PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Go on the record: What is your assessment of the Gordon acquisition (poll)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What is your initial assessment of the Josh Gordon trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
4th and inches. Needed to go for it. There was another 4th and short as well. Piss poor play calling when 7 points were needed. Not going for the onside kick. Benching Butler. The list goes on.
Perhaps you are right and you should give up in this loser franchise and go find one that knows what it’s doing. I’m sure there are many better ones out there to choose from. Wait. Never mind.
Maybe go cry somewhere else though.

Great trade

Maybe it's not quite a "trade" yet.

I took option #2. A risk that could be worth the reward.

IMO, this is clearly a "November--December--Post Season" play. He'll be limited and watched closely on the field and in the locker room for the first month.

BB, Josh, Hightower, TB (and others) will assess his potential to add value down the stretch during that month and he will be "Gone, Bye-Bye, Don't Let the Door Hit Your Butt as You Leave," if they decide it isn't working out.

Last edited:
Wow what a surley bunch here today. That performance on Sunday was abysmal both from the coaches and players. You can't say it wasn't. They are worthy of criticism. I guarantee I have spent more of my hard earned cash on this team in tickets, merchandise and traveling than most of you here. Don't you dare call me out if I want to take a game off. BB took the fing super bowl off why can't I skip a game here and there.

Wow what a surley bunch here today. That performance on Sunday was abysmal both from the coaches and players. You can't say it wasn't. They are worthy of criticism. I guarantee I have spent more of my hard earned cash on this team in tickets, merchandise and traveling than most of you here. Don't you dare call me out if I want to take a game off. BB took the fing super bowl off why can't I skip a game here and there.

You can stake claim to your "true fandom" all you want, and by all means, continue to be outraged by people who dare to question it. But when you make claims like, "Belichick took the Super Bowl off" it doesn't make you sound like a passionate long time fan. It makes you sound like an entitled child.

And you give two ****s about what people here think of you because...?

Regards,
Chris

P.S. Defensiveness is typically a bad look.

I figure that this has about a 20% chance of being productive over the long term. It's worth the risk.

I think you should skip them all.

This is how the Gordon Trade would work in a perfect world.

He sits this weekend

Next weekend he get 3 catches for 80 yards and a TD

By seasons end, he has 59 cafcches for 1000yards and 9 TD’d

In the playoffs, he puts up 19 catches for 250 yards and 2 TD’s. One against Jalen Ramsey in the AFCCG just for good measure.

The super bowl 10 catches for 140 yards and one TD

We win the super bowl

In the off-season we place a first round tender on him.

The jets take the tender giving us a first round pick, and then signing Gordon to a contract worth 80 million, and 50 guaranteed over 5
years

Gordon arrives at the Super Bowl ring party, sees Duron and decided to go out back and spark one up.

2 days later, Gordon test dirty and is suspended for a very long time

Honestly I do hope the best for Gordon on and off the field

LOL... oh brother... mine is NOT nuanced... I say:

tenor.gif

"...eh, what the hell." :)
Brady to the Commissioner...has a nice 'ring' to it

Hey he's gotta be better than Riley McCarron right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back