PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GM LOUNGE

CB POOL

On paper this looks pretty much set presuming Pats will tender JC, but things can change re Gilmore and in that case Pats could be more serious players in this market FA as well as Draft.

NE ROSTER

CB (9-11) - 24Gilmore (31,2021,$16.3), 27JC.Jackson (25,RFA), 31J.Jones* (28,2022,$7.1), 33Williams* (23,2022,$1.8),
45M.Jackson (24,2021,$0.8), 38Virgin (27,2021,$0.9), 39Ross (24,futures)

NE FREE AGENTS

30J.McCourty (34, 5.5$)

FREE AGENTS top market:20M-apy 2021 proj. FT=14.4M

—> W.Jackson III, 28, CIN (man) [6M/PFF:13/CIN:15]
S.Griffin, 26, SEA [11.5M [PFF:9.5]
->P.Peterson, 31, ARI (?Gilmore rep) [10.5M/PFF:12]
Sherman, 33, SF (32%) [PFF:14]
-->Verrett, 30, SF (inj.h) [PFF:2/10]
>X.Rhodes, 31, IND (+man-zone) [7M[PFF:8]
>Darby, 27, WAS (man) [PFF:10]
Dunbar, 29, SEA (35%) (man) (off.field/reclamation.p) [PFF:6]
T.Hill, 30, LAR ((slot&out;up&down;Ramsey effect?) [2y/10]
M.Butler, 31, TEN (10) — cut
AJ Bouye, 31, DEN (2 bad.y) (13) [PFF:1/5]cutLV
Awuzie, 26, DAL (up&down) [PFF:9]
Desmond King, 27, TEN (slot/zone+R+ST) [7M/PFF:6]
->Poole, 28, NYJ (slot,42%) [PFF:6]
>M.Hilton, 27, PIT (slot 45%) +ST [PFF:4]
>K.Williams, 30, SF (slot, 27%)
->Sydney Jones, 25, JAX (27%, inj-h)
>T.Mitchell, 29, CLE (+man/rot/b-up) [PFF:2/8]
Dennard, 30, ATL (man+slot,40%) [PFF:2/8]
Norman, 33, BUF (32%)

J.McCourty, 34, NE [PFF:1/2.5]
>Breeland, 29, KC [PFF:2/10]
>Sutton, 26, PIT (50%, in&out) [PFF:1/3]
->K.King, 26, GB (>S?) [PFF:1/3]
M.Alexander, 28, CIN (slot) [PFF:2/6]
>Witherspoon, 26, SF (32%) [PFF:1.5]
Robey-Coleman, 29, PHI (slot;up&down) [PFF:1/2]
>M.Davis, 26, LAC (backup.w.start.exp) [PFF:2/7]
TJ Carrie, 31, IND (zone)
K.Williams, 29, SF (slot/28%) (inj.h.) [PFF:2/8]
>DJ Hayden, 31, JAX (+man;20%) [PFF:1/3]
>Jourdan Lewis, 26, DAL (up&down/recl) [PFF:1/2]

>Trufant, 30, DET (6.1) (bad season under Patricia) — cut
K.Johnson, 29, CLE
EJ Gaines, 29, BUF (zone) (inj.h./opt out) —
Kirkpatrick, 32, ARI
Rasul Douglas, 26, CAR [PFF:1/2]
Dontae Johnson, 30, SF (26%)
Fabian Moreau, 27, WAS
****rell, 30, TB (20%)
Conley, HOU [PFF:2]
Elder, 26, CAR (38%)
LeBlanc, 27, PHI
D.Roberts, 31, DET
Skrine, 31, CHI — cut
DJ Killings, 26, LVcut

Breon Borders, 26, TEN (?ST) (hip.DEC) — ERFA TEN re-signed
Jimmy Smith, 33, BALBAL 1y/2.5M

POSSIBLE CUTS / TRADES

[Peters, 28, BAL (11.5,10) (top contract have Humphrey)
[Roby, 29, HOU (10,10) (man) - poss trade
[Lattimore, 25, NO (10) (man) - poss trade

[Nelson, 28, PIT (8.2) — possible cut or trade —
[Callahan, 30, DEN (6.8) (zone/slot) — possible cut
[K.Fuller, 29, CHI (11) (zone) — possible cut
[J.Jenkins, 33, NO (11,5.8/7) — likely cut
[Chris Harris, 32, LAC (slot&out) (7.5) — possible cut
[Hayward, 32, LAC (9.8) — possible cut
[Haden, 32, PIT (7) — possible cut
[J.Coleman, 28, DET (5) — possible cut

[Adoree Jackson, 26, TEN — possible cut

DRAFT

CB *Caleb Farley #3 VT (6’2-207) - 1DEN - 1
CB *Patrick Surtain #2 Alabama (6’2-203) - 1DAL - 1
CB *Jaycee Horn #1 S Carolina (6’1-200>210) - 1
CB Asante Samuel jr #26 FSU (5’10-180) - 1/2 -
DB Elijah Molden #3 Washington (5’10-190) - 2 /+ST
CB *Greg Newsome #2 NW (6’1-190) - 2
CB Ifeatu Melifonwu #2 Syracuse (6’2-212-80”) - D2
CB *Tyson Campbell #3 Georgia (6’2-185) - D2
CB Aaron Robinson #21 UCF (5’11-190) - D2/3
CB *Eric Stokes jr. #27 Georgia (6’1-185-4.38) - D2

CB Kelvin Joseph #1 Kentucky (6'1-192) - D2/3
CB Tay Gowan #23 UCF (6’2-185) - D2/3
DB Trill Williams #6 Syracuse (6’1-196) - D2/3

CB Keith Taylor #8 Washington (6’2-191) - D3
CB Benjamin St-Juste #25 Minnesota (6’3-200) - D3 +ST-gunner
CB Tre Brown #6 Oklahoma (5’9-188) - D3 +KR+gunner; slot, +press/man ok out sticky +inst +attitude ?small.arms +SrB
CB Thomas Graham #4 Oregon (5’10-193) - D3
CB Deommodeore Lenoir #15/0 Oregon (5’11-203) - D3

UDFA
DB Avery Williams #26 Boise St (5’9-188) - /++ST; PR+KR

as always asking @BaconGrundleCandy to add some PTP names :)

I hope Gilmore stays for a few more years but in case Pats move on there are some solid options in FA.
Also keep in mind that both Gilmore and JC (presumably tendered) are/will be signed only for 2021 season.

This might be the most volatile position in NFL: You can find a great season and a down season over last 4y in almost every CB listed in top 20 FA.

At the top the two solid options are Peterson esp. if his market goes down a bit due to age, recent performance & W.Jackson if BB believes he can be close to his coveted shutdown guy in NE. The hype, weak market at the top & some inconsistency suggest its better to keep away though.

There are some very intriguing options for potential trades: Marcus Peters has great remaining contract to take, BAL have a ton of key defensive FAs they might want to keep and they have Humphrey locked up so maybe they could consider similar compensation pats would get for Gilmore. Roby is another nice contract to take for good man corner that was in bad situation in HOU and Caserio needing picks and cap could listen. NO could shop Lattimore cheap after a down year..

Two FA options that i would consider in any scenario are Verrett and Sydney Jones, two high-upside options w bad inj luck that bounced back nicely and could be available at decent price. Pats are in perfect position to take on flyers like this.

The classic BB move here would be one year flyer on Sherman - the problem with this is it doesn't help the future at the position.
Then again BB might not be too troubled w future since he almost always managed to get top CB whenever he needed/wanted to.

Plenty of options if needed - and some vets with solid portfolios will be out there in the second or even third wave FA for great value.

Last edited:
Gilmore has been dominant for a few years now. I would love to see him extended a few years so that we have stability in an area of the roster that is a strength. I think that they could extend him and keep his 2021 cap number around the same amount. At what AAV though?

If they trade Gilmore for a draft pick, I can be happy about the pick, but feel like it is a huge risk. Can the remaining CBs step up? Can JC Jackson be a #1 CB? Assuming Jonathan Jones remains in the slot, who is the #2 CB? Joejuan Williams? Re-sign Jason McCourty?

It all comes down to value. If the team values him at a level and he wants more than that, then a trade might be the only route to take, just means we will need to think about bringing in other CBs either through FA or the draft and hope we hit. Signing Gilmore feels like a sure thing if they can make the numbers work.

I liked Darby when he played for Buffalo. He was an aggressive player and decent tackler.

If available via trade, Lattimore is a stud entering his prime years. Of course, you have to pay twice, first with draft picks and then with a top of market extension. I would clearly pay more for Lattimore than Gilmore given their relative age.

Making things work with Gilmore if that is possible would be my preferred route.

Gilmore has been dominant for a few years now. I would love to see him extended a few years so that we have stability in an area of the roster that is a strength. I think that they could extend him and keep his 2021 cap number around the same amount. At what AAV though?

If they trade Gilmore for a draft pick, I can be happy about the pick, but feel like it is a huge risk. Can the remaining CBs step up? Can JC Jackson be a #1 CB? Assuming Jonathan Jones remains in the slot, who is the #2 CB? Joejuan Williams? Re-sign Jason McCourty?

It all comes down to value. If the team values him at a level and he wants more than that, then a trade might be the only route to take, just means we will need to think about bringing in other CBs either through FA or the draft and hope we hit. Signing Gilmore feels like a sure thing if they can make the numbers work.
Extending Gilmore is definitely not the worst idea in the world, but I highly doubt he would be close to the same player at the end of a 3+ year deal, while still getting paid like one.

He's been dominant, but it always has to end eventually, and he's right at that age where it tends to happen.

Two FA options that i would consider in any scenario are Verrett and Sydney Jones, two high-upside options w bad inj luck that bounced back nicely and could be available at decent price. Pats are in perfect position to take on flyers like this.
Are you confusing Verrett for someone else? Verrett is 30.

Are you confusing Verrett for someone else? Verrett is 30.

No, 30y old Verrett you are referring to is the Verrett i had in mind.. unless you are thinking of another Verrett that is 30 :)

(he is only 29 now as you like to say but will be 30 when new season starts)

CB POOL

On paper this looks pretty much set presuming Pats will tender JC, but things can change re Gilmore and in that case Pats could be more serious players in this market FA as well as Draft.

NE ROSTER

CB (9-11) - 24Gilmore (31,2021,$16.3), 27JC.Jackson (25,RFA), 31J.Jones* (28,2022,$7.1), 33Williams* (23,2022,$1.8),
45M.Jackson (24,2021,$0.8), 38Virgin (27,2021,$0.9), 39Ross (24,futures)

NE FREE AGENTS

30J.McCourty (34, 5.5$)

FREE AGENTS top market:20M-apy 2021 proj. FT=14.4M

—> W.Jackson III, 28, CIN (man) [6M/PFF:13/CIN:15]
S.Griffin, 26, SEA [11.5M [PFF:9.5]
->P.Peterson, 31, ARI (?Gilmore rep) [10.5M/PFF:12]
Sherman, 33, SF (32%) [PFF:14]
-->Verrett, 30, SF (inj.h) [PFF:2/10]
>X.Rhodes, 31, IND (+man-zone) [7M[PFF:8]
>Darby, 27, WAS (man) [PFF:10]
Dunbar, 29, SEA (35%) (man) (off.field/reclamation.p) [PFF:6]
T.Hill, 30, LAR ((slot&out;up&down;Ramsey effect?) [2y/10]
M.Butler, 31, TEN (10) — cut
AJ Bouye, 31, DEN (2 bad.y) (13) [PFF:1/5]cutLV
Awuzie, 26, DAL (up&down) [PFF:9]
Desmond King, 27, TEN (slot/zone+R+ST) [7M/PFF:6]
->Poole, 28, NYJ (slot,42%) [PFF:6]
>M.Hilton, 27, PIT (slot 45%) +ST [PFF:4]
>K.Williams, 30, SF (slot, 27%)
->Sydney Jones, 25, JAX (27%, inj-h)
>T.Mitchell, 29, CLE (+man/rot/b-up) [PFF:2/8]
Dennard, 30, ATL (man+slot,40%) [PFF:2/8]
Norman, 33, BUF (32%)

J.McCourty, 34, NE [PFF:1/2.5]
>Breeland, 29, KC [PFF:2/10]
>Sutton, 26, PIT (50%, in&out) [PFF:1/3]
->K.King, 26, GB (>S?) [PFF:1/3]
M.Alexander, 28, CIN (slot) [PFF:2/6]
>Witherspoon, 26, SF (32%) [PFF:1.5]
Robey-Coleman, 29, PHI (slot;up&down) [PFF:1/2]
>M.Davis, 26, LAC (backup.w.start.exp) [PFF:2/7]
TJ Carrie, 31, IND (zone)
K.Williams, 29, SF (slot/28%) (inj.h.) [PFF:2/8]
>DJ Hayden, 31, JAX (+man;20%) [PFF:1/3]
>Jourdan Lewis, 26, DAL (up&down/recl) [PFF:1/2]

>Trufant, 30, DET (6.1) (bad season under Patricia) — cut
K.Johnson, 29, CLE
EJ Gaines, 29, BUF (zone) (inj.h./opt out) —
Kirkpatrick, 32, ARI
Rasul Douglas, 26, CAR [PFF:1/2]
Dontae Johnson, 30, SF (26%)
Fabian Moreau, 27, WAS
****rell, 30, TB (20%)
Conley, HOU [PFF:2]
Elder, 26, CAR (38%)
LeBlanc, 27, PHI
D.Roberts, 31, DET
Skrine, 31, CHI — cut
DJ Killings, 26, LVcut

Breon Borders, 26, TEN (?ST) (hip.DEC) — ERFA TEN re-signed
Jimmy Smith, 33, BALBAL 1y/2.5M

POSSIBLE CUTS / TRADES

[Peters, 28, BAL (11.5,10) (top contract have Humphrey)
[Roby, 29, HOU (10,10) (man) - poss trade
[Lattimore, 25, NO (10) (man) - poss trade

[Nelson, 28, PIT (8.2) — possible cut or trade —
[Callahan, 30, DEN (6.8) (zone/slot) — possible cut
[K.Fuller, 29, CHI (11) (zone) — possible cut
[J.Jenkins, 33, NO (11,5.8/7) — likely cut
[Chris Harris, 32, LAC (slot&out) (7.5) — possible cut
[Hayward, 32, LAC (9.8) — possible cut
[Haden, 32, PIT (7) — possible cut
[J.Coleman, 28, DET (5) — possible cut

[Adoree Jackson, 26, TEN — possible cut

DRAFT

CB *Caleb Farley #3 VT (6’2-207) - 1DEN - 1
CB *Patrick Surtain #2 Alabama (6’2-203) - 1DAL - 1
CB *Jaycee Horn #1 S Carolina (6’1-200>210) - 1
CB Asante Samuel jr #26 FSU (5’10-180) - 1/2 -
DB Elijah Molden #3 Washington (5’10-190) - 2 /+ST
CB *Greg Newsome #2 NW (6’1-190) - 2
CB Ifeatu Melifonwu #2 Syracuse (6’2-212-80”) - D2
CB *Tyson Campbell #3 Georgia (6’2-185) - D2
CB Aaron Robinson #21 UCF (5’11-190) - D2/3
CB *Eric Stokes jr. #27 Georgia (6’1-185-4.38) - D2

CB Kelvin Joseph #1 Kentucky (6'1-192) - D2/3
CB Tay Gowan #23 UCF (6’2-185) - D2/3
DB Trill Williams #6 Syracuse (6’1-196) - D2/3

CB Keith Taylor #8 Washington (6’2-191) - D3
CB Benjamin St-Juste #25 Minnesota (6’3-200) - D3 +ST-gunner
CB Tre Brown #6 Oklahoma (5’9-188) - D3 +KR+gunner; slot, +press/man ok out sticky +inst +attitude ?small.arms +SrB
CB Thomas Graham #4 Oregon (5’10-193) - D3
CB Deommodeore Lenoir #15/0 Oregon (5’11-203) - D3

UDFA
DB Avery Williams #26 Boise St (5’9-188) - /++ST; PR+KR

as always asking @BaconGrundleCandy to add some PTP names :)
Shemar Jean Charles - I'll have a draftable grade but I've heard mixed reviews when asking a few people who know more than me. Tough leader who players loved, respond to. + ball skills & knack for getting his hands on passes. Really good field vision and awareness of who's around him, where he is on the field. Smaller side but good length. He's a football player that worked his butt off getting where he's at.

Marco Wilson is another one that probably will get drafted but depending on how the draft goes. Who really loves him etc I could see him falling. His versatility might make him a lot of money if he works out. Very fluid prospect that played inside/outside. Good blitzer from the star. Seems to have good awareness but can get crosses up in certain routes the longer they take. Seems to be willing in run support. Unreliable in press, hand usage. Primarily off man/zone until those get cleaned up.

Avery Williams (Boise St), Isaiah Dunn (Oregon St) , Mark Gilbert (Duke), Robert Rochell (C Ark), Bryan Mills (NC Central), Mark Webb (Georgia), Mate Hobbs (Illinois)

No, 30y old Verrett you are referring to is the Verrett i had in mind.. unless you are thinking of another Verrett that is 30 :)

(he is only 29 now as you like to say but will be 30 when new season starts)
I was going by what OTC had him listed as.. June 18th, 1991.

What upside is there to a 30 year old CB who missed most of 3 seasons?

I was going by what OTC had him listed as.. June 18th, 1991.

What upside is there to a 30 year old CB who missed most of 3 seasons?

One of the best man corners to explode on the league before injuries derailed his career had a fully healthy year and looked great.

People always prefer what they dont have until they get that ;) The value of Gilmore is not only his own dominant play but that he (and D-Mac) makes everyone else on D look better. Removing him from lockdown CB1 doesn't only create a hole at most important D position (esp in NE) but has a domino effect on all/many other positions and players. That is why Bill is always ready to pay top $ for this position to get the best possible.

I liked Darby when he played for Buffalo. He was an aggressive player and decent tackler.

If available via trade, Lattimore is a stud entering his prime years. Of course, you have to pay twice, first with draft picks and then with a top of market extension. I would clearly pay more for Lattimore than Gilmore given their relative age.

Making things work with Gilmore if that is possible would be my preferred route.

Lattimore is far far from Gilmore. He had a pretty terrible year in 2020. Just bc he is younger doesn't mean his value automatically exceeds Gilmore..

“When the Saints picked Lattimore 11th overall in the 2017 draft, they hoped the Ohio State product would be their lockdown corner for years to come, and after Lattimore’s outrageously impressive rookie season, giving up just 583 yards on 43 catches and nabbing five interceptions while not allowing a single touchdown, the Saints thought they had him. However, reports of Lattimore’s work ethic caught up to him, and it seemed like he let the plaudits of his rookie season get the better of him, and Lattimore’s been slowly regressing ever since. Lattimore gave up eight touchdowns in 2020 along with a 103.1 passer rating and getting hit with 11 penalties, with each of those numbers being career highs.“

Extending Gilmore is definitely not the worst idea in the world, but I highly doubt he would be close to the same player at the end of a 3+ year deal, while still getting paid like one.

He's been dominant, but it always has to end eventually, and he's right at that age where it tends to happen.

It would be by far the best or at least the safest idea. It will be about value as mostly w BB. He is still in his prime, playing prime when healthy so no need to doubt his next two seasons. And (almost) every NFL contract is basically 2y contract.

For the CB position, you need to keep investing in it every year. JC Jackson is an RFA. So we have 1-year of team control left and a need to pay up on a second contract if we can agree on value. Jonathan Jones signed a deal and we have 2 years left for a slot corner. Jason McCourty is an UFA and is 34 years old.

Even if we sign Gilmore/Jackson to an extension to stabilize the position... we need talented CBs in the pipeline competing and hopefully in time ready to take over.

I think depth at slot corner is a need we could fill in free agency. If we tender JC Jackson and extend Gilmore, then we wouldn't have a need at the position in 2021, but might still draft one if that is best player available.

With all of the needs on the team, CB is not a position to be spending resources imo.
Normally I would agree; but with the iffy Gilmore situation & the JMac free agency both looming, an early/mid Day 3 pick on a young CB for the pipeline wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...Bill should also be mindful enough with that position during the free agency period next week that a Desmond King/Ronald Darby-type of signing shouldn't be out of the question is the price is reasonable...

Now if we're discussing positions on which Bill should NOT be spending draft resources, the top of that list starts at Safety...

Normally I would agree; but with the iffy Gilmore situation & the JMac free agency both looming, an early/mid Day 3 pick on a young CB for the pipeline wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...Bill should also be mindful enough with that position during the free agency period next week that a Desmond King/Ronald Darby-type of signing shouldn't be out of the question is the price is reasonable...

Now if we're discussing positions on which Bill should NOT be spending draft resources, the top of that list starts at Safety...
Additionally we will not be certain of JC Jackson's future after upcoming season.

Why haven't we tendered Jackson yet? I am assuming we are trying to work an extension?

Why haven't we tendered Jackson yet? I am assuming we are trying to work an extension?
No need. Last year, they didn't tender Adam Butler until the final day even though Reiss reported four days earlier that the second round level was expected.

OT POOL

Lots of heated debates out there on OL FA so lets look at whats out there despite the fact that Pats already made their big move trading for Mount Brown. With Brown on board (and counting *Onwenu as proven option) this position looks loaded. It was “reported“ that Cannon was opting in but in all likelihood Pats will be moving on. Cajuste is reportedly healthy and ready to go while both Herron and Cunningham saw some playing time last season.

Draft class absolutely loaded.

NE ROSTER

OT (7) - 76Wynn (25,2021,$3.6), Brown (28,2021, ), 75Herron (25,2023,$0,8), 77Cajuste (25,2022,$1), 74Cunningham (26,2021,$0,9),
61Cannon (33,2022,$9.6/7)

*Onwenu who i have listed in G group also played at RT

NE FREE AGENTS

65Eluemunor (26,T+G)

FREE AGENTS top market 23/18M-apy (LT/RT)

LT T.Williams, 33, SF [PFF:20] — SF
LT Fischer, 30 KC (achilles-JAN) — cut
RT Schwartz, 32 (back/ok2021) — cut

RT Moton, 27, CAR [PFF:16] FT 14.8
LT Reiff, 33, MIN (11.8) — cut
> LT Villanueva, 33, PIT (?penalt) [PFF:15]
LT Okung, 33, CAR (inj.h) [PFF:16] — WAS
RT Daryl Williams, 29, BUF (exPro-Bo;[email protected]) [PFF:10] — NYG
LT Peters, 39, PHI
OT Dotson, 36, DEN
> RT Beachum, 32, ARI (?run) [5]
RT R.Wagner, 32, GB (+@BAL-@DET) — cut
OL Remmers, 32, KC (swing T+G) [PFF:2/10]
OT Nsekhe, 35, BUF

LT C.Robinson, 26, JAXFT 13.2M
>OT R.Hill, 29, MIN (swing T)
->OL Eluemunor, 27, NE (T+G)
OT Lamm, 29, CLE (swing T)
OT Ogbuehi, 29, SEA (swing T)
OT Spriggs, 27, CHI (swing T)
LT Banner, 28, PIT (b-up)
OT Hawkins, 28, PIT (swing T)
OT R.Johnson, 26, HOU (swing T)
OT Hurst, 30, NO (-run.block/swing T) [PFF:1/3.5]
OL DJ Fluker, 30, BAL (+G)
OT Sambrailo, 29, TEN (avg swing/?LT)
LT Wells, 30, TB (b-up)
LT Davenport, 26, MIA (b-up)
RT Fleming, 29, NYG [PFF:4]
LT Tevi, 27, LAC (- run)
OT LeRaven Clark, 28, IND (b-up)

RT T.Scott, 27, CAR (b-up) RFA CAR - re-signed 1y
OT Erving, 29, DAL (b-up)
OT Green, 27, IND (b-up)
OT Sharpe, 26, WAS (b-up)
OL E.Wilkinson, 26, DEN

TRADE / CUT OPTIONS
RT T.Brown, LV (14) trade — NE - 2022 5th for 2022 7th
RT Wilson, TEN (6’7-340) trade — MIA - swap 7th
[LT Armstead, 30, NO (6.6/11.7-J2) - extension/trade ?
[RT Ramczyk, 27, NO (11>17.3.-gtd) - extension/trade ?
[Orlando Brown, 25, BAL (3.4) (wants to play LT) — likely trade — JAX, LAC, IND
[LT D.Smith, 28, TB (14.2) — likely extension
[LT Solder, 33, NYG (10,14/6-10) (opt-o) — possible cut/new deal
[RT Massie, 32, CHI (5.4) — likely decl. opt
[LT Leno, 30, CHI (9/6.2) — possible cut
[RT Turner, 30, GB (6.1,5.6)
[RT Fant, 29, NYG (9.4,10.7) (+run) — possible cut
[RT Hart, 27, CIN (5.8) — possible cut

DRAFT

OT Penei Sewell #58 Oregon (6’6-325) - 1
OT Teven Jenkins #73 Oklahoma St (6’6-320-34BP) - 1
OT Christian Darrisaw #77 VT (6’5-313) - 1
OT Liam Eichenberg #74 ND (6’5-300) - 1/2
OL Samuel Cosmi #52 Texas (6’7-310) - 1/2
OT Dillon Radunz #75 ND St (6’5-304) - 1/2
OT *Jalen Mayfield #73 Michigan (6’5-320) - D2
OL Alex Leatherwood #70 Alabama (6’5-312-9.5“) - D2
LT Walker Little #72 Stanford (6’7-315) - D2
OT Brady Christensen #67 BYU (6’6-300) - D2/3
OT James Hudson #55 Cincinnati (6’4-302-11“) - D2/3 -
LT *Jackson Carman #79 Clemson (6’5-315>330) - D2/3
OL D’Ante Smith #67 E Carolina (6’5-294+35“) - D3
OL Robert Hainsey #72 ND (6’4-302-33“) - D3

INTERESTING POSSIBLE UDFA

OT Brenden Jaimes #76 Nebraska (6’5-300)
OL Cole Van Lanen #71 Wisconsin (6’5-312)
OL Jaylon Moore #76 W Michigan (6’4-311-11“)
OT Stone Forsythe #72 Florida (6’8-330)
OT *Abraham Lucas #72 Washington St (6’7-328)
OT Daniel Faalele #78 Minnesota (6’9-400)

[PFF:16] = projected apy contract (2021 cap hit 20-40% lower) - projections are not mine..
(10,14/6-10) = cap hits of remaining contract yrs. black is guaranteed, grey not gtd, orange cap saved, red after June 1

Last edited:
I agree that for free agency, the Patriots are likely done at OT with the trade for Trent Brown.

PFF big board top 100 has 13 Tackles. This would be a good year to draft a tackle and will probably happen sometime in first 3 rounds if we are taking best player available.

I agree that for free agency, the Patriots are likely done at OT with the trade for Trent Brown.

PFF big board top 100 has 13 Tackles. This would be a good year to draft a tackle and will probably happen sometime in first 3 rounds if we are taking best player available.

Robert Hainsey - who plays all T+G+C - and has some other similarities with Thuney - is not even top 15 on some boards.
He could be another 6th round OL steal ;)

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back