PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodbye Isaiah Wynn...Glad to see you go

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is Wynn IS a capable LT, who when fit can do a decent job. HOWEVER I believe he doesn't love the game enough to do the work to reach his athletic potential. My guess is he will sign with someone and give a good year of play and then tail off after the chip on his shoulder falls off.

His issue is that he doesn’t like football but loves money.

At best when not injured he was a decent player who did nothing great. Even in the best of times he was heading to the training staff continually looking for a reason to not play while getting paid.

This year he showed what he is, a me only POS with no interest in he team, unwilling to play anywhere but LT and not talented enough to even fake it.

My prediction is someone will be stupid enough to sign him, he’ll take the signing bonus and retire or get cut this summer.

According to the stories, the Patriots are all about drafting guys to whom football is important--"football guys." If that's true, this pick was an utter failure on multiple fronts. I know Dante is revered around here, but doesn't some of this have to stick to him?

Addition by subtraction. His social media posts today help to explain a major reason why he was a huge disappointment.
He mentioned that he is "free" and how other teams seeking to even talk to him better come hat in hand with generational wealth offers.

What nerve this guy has. He stole every dollar he got from the Patriots as far as I am concerned. Crappy play, penalties, injuries and piss poor attitude.
Pats picking up his 5th year for 10 million was a bad move.

The OL will be better next year because he is gone!
$5m? How does he know thats his market? Could be more?

giphy.gif

Yea I can't see someone paying him $15m next year......Too much of an enigma.

I could see 60/4 with $15 million guaranteed.

It's an in-demand position, and some team will view our offense as an excuse.

We gave him $10M before last year.

This guy absolutely sucked.

Bill can't be whiffing on first round picks anymore.

I take his tweet to mean he doesn't want to play and it would take a huge payday to bring him back. That kind of attitude would square with what we've seen from him in recent years.

SEE YA!

On a related note, this makes the 2nd year in a row we cheer dumping a recent 1st rounder. And Sony was dumped rather unceremoniously the year prior. Not the kinda streak we wanna keep going.
The thing is we have all bases covered: recently drafted FAs we don't want to bother resigning and recently drafted FAs we don't want to pay market rate for.

We are blessed to have so many things the fellowship of the miserable can complain about.

According to the stories, the Patriots are all about drafting guys to whom football is important--"football guys." If that's true, this pick was an utter failure on multiple fronts. I know Dante is revered around here, but doesn't some of this have to stick to him?
Its certainly a headscratcher what happened to this fella. He seemed like he has the talent. I wonder how injured he really was through first couple seasons, or if he doesnt care very much.

It is possible that football WAS important to someone and they lost interest in football after making millions. In other words, his dream was to play in the NFL not because he loved football, but loves money. Football could have NEVER been important but he said all the right things in interviews...

Its certainly a headscratcher what happened to this fella. He seemed like he has the talent. I wonder how injured he really was through first couple seasons, or if he doesnt care very much.

It is possible that football WAS important to someone and they lost interest in football after making millions. In other words, his dream was to play in the NFL not because he loved football, but loves money. Football could have NEVER been important but he said all the right things in interviews...

Yeah, I wonder about that, too. Perhaps his injury in his rookie year really set him back mentally. In college and in the run up to the draft, he looked like an elite player. He had flashes here earlier on of playing very well. But he just seemed to lose interest, and his play plummeted. Disappointing. He could have been a mainstay on this line if he cared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST