PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell plans to be @ Gillette season opener

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem with the clown nose thing, etc. is that no one outside of New England will get it, and it might not play out the way that we want it to. The other issue is going to be able to logistics because this is going to be harder to pull off and people might think. So I've been talking to a couple of people and hopefully we can pull off something that will be effective and will make a huge statement. I want to make sure whatever we do will definitely work, especially considering what we're going to need to put into it if we do it.

For $100, several fans could each make a purchase and pass those things out in the parking lots, in Patriot Place, near the gate, etc. You'd get the whole stadium outfitted no problem.

EDIT - If I can get tickets and take the leave, I'll do it. **** that guy.
I think the only issue with the nose is that there would probably be a large number of people who might not wear it. The sense I get from a lot of people I've talked to is that they're mad but not mad enough and we'll need to come up with something they'll all want to take part in. $$-wise, it makes the most sense. But if we're going to organize getting whatever we ultimately decide on, putting dozens of people in place to distribute them for several hours leading up to the game on a weeknight and killing their tailgate experience, I want to make absolutely sure we've got 70,000 people completely on board.

Yes, I am still working on it. Now that I know he's going to be there, I'll see what we can get done to make something happen ;)
I know this is easy for me to say thousands of miles away, but whether the Clown is there or not on the night, the Clownout Operation should go ahead in any case, imo.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I don't think it matters what you do. After all, you're all planning to go see the game live and pump some serious dollars into the NFL's pocket to do so.

As far as a solution, I was thinking of a hand-held sign (probably 12" wide or so) with a photo of the Goodell Clown Logo on that T-Shirt that people can hold up. Eliminates worrying about shirt sizes for everyone, people not wanting to wear the nose, etc. So that's what I was thinking and hopefully it's still relatively inexpensive enough for us to do it, plus I think every single person would have zero issue holding those up and waving them in unison. Do you guys agree?

Last edited:
Goodell could fall to his death from the highest point of the stadium and nothing would change in the NYFL. That's the happy/sad truth.
I got so excited by the first 13 words of your post.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I don't think it matters what you do. After all, you're all planning to go see the game live and pump some serious dollars into the NFL's pocket to do so.

Exactly, Instead of being obnoxious the best thing to do might be for everyone to just ignore him. If he's there he more than likely will be with Kraft.

Exactly, Instead of being obnoxious the best thing to do might be for everyone to just ignore him. If he's there he more than likely will be with Kraft.

It is possible to get a message across without being obnoxious. To do or say nothing is being disrespectful to TB12 for the unwarranted attack on his reputation, character and credibility. Damage was done, time to respond.
GO PATRIOTS

Yeah, but i am pretty sure he knows the Patriots fans don't like what he did. And the assthatheis he doesn't care.

The only problem with the clown nose thing, etc. is that no one outside of New England will get it, and it might not play out the way that we want it to.

I agree. I can just imagine pictures of hundreds of Patriots fans wearing clown noses being posted on jests, Dolphins and Broncos message boards with comments like "Here's the proof that Patriots fans are clowns"

IMO we need to show that roger is the clown

I agree. I can just imagine pictures of hundreds of Patriots fans wearing clown noses being posted on jests, Dolphins and Broncos message boards with comments like "Here's the proof that Patriots fans are clowns"

IMO we need to show that roger is the clown
That's why I figured the hand-held signs would work. I'd get them printed and then assemble attaching sticks I'd order separately for them myself, which I think cost-wise would make it doable. Curious to hear if others would be on board if we did it that way...?

Time to order my clown shirt. I really wish he'd just stay away.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
That's why I figured the hand-held signs would work. I'd get them printed and then assemble attaching sticks I'd order separately for them myself, which I think cost-wise would make it doable. Curious to hear if others would be on board if we did it that way...?
Brilliant. There will still be tons of shirts around and this will mean the image will be way more abundant. Gotta be the same barstool image though. Hopefully they onboard.

Brilliant. There will still be tons of shirts around and this will mean the image will be way more abundant. Gotta be the same barstool image though. Hopefully they onboard.
I figured it's easier to get 70,000 people on board with that and it would be quicker and easier to hand out, and not break the bank cost-wise. I'll be looking into it further. 12"Wx 18"H cardstock seems to be a common size and would be big enough, so I think that might work.

As far as a solution, I was thinking of a hand-held sign (probably 12" wide or so) with a photo of the Goodell Clown Logo on that T-Shirt that people can hold up. Eliminates worrying about shirt sizes for everyone, people not wanting to wear the nose, etc. So that's what I was thinking and hopefully it's still relatively inexpensive enough for us to do it, plus I think every single person would have zero issue holding those up and waving them in unison. Do you guys agree?
I like the clown shirt better but this could work too so either way whatever you need 50$, hours of volunteer time I am in. I want GoToHell embarrassed badly

Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back