PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gordon released - Claimed By Seahawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good looking, intelligent, athletic, personable people named Wilson deserve praise.
OMG it's like Booger wants to ask him for a date.
I wish they would just call the d a m n game.

He is absolutely wrong, IMO. The lauding of Russell Wilson by the MNF crew was so over-the-top the other night it was laughable.
I get what you are saying but Wilson is a tough out. There are games you think his teams are completely out of it and then he makes these ridiculous plays to bring them close and often win outright. He reminds me of Serena Williams, rarely do you just beat them easily. I did not have any issues with the MNF crew, they were just trying to pump up the next generation of QBs, post P. Manning, it has been hard to generate any excitement about QB battles. They need to increase the hype IMO. If I were the network hosting Watson and Mahomes, I will be in overdrive right about now.

He is absolutely wrong, IMO. The lauding of Russell Wilson by the MNF crew was so over-the-top the other night it was laughable.
The stats don't lie. Right now, 30 year old Russell Wilson is a better QB than 42 year old Tom Brady.

That's not saying Brady sucks, he doesn't. That's not saying he has to be the best QB in the league for the Patriots to win, he doesn't.

Wilson's thrown 2 picks all year.

The stats don't lie. Right now, 30 year old Russell Wilson is a better QB than 42 year old Tom Brady.

That's not saying Brady sucks, he doesn't. That's not saying he has to be the best QB in the league for the Patriots to win, he doesn't.

The stats might not lie, but they also don't tell the whole story. As someone here said in another thread, we'll see...by the end of the season.

Wilson is the best QB in the league. Being worse than him is not an indictment.

I get what you are saying but Wilson is a tough out. There are games you think his teams are completely out of it and then he makes these ridiculous plays to bring them close and often win outright. He reminds me of Serena Williams, rarely do you just beat them easily. I did not have any issues with the MNF crew, they were just trying to pump up the next generation of QBs, post P. Manning, it has been hard to generate any excitement about QB battles. They need to increase the hype IMO. If I were the network hosting Watson and Mahomes, I will be in overdrive right about now.
I can't stand the over-the-top ball washing. They were going on and on about Russell Wilson, and frankly, most of the game he was losing. And if you think about it, the 4th quarter comeback stat isn't so hot - that means you've been down for the first 3 quarters. A lot. I agree that Wilson can be fun to watch and makes some shaking-my-head throws, but celebrate the plays, don't deify the player.

The stats might not lie, but they also don't tell the whole story. As someone here said in another thread, we'll see...by the end of the season.

If you mean winning the SB... Winning the SB won't mean brady was a better QB than wilson this year. It will just mean brady's team won the SB. He doesn't need to be better than wilson for that to happen.

If you mean winning the SB... Winning the SB won't mean brady was a better QB than wilson this year. It will just mean brady's team won the SB. He doesn't need to be better than wilson for that to happen.
That's exactly what I mean, and I guess I will just have to agree to disagree with those on here who don't count wins and losses as pretty much the only stat worth talking about.

That's exactly what I mean, and I guess I will just have to agree to disagree with those on here who don't count wins and losses as pretty much the only stat worth talking about.

I mean, you just talked about stats not telling the whole story but then you choose to ignore everything other than wins and losses? Wins and losses certainly don't tell the whole story.

I agree, that's all that should matter for a fan or team... But it's not all that matters when you're discussing which player is better than another player. Or which player is playing better than another player.

Remember those two years Eli was a better QB than Brady? Flacco had his year too!

Remember those two years Eli was a better QB than Brady? Flacco had his year too!
Point taken, d a m m i t.

Edit - I guess what I should have said is I don't think Russell Wilson is all that, no matter what the stats, or Josh Gordon, or Booger say, and I think Brady will end up having a better year than him in terms of how things play out. How's that?

So Edelman is better than Mike Evans since Mike has 3 wins and Jules has 8 . Got it

So Edelman is better than Mike Evans since Mike has 3 wins and Jules has 8 . Got it

There are substantially better owns available here (Julio, Hopkins, etc). I'd probably take Edelman over Evans on a single game basis.

Point taken, d a m m i t.

Edit - I guess what I should have said is I don't think Russell Wilson is all that, no matter what the stats, or Josh Gordon, or Booger say, and I think Brady will end up having a better year than him in terms of how things play out. How's that?

I don't think it's any great shame to say Wilson is either the best or second best (after Mahomes) QB in football right now and a 42 year old Brady is not the best QB in football.

There are substantially better owns available here (Julio, Hopkins, etc). I'd probably take Edelman over Evans on a single game basis.
I am just trying to figure out how this works

I don't think it's any great shame to say Wilson is either the best or second best (after Mahomes) QB in football right now and a 42 year old Brady is not the best QB in football.

Agreed. Wilson and Mahomes earn their accolades, and them being better than Brady in 2019 does nothing to put his GOAT status in jeopardy.

Agreed. Wilson and Mahomes earn their accolades, and them being better than Brady in 2019 does nothing to put his GOAT status in jeopardy.

I’m no Brady humper and yeah, every year this guy’s better, that guy’s better, Brady’s not the best, until the season moves on . . . and all of a sudden . . . he’s in the AFCCG . . . and then the SB . . .

Again.

Last edited:

I hate this whole argument because I really, really like both players.

Josh Gordon.....him making those key 3rd down catches really pissed me off. So now he f***ing shows up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back