PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gordon released - Claimed By Seahawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the same page with you. However I do think N'keal Harry may have shown enough in practice to push JG out.
Sanu pushed Gordon out.

The few addicts I have known (including my daughter's mother) were very selfish, self centered people...whether or not they were sober.
A real drag to be around.

The one thing I have read is that up into our 20's we are developing physically.
Mid 20's to mid 30's we develop socially. How to interact, how to compromise, tact, etc.
Addicts miss a big chunk of of the socially developmental years.
This was described to me as "socially ******ed".
My daughter's mother certainly fits this description.

Yup

Gordon cares about Gordon. Football is down on the list. He is not changing so it's time to move on and say goodbye. The Pat's are not a halfway house, but I have little doubt that they did everything that they could to help him.

...he was late to meetings and what not
Oh what now, not the “what not.” He’s back on the what not? Why not, what not, you ask? Because the league says why not, what not. Pats were supposed to have someone helping him know what not to take especially the what not.

That's what I am hoping as well. Sanu is an inside guy so his acquisition has nothing to do with Gordon

But harry projects to play the same X receiver role Gordon did. If they believe Harry can offer similar if not more production than gordon it's the only reason that makes sense to release a guy who while not effective was still on pace for 600 yards

Gordon was the Pats # 2 WR.

Now, Sanu is the Pats # 2 WR.

I'm sure releasing Gordon isn't fun for BB. Might be one of the hardest decisions he's ever had to make. He will be missed.

Brady is still in disbelief.

• The thing that bugs me with the Gordon situation: we all know this possibility was at the back of our minds. That's why I would have held on to D Thomas you can't tell he wouldn't be more valuable than some of those deadwoods on this Roster I can name four including Two TE's. :rolleyes:

There was someone in particular (they posted in the initial thread when Gordon was IR'd) who said things along the lines of (and I'm paraphrasing), 'he's a useless addict and Belichick knows this, which is why he's cutting him'. Same person has posted in this thread, although they've been less callous this time around.

There aren't many, but certainly one or a few who hate Gordon. I assume they're either the most immature/ignorant people on the planet, or perhaps are projecting.

But for the most part, yes, the critique of Gordon has been regarding his play on the field, which while respectable, has certainly been 'meh' at best.
Wow! You make a lot of sense ...

When you're not talking about Antonio Brown. ;)

:D

It appears that if a player doesn't:

1. Bend the knee;
2. Kiss the ring;
3. Kiss azz;

Or is:
4. Tardy (lmfao);
5. Expresses opinions;
6. Uppity.

Is enough reason to be released. It is what it is. Maybe Josh will join DT and they can compare notes about Belichick going back on his word. Maybe AB joins them once out of blacklist. Even Watson, when he's released once Izzo and LaCosse come back from injuries, team misses their blocking and receptions. :rolleyes:

What a strange season on the O side. :confused:
I hope Harry can produce 40 yds per game. :rolleyes:
...Or not play up to the teams expectations, maybe?

AB? …. LMAO. Jeez.

• The thing that bugs me with the Gordon situation: we all know this possibility was at the back of our minds. That's why I would have held on to D Thomas you can't tell he wouldn't be more valuable than some of those deadwoods on this Roster I can name four including Two TE's. :rolleyes:
Speak for yourself especially when throwing **** around.

I keep hearing "lets transition him to TE" about lots of players. Has there ever been a good TE that was transitioned out of some other position?

Tim Tebow! I think there still hope of this happening...

If we can’t get from Harry what we got from Gordon then it was another swing and a miss from a 1st round pick. He’s not here to replace Gordon from 2013.

If we can’t get from Harry what we got from Gordon then it was another swing and a miss from a 1st round pick. He’s not here to replace Gordon from 2013.

what do you mean with another swing and miss from a 1st round pick?

what do you mean with another swing and miss from a 1st round pick?

We could have easily gotten a player in the middle rounds that would give us what Sony has given us. The fact he’s barely used in the passing game shows what a misjudgment the pick was.

We could have easily gotten a player in the middle rounds that would give us what Sony has given us. The fact he’s barely used in the passing game shows what a misjudgment the pick was.

I hope you are joking.

I hope you are joking.

We drafted a RB in the first round they can’t trust to include in the passing game. Is it really even debatable they could have gotten a similar player in the 4th/5th?

We drafted a RB in the first round they can’t trust to include in the passing game. Is it really even debatable they could have gotten a similar player in the 4th/5th?

It's not only debatable, it's fairly unlikely.

We could have "easily" gotten someone in middle rounds that would have had a first season on par with several HOF Running Backs and also have given us 336 yards on 71 carries and 6 TDs in the playoffs last year on the way to a superbowl?

ok

Who are those other swings and misses in the first round. You seem to imply there are many. I can't think of many in the last 10 years.

D. Easley.

That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back