PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodbye Elandon Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hightower and Bentley and pray for rain?

We've lost 3 LB's and Calhoun is un-signed.

Bentley and Winowich are likely ready. We play so much nickel anyway it's probably Hightower and Chase on most downs with Bentley in short yardage

Flores and Patricia are simpletons. Hey, let’s just copy Bill’s scouting and sign the same guys but pay them 3 times more! Both of these clowns will be interviewing for defensive coordinator jobs again soon. What a total lack of vision or creativity.

Bentley and Winowich are likely ready. We play so much nickel anyway it's probably Hightower and Chase on most downs with Bentley in short yardage

I'm fine with Winovich as an EDGE rusher, primarily at DE. He'll certainly get more reps this year.

Hightower and Bentley are our only linebackers that play inside.

The reality is that we've lost Van Noy, Collins, Roberts and still don't have Calhoun.

That leaves only Hightower, Bentley returning. 2 of 6 returning leaves holes. Full stop.

I'm fine with Winovich as an EDGE rusher, primarily at DE. He'll certainly get more reps this year.

Hightower and Bentley are our only linebackers that play inside.

The reality is that we've lost Van Noy, Collins, Roberts and still don't have Calhoun.

That leaves only Hightower, Bentley returning. 2 of 6 returning leaves holes. Full stop.

No doubt holes. What's the name of that huge SS we drafted. Maybe he plays linebacker in some of our nickel packages.

Don't forget the critical tackle of Devonta Freeman from behind in Houston for SB LI....no tackle there, no comeback.

Thanks, Elandon!!! Nevermind @ashley1992
It was, ahem, Elandon's fault that Freeman was so wide open in the first place, so...

Last edited:
No doubt holes. What's the name of that huge SS we drafted. Maybe he plays linebacker in some of our nickel packages.

who are you taking about?

all the Pats D going to miami and detroit?

Sure, Obi will be back. He hasn't shown anything yet, but he'll be given a chance. Obi is more of a free safety, and therefore may make the team as Harmon's replacement. Of course, we already have Brooks as a backup free safety.

I would think it would be Chung who take the role of LB more than the others.

...Obi is more of a free safety, and therefore may make the team as Harmon's replacement. Of course, we already have Brooks as a backup free safety.

I would think it would be Chung who take the role of LB more than the others.

Terry Brooks absolutely Sucks.

I'm gonna miss him a lot, mainly because every time he ever did anything there would be someone tagging @ashley1992 just because. He was your Chris Harper, Ash, except in a way that doesn't make you look dumb (unlike me).
Ross, you have my word that I’ll never tease you about Harper again. We all have our binkies that don’t work out. I was a fan of Sterling Moore and Brandon McGowan, if that tells you anything about my talent evaluation.

I think he’s talking about Jojuan Williams aka “the big SS that we drafted.”

Yes sorry Jojuan. Couldn't he play some LB next to Hightower in our nickel packages where a LB is essentially covering a tight end. The Pats play a ton of Nickel.

There was only one person who could start this thread.

Regards,
Chris

Yes sorry Jojuan. Couldn't he play some LB next to Hightower in our nickel packages where a LB is essentially covering a tight end. The Pats play a ton of Nickel.

I would think so, yes. He should be able to handle some of the same coverage responsibilities that Chung has. At least we can hope!

Ross, you have my word that I’ll never tease you about Harper again. We all have our binkies that don’t work out. I was a fan of Sterling Moore and Brandon McGowan, if that tells you anything about my talent evaluation.
All good Sup, you can tease as you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back