PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gordon released - Claimed By Seahawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 years 58 games. 20 TD 4113y 17.1y/R

Hasnt been clean a year since ~2005
Xanax, marijuana, codeine in middle school
Junior year HS Xanax, hydrocodone, oxycodone at nearly every opportunity
Before games, chug Mad Dog 20-20, to gauge whether he could play drunk.
A timeline of Josh Gordon's history with substance abuse and suspensions | Boston.com

The amount of time the Pats gave him
then the sudden, seemingly unnecessary
shuffle away at point of most need?
Still not clean
The pattern for folks who start early: never will be.
It is just the way it is. A horrible thing for people
Destroys their life
End up under a bridge, crapping on the sidewalk
Spending the day hunting for more, forever
Its just the way it is

To assert that drug addiction cannot be overcome, or that individuals who have drug addiction cannot learn to live in a functional and happy manner, is patently false. Ask anyone who has recovered from addiction.

Are certain types of addiction extremely hard to overcome? Of course. Is everyone battling addiction fated to the outcome you describe above? Absolutely not.

Someone with addiction could be reading this forum, and if they saw your post they could understandably become despondent and discouraged.

There's always hope and the opportunity to live in a happier and healthier way moving forward, and everyone with addiction needs to hear that.

Last edited:
I do not believe anyone here hated him ...
Those who disliked him did so as to his production into the future.
Too many were rating him on the past ... that guy appears to be gone for now anyways.

There was someone in particular (they posted in the initial thread when Gordon was IR'd) who said things along the lines of (and I'm paraphrasing), 'he's a useless addict and Belichick knows this, which is why he's cutting him'. Same person has posted in this thread, although they've been less callous this time around.

There aren't many, but certainly one or a few who hate Gordon. I assume they're either the most immature/ignorant people on the planet, or perhaps are projecting.

But for the most part, yes, the critique of Gordon has been regarding his play on the field, which while respectable, has certainly been 'meh' at best.

Going to call this post out.

To assert that drug addiction cannot be overcome, or that individuals who have drug addiction cannot learn to live in a functional and happy manner, is patently false. Ask anyone who has recovered from addiction.

Are certain types of addiction extremely hard to overcome? Of course. Is everyone battling addiction fated to the outcome you describe above? Absolutely not.

Someone with addiction could be reading this forum, and if they saw your post they could understandably become despondent and discouraged.

There's always hope and the opportunity to live in a happier and healthier way moving forward, and everyone with addiction needs to hear that.

This is an extremely good post.

can we sign him in two weeks if we wanted?

Some fans are in major denial over this guy as he was very ineffective. He was getting worse by the week.

It was worth a shot, it just didn’t work out.

To assert that drug addiction cannot be overcome, or that individuals who have drug addiction cannot learn to live ....

I agree with everything you said
Plain fact is, overwhelmingly, people don't quit.
So anyone stuck in that situation
be prepared for that

The vast majority do not quit
They die

70,000 per year, right now.
Cut off from Meds for "drug seeking"
street price of fentanyl laced
Heroin is cheaper than the pills
The fentanyl kills them

So, I say again,
if you or anyone you know is offered that from a Doctor?
No.
The answer must be No.

Some fans are in major denial over this guy as he was very ineffective. He was getting worse by the week.

It was worth a shot, it just didn’t work out.

I'm on the same page with you. However I do think N'keal Harry may have shown enough in practice to push JG out.

Yes you are right ...this was not handled well at all by BB or Patriots organization

Without knowing the cause for his release, how do you know how well the team handled it?

I'm on the same page with you. However I do think N'keal Harry may have shown enough in practice to push JG out.

That's what I am hoping as well. Sanu is an inside guy so his acquisition has nothing to do with Gordon

But harry projects to play the same X receiver role Gordon did. If they believe Harry can offer similar if not more production than gordon it's the only reason that makes sense to release a guy who while not effective was still on pace for 600 yards

I never understood this move . In a year when there has been so much TO at the WR position , he at least knew the playbook and Brady trusted him . Oh well, BB knows best....

It appears that if a player doesn't:

1. Bend the knee;
2. Kiss the ring;
3. Kiss azz;

Or is:
4. Tardy (lmfao);
5. Expresses opinions;
6. Uppity.

Is enough reason to be released. It is what it is. Maybe Josh will join DT and they can compare notes about Belichick going back on his word. Maybe AB joins them once out of blacklist. Even Watson, when he's released once Izzo and LaCosse come back from injuries, team misses their blocking and receptions. :rolleyes:

What a strange season on the O side. :confused:
I hope Harry can produce 40 yds per game. :rolleyes:

Really hoping he gets his life in order and football does not keep him from staying clean.

I wish he could have transitioned to tight end

I keep hearing "lets transition him to TE" about lots of players. Has there ever been a good TE that was transitioned out of some other position?

Really hoping the Jets get him.

Jets get Gordon.

Pats get Folk.

Seems fair.

I hope so too only so I can be doubly amused by certain obnoxious contrarians who are still annoyed that Thomas is no longer a Patriot. Having both Thomas and Gordon on the Jets will give them high blood pressure.

"That's just the way it is what it is?"

That's just the way it is

Some things will never change

I can't get out of bed

Without narcotics in my veins

I keep hearing "lets transition him to TE" about lots of players. Has there ever been a good TE that was transitioned out of some other position?

Power forward. That's about it.

The few addicts I have known (including my daughter's mother) were very selfish, self centered people...whether or not they were sober.
A real drag to be around.

The one thing I have read is that up into our 20's we are developing physically.
Mid 20's to mid 30's we develop socially. How to interact, how to compromise, tact, etc.
Addicts miss a big chunk of of the socially developmental years.
This was described to me as "socially ******ed".
My daughter's mother certainly fits this description.

I can’t think of one really

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye