PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell to fine Jerry Jones millions for blocking his new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Goodell did this after consulting with owners."

Well that can't be right. Everything he does is arbitrary.

see, this may be correct, but he knowingly goes along with it. it is a principle thing...it is the stanley milgrim experiment of 1961

he knows he is in a position of power and he loves 40 mil per year

it is why he lied about ray rice’s
confession because of his guest membership with bisciotti’s augusta national membership and how badly the rice/flacco cap hits (upwards of 25 million) in 2015 would weaken the ravens ability to challenge the pats

don’t make him to be innocent

he also stole money from
zeke elliott this year to appease mara and deflect from the josh brown thingy

He goes along with it BECAUSE THAT'S HIS JOB. The owners are his boss, he's doing what the majority of his bosses want him to do. It's not hard to figure it out.

Okay lets say you get rid of Goodell. The next guy is going to do the exact same thing BECAUSE THE OWNERS WANT THE PERSON IN THAT POSITION TO DO THAT. Nobody who takes that job is going to do anything but that. And if they don't, they won't last long in the role.

He's not innocent. But it misses the point to spend all this time venting over him and not the owners. Goodell is the hitman. The owners are the don. The owners carry all the power. The hitman will be replaced by another hitman when the time comes.

umm, it says “article 2”..i want article 46
Article 2 is from the NFL Constitution while the article 46 you refer to is from the CBA.. Do you know the difference between the two documents????

the cba changes every time it is negotiated every 10 years or so, but the constitution does not.

it is correct.... i am not a lawyer, hence why i am asking you and whoever else to cite what you’re saying. every post that goes by as you double down like goodell, it becomes more suspicious.

i don’t want “article 2” explaining the structure of the owner/player infrastructure relationship...i want you or whoever to share where it says owners are not subject to the use of it towards the league, including owners

I'm not really sure what is unclear here. There are two separate documents. The Collective Bargaining Agreement details how owners and the commissioner govern the players' employment conditions. The NFL Constitution and Bylaws details how the owners and Commissioner govern each other.

The CBA contains Article 46 which essentially says the commissioner can punish any player for anything he wants to.

The Constitution contains Article 8 which says what the commissioner can do to the owners (not quite anything, he needs Executive Committee approval to go above and beyond certain limits). There isn't an article 46 here.

Why would Article 46 of the CBA apply to the Constitution? It has as much relevancy to the Constitution as the terms of your car loan has on mine. Your car loan is between your bank and you, not your bank and me. Similarly, the CBA is between the owners/commish and the players, not between the owners/commish and each other.

i am asking you to educate me since you are a “contract lawyer”
I, and others, have tried to educate you but you just refuse to believe those who know more than you.

Imagine being the judge ruling on whether Goodell can call someone's reticence about giving him $40m a year "conduct detrimental". The obvious baseline is to rule against Goodell immediately, and laugh while doing it, and you work backwards from there based upon further information.
Once anything gets to court, there’s no telling what will happen. I would HOPE they’d look at it like you just described it, buuut...

He's not innocent. But it misses the point to spend all this time venting over him and not the owners. Goodell is the hitman. The owners are the don. The owners carry all the power. The hitman will be replaced by another hitman when the time comes.

No NO NO!!! (insert appropriate foot stomps here)
GOODELL GOODELL GOODELL!!! (in Jan Brady voice)

in case anyone needs help understanding, that was...

H183gQq.gif

Article 46 is the CBA for the players only. Owners are bound by the NFL constitution...
I wouldn’t rule anything out...the logic they leaped in court already is more ridiculous than him jumping to 46 punishing owners.

I wouldn’t rule anything out...the logic they leaped in court already is more ridiculous than him jumping to 46 punishing owners.

thank you

apparently, some pats fans are asleep with the nfl lawyers using article 46 in the fashion they did in 2016.

this entire time, the reason why goodell has acted the way he has, is because he was told
to and it didn’t matter how bad it looked.

Why would Article 46 of the CBA apply to the Constitution? It has as much relevancy to the Constitution as the terms of your car loan has on mine. Your car loan is between your bank and you, not your bank and me. Similarly, the CBA is between the owners/commish and the players, not between the owners/commish and each other.
But nowhere in your car loan is there a clause stating that you can't smash the windows on his car. Therefore you are allowed to smash the windows on his car.

But nowhere in your car loan is there a clause stating that you can't smash the windows on his car. Therefore you are allowed to smash the windows on his car.

Right

You just explained why he uses Article 46.

it is why he lied about ray rice’s
confession because of his guest membership with bisciotti’s augusta national membership and how badly the rice/flacco cap hits (upwards of 25 million) in 2015 would weaken the ravens ability to challenge the pats

don’t make him to be innocent

Wait, let's not let this fly under the radar.

You think that Goodell's decision on Ray Rice was influenced by Rice's cap hit and how that would affect the Ravens ability to beat the Patriots? Did that play more or less of a role than the fact that Rice was initially videoed dragging his unconscious girlfriend out of an elevator?

Wait, let's not let this fly under the radar.

You think that Goodell's decision on Ray Rice was influenced by Rice's cap hit and how that would affect the Ravens ability to beat the Patriots? Did that play more or less of a role than the fact that Rice was initially videoed dragging his unconscious girlfriend out of an elevator?

umm, why else would he lie twice about something so obvious?

he lied about seeing the tape and lied about rice’s confession.

do you even watch what goodell does?

umm, why else would he lie twice about something so obvious?

he lied about seeing the tape and lied about rice’s confession.

do you even watch what goodell does?

Dude I hate Goodell as much as the next person but I can think of plenty of reasons why he would lie about Ray Rice before I concluded that it was to stick it to the Patriots (the most obvious being that it looks bad for the league for its players to beat up their girlfriends).

You really need to stop with these ludicrous conspiracy theories. It makes Patriots fans look like idiots. There's enough to blame Goodell for without making **** up.

Dude I hate Goodell as much as the next person but I can think of plenty of reasons why he would lie about Ray Rice before I concluded that it was to stick it to the Patriots (the most obvious being that it looks bad for the league for its players to beat up their girlfriends).

You really need to stop with these ludicrous conspiracy theories. It makes Patriots fans look like idiots. There's enough to blame Goodell for without making **** up.

what are the reasons?

Goodell is crooked. Him being named "Good"ell is quite ironic since hes crooked as they come.

No.

You have an issue with Jerry Jones? Have at it man. Stick it to him.

Personally, in this instance, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I think he deserves a medal for trying to mess with Goodell getting an extension. You don't?
Nope. I think he's just as big, if not bigger piece of **** as Goodell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back