PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gordon released - Claimed By Seahawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Gordon.....him making those key 3rd down catches really pissed me off. So now he f***ing shows up?

Gordon almost single handily threw the game because his complete confusion about what play call he was in led to him not blocking but just standing around against the player who strip/sacked Wilson which was then recovered for a TD and 2PT conversion.

Of course since the Seahawks won nobody seems to be talking about this but instead about the third down conversion on a slant.

If he were in NE he would have a) never been in the game if he had not shown enough knowledge of the playbook and b) be benched after that whiffed block.

It's more a question of whether Jakobi Meyers was worth playing over Gordon. Seems like they could have cut Gunner and consigned Jakobi to the press box if they really wanted both. It was a numbers game and Belichick obviously liked Meyers/Harry over Gordon moving forward.

They clearly decided they had seen enough to know who he is as a player and would move on from him either way while Meyers/Gunner are young players who are still developing might be here for a couple years.

The only downside doing it now are potential comp picks but given that a 4.9M APY contract only returned a 6th round pick last year I am not sure you would have gotten anything reasonable out of his FA departure anyway. Especially in a year where many players all around the roster are FA at the end and there is a limit of 4 comp picks.

I mean Wilson is having a better season so far. Is there actually someone who would disagree ?

Not that I am a fan of individual stats in general but Wilson is better in every single category.

He has a higher completion percentage, more yards, almost double the number of TDs, a higher TD rate, fewer INTs, a smaller INT percentage and the advantage in any normalized/adjusted Yardage rate (Y/Attempt, AdjY/Attempt, Y/Completion..).

I am not sure what exactly Gordon did said wrong there. Could he have said nothing ? I guess but then we hear how everything is so much better suddenly by pretty much everyone that gets traded.
Forget about stats. I don't care if Wilson is "better".

My point is why did Josh say it? What good comes from it?

He's either being stupid, passive aggressive or malicious.

It also demonstrates he had an issue with Tom on some level.

All the good things he said in public about Tom were lies.

When he was down and out Tom welcomed him to the team.....and he throws shade on him?

Josh Gordon is a phony. I hope he flames out and works at Denny's next year.

Last edited:
What about the Josh the person?

Have YOU ever been through addiction? Have YOU ever been through what Josh has? Where are your prayers? The Bleeding Hearts on this board want to know so I am asking on their behalf.
Josh Gordon is dead to me.

What a jerk.

I hope he gets addicted to laxatives.

Forget about stats.

Why say it? What good comes from it?

He's either being stupid, passive aggressive or malicious.

It also demonstrates he had an issue with Tom on some level.

All the good things he said in public about Tom were lies.

Josh Gordon is a phony.

Gordon said something that is factually true and you are getting all emotional about it for some reason.

Everything he said in the past he most probably meant when he was saying it. Just because a new experience or circumstances change his opinion doesn't make him retroactively someone who lies.

In the end who cares. This was a sound bite to pander to his current team and fanbase. I am sure you can find dozens of those from players who signed here as well.

Gordon said something that is factually true and you are getting all emotional about it for some reason.

Everything he said in the past he most probably meant when he was saying it. Just because a new experience or circumstances change his opinion doesn't make him retroactively someone who lies.

In the end who cares. This was a sound bite to pander to his current team and fanbase. I am sure you can find dozens of those from players who signed here as well.
How do you not get it?

Tom treated Josh well here and once he leaves Josh publicly throws shade his way.

You just don't do that to someone who helped you.

Not cool.

Gordon is a self centered axxhole supported by members of at least two fanbases of enablers.

He could not have landed in a better and worse situation. Better because Seattle has 2 WR studs in Lockett and Metcalf to carry the Seahawks passing game. Gordon can fly under the radar. Worse because Pete Carroll is a lax head coach and Seattle is a city where the drug culture is prevalent and accepted.

Gordon caught 2 passes for 25 yards on slants and people are going crazy about it?

posters on this forum were attacking lombardi when he said all Gordon could do here is run slants.

at a 55% catch rate we arent missing much compared to sanu who is catching almost everything thrown his way same with Meyers. Just need Harry to duplicate what Gordon gave us and we will be fine

What about the Josh the person?

Have YOU ever been through addiction? Have YOU ever been through what Josh has? Where are your prayers? The Bleeding Hearts on this board want to know so I am asking on their behalf.
That was ridiculous last year.

As soon as a player leaves here, half our fanbase goes into "wish a mf would" mode looking for a perceived slight to pounce on. Behold

Strictly from a football perspective, Gordon is just not anything special anymore. I saw a player, whether due to injury or something else, who looked slow, out of shape and devoid of any explosiveness. And for someone who was supposed to have such great hands, he was dropping way too many catchable passes, regardless of the route he ran. The only thing I really liked was his run after the catch... very hard to bring down. He was essentially is TE out there.

I expect to see the same in SEA. He isn't all of a sudden going to revert back to 2013 Gordon. This is who he is now. I do think he makes their offense better, but it's only a marginal change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News