PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell plans to be @ Gillette season opener

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as a solution, I was thinking of a hand-held sign (probably 12" wide or so) with a photo of the Goodell Clown Logo on that T-Shirt that people can hold up. Eliminates worrying about shirt sizes for everyone, people not wanting to wear the nose, etc. So that's what I was thinking and hopefully it's still relatively inexpensive enough for us to do it, plus I think every single person would have zero issue holding those up and waving them in unison. Do you guys agree?

My concern with the signs would be that they would be held up at the start of the game, but then be forgotten. (Same with the red noses.) That would allow the NFL to avoid showing the crowd at the start, and no one would ever see them on tv. The shirts worn by everyone would make a bigger impact, difficult for the cameras to avoid. As for the sizes, I'd just go with 3 sizes: large, xl, and xxl. I think that would cover most people, even if some have to wear it a little big and some a little tight.

I tried contacting Barstool a few weeks ago for pricing, They said they'd call me but I never heard from them again. I didn't continue trying because I wasn't sure the interest in doing this was still there. I'd love to help though.

Seems to me that having Goodell here is awkward for Kraft too - who seems like he's somewhat "done" walking that thin line of trying to cover up for an incompetent Commissioner

Kraft should further redeem himself with the fan base by having a little bit of fun with Goodell's visit on his home turf

Seems to me Jerry Thorton and maybe the guys at Barstool might do the Patriots and all their fans a favor by creating a PSA alerting everyone to the dangers of tire under-inflation brought on by the coming cold months of Fall and Winter

Make Goodell sit through THAT as everyone puts on their clown noses!

My concern with the signs would be that they would be held up at the start of the game, but then be forgotten. (Same with the red noses.) That would allow the NFL to avoid showing the crowd at the start, and no one would ever see them on tv. The shirts worn by everyone would make a bigger impact, difficult for the cameras to avoid. As for the sizes, I'd just go with 3 sizes: large, xl, and xxl. I think that would cover most people, even if some have to wear it a little big and some a little tight.

I tried contacting Barstool a few weeks ago for pricing, They said they'd call me but I never heard from them again. I didn't continue trying because I wasn't sure the interest in doing this was still there. I'd love to help though.
I love the idea of T-shirts, but the cost would be astronomical (pretend they're $1.00 each - which they'd obviously be more than that - you're talking $68,000+) and the logistics worry me in terms of the fact we'd be talking a massive truck with pallettes of boxes that we'd have to get into the lots and then spread them around the stadium in order to be able to get them handed out by game time, and we'd have the issue of running out of them at one location while then trying to getting them moved from one spot to another.

It's not impossible, but after some initial conversations I've had, I'm just trying to think of everything we might be dealing with and explore all our options. For those of you who have looked at these posts and haven't jumped in (and it's been a little quiet since I posted that this morning), don't be afraid to chime in even if you disagree and make a suggestion.

I love the idea of T-shirts, but the cost would be astronomical (pretend they're $1.00 each - which they'd obviously be more than that - you're talking $68,000+) and the logistics worry me in terms of the fact we'd be talking a massive truck with pallettes of boxes that we'd have to get into the lots and then spread them around the stadium in order to be able to get them handed out by game time, and we'd have the issue of running out of them at one location while then trying to getting them moved from one spot to another.

It's not impossible, but after some initial conversations I've had, I'm just trying to think of everything we might be dealing with and explore all our options. For those of you who have looked at these posts and haven't jumped in (and it's been a little quiet since I posted that this morning), don't be afraid to chime in even if you disagree and make a suggestion.
Hate to throw cold water on this but not everyone entering the stadium will (A) know what's going on and what to be looking for, or (B) be counted on to care enough to participate. Plus, the crowd will be arriving earlier than normal for opening night. Lots of entrances to cover as well.

Hate to throw cold water on this but not everyone entering the stadium will (A) know what's going on and what to be looking for, or (B) be counted on to care enough to participate. Plus, the crowd will be arriving earlier than normal for opening night. Lots of entrances to cover as well.
That's what worries me, and that's why whatever we do would require it to be quick but as effective as possible where even the most casual fan would take it and hold it up with the rest of the crowd, and that's why I was trying to come up with something easier that could be explained and handed out quickly. I think most people would wave the sign and we could at least include instructions along with whatever message we needed to pass along to get the less-passionate fans on board, etc. and have it printed on the back. But this is going to require a lot of people to get on board to get it off the ground. We definitely can't go halfway on this if we're going to do it.

That's what worries me, and that's why whatever we do would require it to be quick but as effective as possible where even the most casual fan would take it and hold it up with the rest of the crowd, and that's why I was trying to come up with something easier that could be explained and handed out quickly. I think most people would wave the sign and we could at least include instructions along with whatever message we needed to pass along to get the less-passionate fans on board, etc. and have it printed on the back. But this is going to require a lot of people to get on board to get it off the ground. We definitely can't go halfway on this if we're going to do it.
If the Clown shirt is a non runner due to financial and/or logistical reasons, then the idea off a mini placard is good. The whole point is that the occasion is one where Patriot Fans show their displeasure on National T.V. towards this vile individual. If successful, I think Patriot Fans would be admired by fans of other teams also.
I wish you well Ian in your efforts and hope you get the required support to make a significant statement.

Goodell knows the Patriot fans hate his guts. So anything the fans do will not surprise him. And being the arrogantass he is, he really won't care what you do.
Just don't put the owner in a edgy position.

Goodell knows the Patriot fans hate his guts. So anything the fans do will not surprise him. And being the arrogantass he is, he really won't care what you do.
Just don't put the owner in a edgy position.
Given Roger's past behavior, he does care what the fans think about him. Remember the guy who gave Roger the finger when they posed for a pic a while back. Roger made sure the guy lost his job for it.

I really think a gofundme could raise the money.
The logistics are another problem.

Clown noses would be dumb in my opinion because every shot of the crowd would show patriots fans acting like clowns and there is no way that would ever end up getting associated with goodell because there is a picture of him somewhere.

The photo is not a bad idea. It would be nice if there were an easy way to just pin it on whatever shirt you are wearing.
I think also with publicity that I am sure we can get and barstool offering a discount (the number of sales would set a record for them) that a lot of fans would buy the clown shirt on their own and wear it to the game. I know I would.

I think rather than spend a lot of $$ on signs or shirts yourself, it should be a "get out the vote" type message - put it out there on the Internet that everyone should wear a clown shirt or bring a home-made sign "welcoming" Roger to the stadium. A lot of people will be into it. Rather than purchasing the shirts yourself, let others know where they can buy them, or try to get Barstool Sports or somebody to sponsor them and give them out. They could put their logo on the shirts and they'd be advertising, which they can write off as a business expense.

You sure he's not showing how much #Integrity the NFL shield really has?
Obviously, his gesture applies to both. Also to the amount of evidence proving Brady's suspension was justified.

I've been part of one of these threads before. The clown nose, is a non-starter, and shouldn't even been talked about any more. OTOH the Barstool Clown shirt is the way to go here. The image has already been a natioinal story as an example of an insulting image that the NFL front office hated. There is no better reason than that to make THAT the symbol of our ever growning hatred of the man who will steal ANOTHER draft pick from us this April.

Barstool is a multimillion dollar media outlet. The NFL opening game gets some of the biggest TV numbers of the year. Spending $100,000 to fund those shirts would be the most effective and cheapest advertizing dollars they will spend all year. A really serious effort needs to be made to reach out to them. They aren't idiots. If they thought there was a reasonable plan to get the shirts distributed, they be on this in a nanosecond.

As to the logistics. In the interest of cost and ease of distribution, all shirts should be large. In this case size shouldn't matter. If they are too big for fashion, they wouldn't be too big for show, and that is what this would be all about....SHOW. Even fat guys can squeeze into a large for few hours. As to who would distribute them? Ian, you could get 50 people people right here from this site, and those fifty people could easily get 50 more or however more you need

All that would be needed then would be a couple of centralized distributions sites located at rest areas on the MA Pike or 495 where people could drive to pick up a few thousand shirts each and drive down to the Stadium parking lots and in front of the 2 main stadium entry points to hand them out to the willing wearers.

The team itself will have complete deniabilty and a stadium full of clown shirts will complete the utter NATIONAL humiliation of someone who justly deserves it. There would be no way the media could ignore it or quickly gloss over it. The best thing about this kind of message is it would last THREE FREAKIN' HOURS.

We are one of the greatest and most wide spread fan bases in sports. We have 5 full months to make this happen. NOT to do it would be a massive failure on our part and something we should be ashamed, and would regret if we didn't make this happen

Last edited:

I was trying to think of an alternative to the t-shirts. How about hats? No need to worry about sizes, easy for everyone to participate. I'm not sure if we could get the Goodell clown image on it so that it would be big enough to be recognized though. If we had them made in the bright blue like the t-shirt, it would be noticeable on tv. What do you think?

Imagine if everyone had a poster of clown nose Roger, and then the fans kept doing the wave, but when they stand to throw their hands in the air, they flip up their poster as it goes around the stadium.

A moving, roaring wall of Clown Prince Roger circling the stadium.

As far as a solution, I was thinking of a hand-held sign (probably 12" wide or so) with a photo of the Goodell Clown Logo on that T-Shirt that people can hold up. Eliminates worrying about shirt sizes for everyone, people not wanting to wear the nose, etc. So that's what I was thinking and hopefully it's still relatively inexpensive enough for us to do it, plus I think every single person would have zero issue holding those up and waving them in unison. Do you guys agree?
Two yrs ago at the opening game, they had us all hold up placards with a cut out for our eyes, so we could see the other side of the stadiums cards that were spelling out the Superbowl Championships, how hot **** would that be while at the samevtime holding up the clown sign over our heads so we could all see that too!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft