PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gordon released - Claimed By Seahawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm concerned about Gordon's future, as this was likely the best football environment for a player focused on football away from internal troubles. His teammates supported him.
I wish Josh a happy, clean and sober life. Enjoyed his productive time here.

His career is now up in smoke.

We drafted a RB in the first round they can’t trust to include in the passing game. Is it really even debatable they could have gotten a similar player in the 4th/5th?
If you want to give up the banner and trophy from last year, sure, a 4th/5th rounder would do.

I'm hearing that once he clears waivers we could sign him again.

He won't clear waivers and he certainly can't go on the practice squad. I don't know why you think the Patriots would waive him only to bring him back.

People seems infatuated with 1st rounds picks when in actuality you can find some great players in the later rounds and even undrafted players. That lessens the damage when 1st rounders under perform.

Largely agree. What the first round is (not factoring in trade value) is better odds of selecting an impact player. What the draft is is gathering as many impact players as possible. How many players you select that become impact (or even serviceable such as a Brandon Bolden) is ultimately all that matters IMHO.

Today Curran added some context saying that Gordon was late to some meetings and that the coaches COULDN'T LOCATE HIM AT TIMES.

Remember last year, Pats security lost track of Gordon over the BYE week....then he was suspended by the NFL shortly after.

And I agree with whoever said that we hope the best for him, but NE was probably the best place for him to stay on the path.

I'm hearing that once he clears waivers we could sign him again.

PATSFANS.COM POLL

My condescending, snarky reply should reference:

[ ] Erica Leigh
[ ] Sharks of Vegas
[ ] Incarcerated Bob
[ ] Other/Write- in vote

Today Curran added some context saying that Gordon was late to some meetings and that the coaches COULDN'T LOCATE HIM AT TIMES.

Remember last year, Pats security lost track of Gordon over the BYE week....then he was suspended by the NFL shortly after.

And I agree with whoever said that we hope the best for him, but NE was probably the best place for him to stay on the path.

IF that's the case I cannot see a contender picking him up. Too bad this probably is his last chance in Todays NFL.

Last edited:
IF that's the case I cannot see a contender picking him up. Too bad this is probably his last chance in the NFL.

I think someone will pick him up just for the comp pick value. Your team sucks...and you have 8 weeks left in the season....well worth a comp pick.

You can’t sign back a guy you released off IR, right?

He's a free agent as of 4 eastern. Which means a team like say....Baltimore, KC, or even Houston could pick him up. That would be a problem for the Pats.

You can sign him if no one claims him on waivers.

It's not going to happen, man.

Gordon's not walking through that door. Brown's not walking through that door. Gronk's not walking through that door.*

* Gronk might be walking through that door eventually.

It's not going to happen, man.

Gordon's not walking through that door. Brown's not walking through that door. Gronk's not walking through that door.*

* Gronk might be walking through that door eventually.
I don't want him too, I'm just learning stuff and answering someone's question.

He's a free agent as of 4 eastern. Which means a team like say....Baltimore, KC, or even Houston could pick him up. That would be a problem for the Pats.

Will he be able to run and get open if one of those teams signs him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3