us did not believe in him and were mot 110% in his corner. These barbaric individuals were also very insensitive in regards to Joshs feelings. Critical of his play and spreading viscous rumors of Josh showing up late for meetings.

How dare you. You wonder why Josh is gone? Look in the mirror.

We fans are also complicit in the rather shoddy treatment of Josh. Some of us did not believe in him and were mot 110% in his corner. These barbaric individuals were also very insensitive in regards to Joshs feelings. Critical of his play and spreading viscous rumors of Josh showing up late for meetings.

How dare you. You wonder why Josh is gone? Look in the mirror.

You’re an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST