PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell to fine Jerry Jones millions for blocking his new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd bet my bottom dollar that those 'costs' have more to do with the cost of litigating E. Elliot's suspension than Jones stalling the new contract. If true, than this is dirty in a fraudulent way.

Last edited:
Article 46 is the CBA for the players only. Owners are bound by the NFL constitution...

Do you have a source for this? Article 46 has been in the constitution and by laws since 1969 and gets worked into the cba, as part of what the lawyers and goodell want for punishment reasons.

I am asking you or anyone to post where it says it is only to be used when dealing with players. Maybe that is true, but i have not seen that.

Hint: goodell just used “article 46” in asking jerry richardson to go ahead and sell the panthers, with a wink-wink.

cutting and pasting this isn’t going to cut it. where is the line that says “article 46 and its use is only applicable to players”..?

article 46 is in the constitution and bylaws and is brought into the cba so goodell can quiet any player issues.

it has nothing to do with the idea that he can’t use it against owners or coaches.

again, i am waiting for the statement that supports your premise.

7wuKYJZ.png

article 46 specifically talks about disciplining players and says nothing about disciplining owners.

I also refuse to believe that legal defense for one person costs millions. I know lawyers are expensive but is that not a full year salary for even the best?

It’s ok. Goodell is going to fall off a cliff.

7wuKYJZ.png

article 46 specifically talks about disciplining players and says nothing about disciplining owners.

2:11 am? yikes, but thanks.

at the end of the day, it looks like it may not be article 46, but goodell can apparently still
do whatever he wants, as do all commissioners. it is the abuse of this power that separates goodell from everyone else.

after reading that, it makes it worse that brady was still suspended on an appeal of fake evidence.

and now we learn of a 1997 “resolution” that appears to be article 46 for the owners:

Commissioner has “final and binding” power to determine legal fees to be paid by Jerry Jones

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey