PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gordon before and after indoctrination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not spending on bad habits is as good as a raise

I don’t really care what one grown man does with his money. Really, aside from rooting for the guy to overcome his addiction, all I care about is his ability to help the team win football games and improve the offense.

I don’t really care what one grown man does with his money. Really, aside from rooting for the guy to overcome his addiction, all I care about is his ability to help the team win football games and improve the offense.
I’m not sure it’s possible to “overcome addiction”, but then I also think that addiction is a much broader thing than is commonly understood. Workaholics are addicted. Gym rats are addicted. Video gamers are addicted. I’d go so far as to argue that the state of consciousness labeled “flow” (see link below) is very closely related to addiction. So I don’t think he can ever not be addicted to something. But what I’m rooting for is to have Gordon become addicted to the Patriot Way of team discipline, obsessive preparation, and winning.
Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience

The casual reference to fixing dislocated fingers is a timely reminder about the physical nature of this game. Pray for health for the rest of the season, as it may be the most significant factor that determines how deep the Pats go.

I had a similar thought when listening to this weeks Ex Pats podcast. Perry and Ninkovich had Vollmer as a guest and he said that he had no cartilage left in his shoulder and had several surgeries to essentially be able to grab his wallet from the pocket without pain.

A lot of players are paying quite the price for playing in the NFL and only a few of them get paid on a level to make it worth compared to other major sports.

Some people can win even when surrounded by losers. Josh doesn’t have that kind of natural discipline & drive.

He’s a follower, not a leader. But that’s ok. We’re not all supposed to be leaders. Being a follower is far more common.

I agree in principle, however, name any leader you think could win in cleaveland? Belichick is a leader who can win anywhere... except um

I agree in principle, however, name any leader you think could win in cleaveland? Belichick is a leader who can win anywhere... except um
Any athlete can win for any team. “Winning” isn’t about team record. I’m referring to excelling despite failure all around you.

JG in CLE = late on child support, financial issues
JG after 5 games in NE= new 600 diamond chain

He must be feeling confident about his future.

TMZ

Dude owes mad money in child support and buying a chain for 25k is a priority. Ughh

• Ha Ha
Reactions: jah
Any athlete can win for any team. “Winning” isn’t about team record. I’m referring to excelling despite failure all around you.

That makes sense. He don’t have that I guess but you put him here and it’s all good. He needed something that was not there but is here

Josh Gordon reportedly asks to push child support hearing back until after football season

Lol what? Employers are allowed to dictate that? If I was a judge I'd tell the Josh Gordon and the Patriots to piss off. Now if they worded it differently, explaining how it could be detrimental to him. Then if I were a judge I'd allow it.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous that employers are allowed to do that, but I guess the (idiotic) counterpoint would be that he shouldn't take a job with such strict rules knowing he's got a child support hearing.

Also, I know the legal situation goes far above my head, but I don't get why he can't just pay the money asked of him. It is his child, after all. Why fight when he's (relatively) rich?

I’m rooting for him too. He will either get it sorted or his life will change for the worse. I feel like if he fails here, he’s screwed

Remember a snippet when he was in Cleveland that one of his brothers was a bad influence on him, while no one is/was responsible for his behavior there... a bad influence who minimizes his addiction issues can lead to very bad outcomes. A brother(Kain) who has a twitter handle of @RastaGordon713 is probably not the best influence on him.. at the end of the day the world is filled with "Kains" and it is about how you handle yourself in that world...

Good perspective on his view on is addictions from GQ...

Josh Gordon on Addiction, His NFL Comeback, and Using Before Games

Addiction is a hobbit like dragon. Sometimes you can out run it or cry it off of hit the reset button but the monster never truly dies. I like to joke around a lot and take very little in life all that serious, I have my reasons for that. That being said, there’s nothing humorous at all about addiction and addictive drugs including alcohol.

Josh Gordon reportedly asks to push child support hearing back until after football season

Lol what? Employers are allowed to dictate that? If I was a judge I'd tell the Josh Gordon and the Patriots to piss off. Now if they worded it differently, explaining how it could be detrimental to him. Then if I were a judge I'd allow it.
Yeah that's BS. Teams grant excused absences all the time.

It's all legal games.

No reason why he can't get on a 6am out of Logan and be in a CLE courtroom by 10am and back home for dinner the same day.

Team could have written something into his contract because of his substance abuse issues. Reason and details don’t matter, if the team has the ability to control whether he leaves the state he is subject to that. Whether he could request an exemption or not isn’t the issue before the court. He’s contractually bound to the team and if the contract conflicts with the court appearance that’s all the court needs to consider.

Also, remember that what you’re reading is some reporter’s condensation of whatever their sources said, for publication. Could well have been written from reading court documents online without knowing what was said in oral arguments or discussions with judge and opposing counsel. Often the latter is most important part, so the judge’s part is simply “counsel, do you object? No. So granted.” And opposing counsel is well aware that causing problems between his courtroom opponent and their employer could reduce his client’s ability to collect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back