PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isaiah Wynn.....and a rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure

for now, the issue is the roster and whether Thomas is on the 53. Myers will be, no matter where he is on the depth chart. It seems that we have two rookie to develop for 2020. They will need coaching, something that has been lacking for young WR's.

We'll see who is our #3 and #4 WR's for the playoff run. Myers could be one.

I need to see Meyers produce in real games before I’m sold. We’ve seen this too much times (or Tyms?) before in the preseason.

Not surprised he is doing so well. Graded out just about as well as Quenton Nelson. Think a lot of fans forget how athletic and polished this guy was coming out of college.

Understandably many were concerned about the achilles, but to throw shade at the pick because of a short memory is so gameday thread like.

I need to see Meyers produce in real games before I’m sold. We’ve seen this too much times (or Tyms?) before in the preseason.

Eh he's more Thompkins than Tyms. He could definitely wash out with a low ceiling after 1 or 2 years but for now he's definitely an NFL player. He practices with Tom which wasn't a thing for those 4th quarter of game 4 heroes.

A heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders learning this morning Isaiah Wynn will be a first ballot Hall of Famer. Phew...Thank Goodness. :D
Maybe not, but he'll be damn good, I believe.

A heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders learning this morning Isaiah Wynn will be a first ballot Hall of Famer. Phew...Thank Goodness. :D

Fair point. :D

I'm excited based on his college tape, though. He was my top OL that year. Exceptional technique, light feet, and good power. I loved his potential and I was ecstatic when we drafted him. I think there's a real chance he could be our best LT of the Brady era. That's how highly I graded him coming out of Georgia. We'll see, but I am happy with his progress so far.

Maybe not, but he'll be damn good, I believe.

I worry about his lack of size and shorter legs. When the rush was coming form underneath (his left side) he seemed to make up the distance with quick steps. But due to size he's forced to take more steps than Solder or Brown (or really any NFL LT) to cover the same ground before setting. His quickness was encouraging, but I think we'll have a better feel for whether he'll be a solid LT after 4-5 games or so.

I worry about his lack of size and shorter legs. When the rush was coming form underneath (his left side) he seemed to make up the distance with quick steps. But due to size he's forced to take more steps than Solder or Brown (or really any NFL LT) to cover the same ground before setting. His quickness was encouraging, but I think we'll have a better feel for whether he'll be a solid LT after 4-5 games or so.
I trust people whose judgement is much more astute than mine. When I see a guy like Matt Chatham rave about him, along with others like Jeff Howe and Ninkovich, I figure he's probably going to be ok. Just to reinforce: the commentary on Wynn from these guys is meaningful to me. And they weren't lukewarm on Wynn. Gushing about him. Not to be a dink (which is clearly within my capability range), but candidly I trust their assessments more than yours or mine. If Scar and Bill are not worried about his short legs and lack of size, you should probably relieve yourself of that burden.

This just isn't true at all lol.

@zoostation you can disagree all you like. What you said is absolutely foolish & makes 0 sense bro. And thats being polite. I'll await an explanation but considering I've never seen you breakdown OL technique I wont hold my breath.

Still nothing?

Last edited:
Truthfully, with things like the tv media take on the WRs, a lot of it is because they JUST DON'T FOLLOW THE TEAM THAT CLOSELY. They just share around each other's hot takes and thinks that substitutes for actually watching the players closely, reviewing the games after the fact, etc, I know Felger, for one, has been that way for years. And his trained monkey Maz has never shown ANY knowledge of football. Which is why Bedard going on their show and making them look like clowns can be so amusing,

Tyms wasn't a standout in camp. He had one good preseason game.

...Second, that the Pats are setting up Brady for failure by NOT providing him with any targets at WR and TE...
The TE situation is a feckin Disgrace, the Absolute Worst in the Entire Feckin League.

And it all could've been so easily preventable...

The TE situation is a feckin Disgrace, the Absolute Worst in the Entire Feckin League.

I think BB will address the TE situation once teams start cutting down their rosters or will trade for one. He does some of his best personnel work at this time of the year.

I'm okay with it if Slow Don Juan, Wino and Harris are hits.

for now, the issue is the roster and whether Thomas is on the 53. Myers will be, no matter where he is on the depth chart. It seems that we have two rookie to develop for 2020. They will need coaching, something that has been lacking for young WR's.

We'll see who is our #3 and #4 WR's for the playoff run. Myers could be one.
Why do you think the young WR's coaching is lacking. It seemed to me Troy Brown was working very closely with them so far. Who else would you expect to be better?

Fair point. :D

I'm excited based on his college tape, though. He was my top OL that year. Exceptional technique, light feet, and good power. I loved his potential and I was ecstatic when we drafted him. I think there's a real chance he could be our best LT of the Brady era. That's how highly I graded him coming out of Georgia. We'll see, but I am happy with his progress so far.

And, getting your shoulder pads lower than your opponent is key - low man often wins. His listed height may very well help him in that category.

And, getting your shoulder pads lower than your opponent is key - low man often wins. His listed height may very well help him in that category.

Vrabel said during the game the other night that he had more trouble with the shorter guys than the tall ones.

I’ll always wonder if Fant would’ve been the pick had Denver not taking him right before us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back