PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodbye Isaiah Wynn...Glad to see you go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to play a little bit the devil advocate here.

We can’t use the excuse of the coaches to dismiss the bad year Mac had because we want Mac to be good and completely ignoring it with Wynn.

Switching sides for a tackle is not a simple thing if you never done it. Lazar pointed out all year long that that Wynn had trouble adjusting to the right side and that his footwork was all messed up because of it. Wynn had never played on the right side in his career and with this coaching staff you basically asked Wynn to be an autodidact.

And if you add to that the mental thing about Wynn probably thinking that Bill was trying to screw him over one year before free agency. you have the same problem happening on the other side where Brown probably think Bill sign him to RT money but instead to play him at LT.

I am not trying to excuse Wynn because I don’t think he is a great player but I think he was a serviceable LT when he was not injured. Wynn and the line would have been better with Wynn at LT last year.
I think it's impossible to compare a QB to a T because the QB is far more dependent upon the rest of the offensive players than the T.

Wynn was a complete failure relative to cost.

And as you mentioned with Brown and Wynn, maybe Bill's cost-cutting moves do have a ripple effect.

Addition by subtraction. His social media posts today help to explain a major reason why he was a huge disappointment.
He mentioned that he is "free" and how other teams seeking to even talk to him better come hat in hand with generational wealth offers.

What nerve this guy has. He stole every dollar he got from the Patriots as far as I am concerned. Crappy play, penalties, injuries and piss poor attitude.
Pats picking up his 5th year for 10 million was a bad move.

The OL will be better next year because he is gone!
Oh this is the best fcking news I’ve heard in awhile…..thank the lord we got rid of this fat, slow, low initiative, always injured, poor attitude,… bag of crap!

Maybe teams came at him with an offer less than $5 mil.
Maybe 3 million with game bonus and performance bonus taking it to 7 million . That would set him up straight. What a loudmouth and waste of a draft pick ...

With no offers at tackle, maybe he will agree to play guard. Probably LG which we do not need. Backup guard?

Last edited:
With no takers, are the league owners sending a message to players who show attitude issues and put zero effort on the ground .

Wynn would need to take a vet minimum contract now I guess..or probably retire if he is too lazy to compete.

With no takers, are the league owners sending a message to players who show attitude issues and put zero effort on the ground .

Wynn would need to take a vet minimum contract now I guess..or probably retire if he is too lazy to compete.
Yeah I agree...his attitude and contract demands of $15m+ (which I believe is accurate) are an issue. I'd be fine bringing him back at $2-4M as a backup G. IMO he doesn't like the stress of being an NFL starter. He should look for backup money.

Yeah I agree...his attitude and contract demands of $15m+ (which I believe is accurate) are an issue. I'd be fine bringing him back at $2-4M as a backup G. IMO he doesn't like the stress of being an NFL starter. He should look for backup money.
I think that bridge is burned beyond repair. My guess is he blames the Pats for his current predicament. Wouldn't be surprised to learn he left a turd in Patricia's office after the last game of the season. He left enough of those on the field.

Just wistfully read through this thread

Damn so close!!

Just wistfully read through this thread

Damn so close!!
Are you being sarcastic??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference