PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GM LOUNGE

I've been a Milano fan forever. He was one of my priorities. He'll be overpaid but his skill set is unique and proven. I'm not drastically overpaying but fair market for him with Hightower is pretty intriguing, no?

Also like Beigel, Anzalone & Davis at the right price.

Draft - Collins is further along than Parsons in all areas but not doesn't quite explode like Parsons. I'll likely have him LB1. Big yes to Browning and JOK/Cox if we don't land Milano. I don't see them redundant to Dugger and would welcome either one in the 2nd/3rd.

Errol Thompson, Stuard and Barnes will grade out higher than udfa for me. I think they could be in play mid-late round. More traditional types for us except Stuard.

when evaluating players at the same position, all things being equal I would take the guy that is most sudden,

but bb does not see it that way. He always takes the word of college coaches over what the tape says.

while I see the merit in getting inside information, the tape should have shown everything he needed to see to not draft the likes of slugs like:
Easley
Richards
Dawson
Cyrus jones
Slowjuan Williams
Etc etc etc

This is very perplexing!

While I like (and endorse) your DL additions though I might add different names, the thought is the same. However I STILL think you are overly optimistic about the LB area. Bently Hall and Jennings are all limited and marginal NFL players. Remember THIS is the year to add DEPTH as well as upgrade starters at the LB postion.

Then we add the additional complication which is, what exactly constitutes a LB these days. Can the Pats get by with SS's playing the position, or do they need to add someone who can stay on the field all three downs. Just look at the effect Devon White had on the Bucs D. I doubt there is his like at the #15 spot or even FA, BUT w (e can vastly improve our 3 down defense with a Milano or his like

That being said among our biggest needs, QB, TE, WR, DL, and LB, I'd rate LB as the 5th most important, BUT it should not be disregarded when there will be an vast upgrade at #15 and/or in FA at reasonable prices.

I think BB looks at these rebuilds as 3 year projects, I think the 2001 success came as big a surprise to Bill as the rest of us. Just as the disappointing 2002 season and successful seasons of 2003 and 4 where probably what he expected.

We have the long term cap space and draft picks to build a first rate roster over the next 3 years. If we are lucky enough to develop or obtain a top; 15 QB, we will be competing for Titles sooner rather than later in year 3. We will clearly be a better team than last, though so will all our opponents. It seemed 8 of games will be against teams who had 11 or more wins last season, so next year, I'm I'd be disappointed with anything less than 8 wins and if we catch a break up to 10. I would guess that that is what Bill thought about the 2001 team going into the season.....and then caught lightening in a bottle in the playoffs. (much like the Giants did in 07)

So my expectations for this year is to see a better team than last year regardless of their record. Then playoffs in 2022 and competitive superbowl contenders after that.

Good thoughts and i think a lot of us here are quite on the same page regarding D FA.

Im all in and also expect adding depth at LB for TC competition, but if they believe Hightower will start 100% upgrading starters might be more about opportunity than need looking at big picture regardless how any of us feels about certain LB on the contract. I am more on the patient side bc young players coming in need and deserve time to develop and they did not have that in covid season and on decimated roster. It happens again and again that fans trash young players first year or two and when Bill lets the same players leave in FA they call him cheap bastard :)

But lets say what you propose: trying to upgrade starting LB position (speed).
Everyone says Milano. Ok, nice addition & id love getting my binkie. Not sure he's a 3-down player for BB but lets say he can be.
His projected contract is 11-14M apy. Is that the $ you want to spend at upgrading LB position as your #5 positional need?
While still missing at least 3 starters on DL? (btw - the only LB id pay north of 10M is Devin White you mentioned)

The reality of this FA seems to be that you have 2 solid but far from dominant faster LBs both projected north of 10M and then a few bigger slower solid vets that don't add much to your core and will all likely be overpaid. Bringing back KVN unless nobody else wants him makes little sense if you want to develop Jennings and develop roster like you say.

Id prefer to look at mid to lower tier for some complementary faster LBs that can play ST: Malcolm Smith, Pierre-Louis, Todd Davis, or player id love to bring back - Kamu Grugier Hill. They will be in a 2-4M price range some even lower.

Id also look at some “reclamation“ projects who showed glimpses of starting material and are on the faster side like Anzalone and Jarrad Davis.

For possible upgrade id look at Draft despite using 2nd and 3rd at the position last yr. Zaven Collins could be next Jamie Collins, maybe Jamie Davis in similar mold in later rounds, they might like Parsons in 1st and if he falls to 2nd, id love to have my overall binkie Nick Bolton who could be close to what Mayo was, there's a lot to like with Cox in coverage capacity...

But no need to force it, esp. in line with your 2y plan: i believe Uche can grow into Collins role this year and Dugger can be a 3-down player sharing safety and some LB duties.

Matt Milano. Do it Bill. Make it happen.
The pick that Barfalo used for him in the 5th round of the 2017 draft was given them by...guess who...so signing (BC alum) Milano here would help Bill atone for that particular feckup.

Good thoughts and i think a lot of us here are quite on the same page regarding D FA.

Im all in and also expect adding depth at LB for TC competition, but if they believe Hightower will start 100% upgrading starters might be more about opportunity than need looking at big picture regardless how any of us feels about certain LB on the contract. I am more on the patient side bc young players coming in need and deserve time to develop and they did not have that in covid season and on decimated roster. It happens again and again that fans trash young players first year or two and when Bill lets the same players leave in FA they call him cheap bastard :)

But lets say what you propose: trying to upgrade starting LB position (speed).
Everyone says Milano. Ok, nice addition & id love getting my binkie. Not sure he's a 3-down player for BB but lets say he can be.
His projected contract is 11-14M apy. Is that the $ you want to spend at upgrading LB position as your #5 positional need?
While still missing at least 3 starters on DL? (btw - the only LB id pay north of 10M is Devin White you mentioned)

The reality of this FA seems to be that you have 2 solid but far from dominant faster LBs both projected north of 10M and then a few bigger slower solid vets that don't add much to your core and will all likely be overpaid. Bringing back KVN unless nobody else wants him makes little sense if you want to develop Jennings and develop roster like you say.

Id prefer to look at mid to lower tier for some complementary faster LBs that can play ST: Malcolm Smith, Pierre-Louis, Todd Davis, or player id love to bring back - Kamu Grugier Hill. They will be in a 2-4M price range some even lower.

Id also look at some “reclamation“ projects who showed glimpses of starting material and are on the faster side like Anzalone and Jarrad Davis.

For possible upgrade id look at Draft despite using 2nd and 3rd at the position last yr. Zaven Collins could be next Jamie Collins, maybe Jamie Davis in similar mold in later rounds, they might like Parsons in 1st and if he falls to 2nd, id love to have my overall binkie Nick Bolton who could be close to what Mayo was, there's a lot to like with Cox in coverage capacity...

But no need to force it, esp. in line with your 2y plan: i believe Uche can grow into Collins role this year and Dugger can be a 3-down player sharing safety and some LB duties.
Do you think Milano is up for an $11-14MM/yr contract,???? Then NO! I wouldn't be in the market for him. Maybe for half that amount (6-7MM) but even that would be pushing my envelope. G-Hill was an old binky of mine, but he was never able to make the kind of impact I envisioned for him in Philly. Maybe he'd be better here Certainly worth a low number shot, especially since he'd be a ST's ace as well. I can't see anyone paying $11mm for Matt Milano after having a down year after his break out season in 19k. Where did you get that number LD?

I can understand fans wanting other linebackers but that doesn't constitute a need let alone really big need. We're trying to look at the roster building from GM perspective here.

Patriots are returning all of their starting/rotational linebackers: Bentley, Jennings, Hall and Uche - that i forgot to include earlier - and on top they are adding one of the best LBs in the league in Hightower. They are also returning both situational/hybrid/subpackage LBs in Dugger and Phillips.
To classify this position as a need from a GM perspective is quite a big stretch. Look at other 2020 rosters and you'll see half of the league with much less. You can of course want to upgrade - and i wouldn't mind at all don't get me wrong - but i think BB will keep most if not all of the young guys he signed and look forward to work with them in a full preseason. I know asking fans for patience is futile but i am looking forward to see development of home talent.

I can certainly join your wish for some added speed/mobility at LB but they did address exactly this with the two top picks of last year's draft. Both Uche and Dugger should see significant increase of snaps continuing the trend from the end of last season and that will make the unit faster etc.
As you already mentioned rightfully, i think Uche could play LB on early downs behind a more stout DL which wasn't there last year. I really hope we use him there cause Uche and Dugger provide us some speed, sideline to sideline pursuit which should help a lot. They can tackle as well as Bentley but have 1000 times more speed so if HT comes back i don't see the need to play those big unmovable LB. I agree on others who said we need speed and a coverage LB who can also play the run. I hope Uche can develop some things of that. I'd like to see him go after the passer as well but not necessary from DE standpoint.
One thing we should keep in mind is that LB play was significantly hindered by abysmal DL. Now there we can talk about really big needs esp. since almost all starters there are Free Agents. As discussed earlier Pats have every chance to build a dominant, versatile DL incl. early downs edge defenders and if they manage to do that than current LB group will look quite solid (counting top DB unit behind them).

f.e. (similar to what @patsfanfromoversea suggested earlier)

Hightower/Jennings - FA DE (Wolfe/Hyder)/Guy - FA DT (Tomlinson) - FA DE (Bowser)/Winovich
Dugger .................. Hightower/Jennings/Bentley .......... Uche
I think we need to play Jennings more as a DE. Way to slow for LB and coverage liability but i like him for edge/DE run defender.
This is a stout line with enough speed and blitzing threat at both sides. Most players here also offer plenty of versatility to move them around as you want.

Again DL and DE are objectively big needs with only Cowart and Winowich returning. If you meet need with opportunity to seriously upgrade DL-DE then LB can easily become an afterthought. Why throw away young players that you have on the roster and showed ability to play the position & invest in questionable upgrades (look at the history of top LB FA around the league) instead of investing those resources in building dominant DL that will make your LBs on cheap contracts better?
Yeah I agree 1000%. Playing behind Wolfe-Tomlinson-Guy-Jennings as an LB will make look them better than playing behind our D-Line last year. (just an example for D-Line). Also good argument with the GM standpoint DT/DE are bigger needs than LB
Im not saying they should or will not look at upgrade - just going about it from the position of opportunity and not need.
(I wouldn't be surprised if they take another one high in the draft since there are a few BB would absolutely love)

Agreed. Pats will be big players in 2022 FA almost regardless of what they do this year since they are - as mentioned in this thread before - #1 in effective cap space for 2022 by far and unlike most teams they will not put a bunch of dead money to 2022/2023 so their position will be even stronger. But since this is a bargain year they should use every opportunity - even a few close to the top of the market in bargain positions - when they present themselves.

Going by your plan of a 2y FA build that is just one more reason to give young players like the current young LB corps a full chance to prove themselves. But certainly bring in some solid competition for TC in the bargain part of the market.

While I like (and endorse) your DL additions though I might add different names, the thought is the same. However I STILL think you are overly optimistic about the LB area. Bently Hall and Jennings are all limited and marginal NFL players. Remember THIS is the year to add DEPTH as well as upgrade starters at the LB postion.

Then we add the additional complication which is, what exactly constitutes a LB these days. Can the Pats get by with SS's playing the position, or do they need to add someone who can stay on the field all three downs. Just look at the effect Devon White had on the Bucs D. I doubt there is his like at the #15 spot or even FA, BUT w (e can vastly improve our 3 down defense with a Milano or his like
I agree that Bentley Hall Jennings play last year wasn't thrilling at all. That's why i hope we play Jennings more from OLB/DE where he played at Bama as well with his long arms. I haven't watched much of Milano. How would he be able to play here on early downs in our scheme?
That being said among our biggest needs, QB, TE, WR, DL, and LB, I'd rate LB as the 5th most important, BUT it should not be disregarded when there will be an vast upgrade at #15 and/or in FA at reasonable prices.

I think BB looks at these rebuilds as 3 year projects, I think the 2001 success came as big a surprise to Bill as the rest of us. Just as the disappointing 2002 season and successful seasons of 2003 and 4 where probably what he expected.

We have the long term cap space and draft picks to build a first rate roster over the next 3 years. If we are lucky enough to develop or obtain a top; 15 QB, we will be competing for Titles sooner rather than later in year 3. We will clearly be a better team than last, though so will all our opponents. It seemed 8 of games will be against teams who had 11 or more wins last season, so next year, I'm I'd be disappointed with anything less than 8 wins and if we catch a break up to 10. I would guess that that is what Bill thought about the 2001 team going into the season.....and then caught lightening in a bottle in the playoffs. (much like the Giants did in 07)

So my expectations for this year is to see a better team than last year regardless of their record. Then playoffs in 2022 and competitive superbowl contenders after that.

Do you think Milano is up for an $11-14MM/yr contract,???? Then NO! I wouldn't be in the market for him. Maybe for half that amount (6-7MM) but even that would be pushing my envelope. Where did you get that number LD?

14.2M is LB Franchise Tag (10% lower than last yr btw)
Spotrac has his market value projected at 13.8M
BUF FA analyst has him “hopefully“ at 13M
PFF (by Brad Spielberger previously from reliable OTC) has him at 4y/50M = 12.5

These are insane numbers for a player like Milano, i agree, but thats what happens on weak market for the position.
KVN got similar last yr which was equally insane. At least MIA could go out after 1y but they still paid 15M for limited impact.

Last edited:
Interesting article with breakdowns - “look at what positions are usually available for cheap every year and contribute in the year they are signed.“

note: for heavily rotational positions (f.e. RB, IDL) results under 200 snaps are as relevant as some others at 500..
-

Interesting article with breakdowns - “look at what positions are usually available for cheap every year and contribute in the year they are signed.“

note: for heavily rotational positions (f.e. RB, IDL) results under 200 snaps are as relevant as some others at 500..
-
Don't know how useful this is given he uses just one year of data. Also, not sure how he can make these conclusions w/o taking into acct the quality of FA at each position. Finally, it shows that the more expensive FA were the ones with >500 snaps for most positions.

S POOL

This is a deep FA pool so teams who need starting safeties will have a bargain. NE is not among those returning 3 starters, Bryant who stepped up in rotation and adding Chung as well.

Haven't looked much yet at Draft class so hopefully we get some input from the usual suspects. Seems short on top and deep in the middle.

NE ROSTER

S (7) - 32D.McCourty* (34,2021,$11.2), 21Phillips* (29,2021,$3.5), 35Dugger* (25,2023,$1.9), 23Chung* (34,2024,$5.1/1.9J-2),
41Bryant* (23,2022,$0.9)

NE FREE AGENTS

25Brooks* (29, 2$)

FREE AGENTS top market: 15M-apy 2021 proj. FT=10.2M

Simmons, 28, DEN [15.5M/ [PFF:16.5] FT 13.8
FS A.Harris, 29, MIN [PFF:14]
>FS M.Williams, 25, NO [9.5M/PFF:14/OTC:15] — NO, DET
->F+S John Johnson III, 27, LAR [8M/PFF:13] — FT 10.2
>FS Maye, 28 NYJ [8M/PFF:15/OTC:12] — FT 10.2
SS Earl Thomas, 32 (?) [PFF:1/3]
FS X.Woods, 26, DAL [PFF:6]
SS K.Neal, 26, ATL [2/10]

>FS Harmon, 30, DET [PFF:2/12]
FS R.Jenkins, 27, LAC (run?) [PFF:3]
>F+S Tre Boston, 30, CAR — cut —>Harmon
SS Tartt, 29, SF (inj.h) [PFF:2/9]
SS Mills, 27, PHI
SS Gipson, 31, CHI
->FS M.Hooker, 26, IND (inj:ACL+Achil) [2]
SS K.Joseph, 28, CLE
>FS Kazee, 28, ATL
FS R.Allen, 30, ATL — cut

F+S T.Wilson, 31, IND
E.Harris, 31, LV
Neasman, 30, ATL
Sorensen, 31, KC
McDougald, 31, SEA
Shawn Williams, 30, CIN +ST
J.Jones, 27, JAX
Brooks, 30, NE
AJ Moore, 25, HOU +ST
Redmond, 27, GB +ST
Rudy Ford, 27, PHI +ST
--------

Micah Hyde, 30, BUF extension — 2y/19M>21.5

POSSIBLE CUTS / TRADES

[Amos, 28, GB (7.3,7.9) - poss trade
[E.Jackson, 28, CHI (9,11,13,14) — post june/next yr
[Q.Diggs, 28, SEA (6) — possible cut
[Vaccaro, 30, TEN (5.5,6/4) — possible cut

DRAFT

S *Trevon Moehrig #7 TCU (6’2-208) - 1
DB *Jevon Holland #8 Oregon (6’1-200) - 2
DB Elijah Molden #3 Washington (5’10-190) - 2
DB Richie Grant #27 UCF (5’11-200) - 2
S **Ar’Darius Washington #27 TCU (5’8-175) - ?
S *Andre Cisco #7 Syracuse (6’0-203-4.3) - 2
SS *Talanoa Hufanga #15 S California (6’1-215) - 2
S *Paris Ford #12 Pitt (6’0-190) - 3
S Hamsah Nasirildeen #5 FSU (6’3-215-83“+34“-10“) - 3
S Richard LeCounte #2 Georgia (5’11-190) - D2
S *Caden Sterns #7 Texas (6’0-208) - D2
SS Jamien Sherwood #20 Auburn (6’2-220) - D2
S James Wiggins #1 Cincinatti (6’0-205) - 4
S Christian Uphoff #24 Illinois St (6’0-213-10“) - D3
DB Damar Hamlin #3 Pitt (6’0-200) - D3
S Divine Deablo #17 VT (6’3-226) - D3

SS Tyree Gillespie #9 Mizzu (5’11-207) - D3
S JaCoby Stevens #3 LSU (6’1-216) - D3

UDFA

@BaconGrundleCandy can add/sort out Draft & UDFA if he can grab some time..

Last edited:
when evaluating players at the same position, all things being equal I would take the guy that is most sudden,

but bb does not see it that way. He always takes the word of college coaches over what the tape says.

while I see the merit in getting inside information, the tape should have shown everything he needed to see to not draft the likes of slugs like:
Easley
Richards
Dawson
Cyrus jones
Slowjuan Williams
Etc etc etc

This is very perplexing!
It is odd especially when 10 years or so ago he seemed intent on drafting 5’8” cornerback with the best 3 cone time who otherwise couldn’t play. Maybe the Pats should join one of the scouting organizations it seems all other teams (Ravens excluded) are a part of.

Last edited:
NT - they NEED a big, proven guy in the middle. Prime FA pickup
I don't think he exists.
DL/DE - Hopefully they get Guy or Butler back, but if not, they need a really good ONE or a decent pair. Judon, please.
Judon wants $20M per year. No thanks.
LB - I doubt they go here in FA. I'd like Milano a lot, but not if the price isn't right. Exception would be Van Noy if they can bring him back.
Wouldn't shock me if they go after a couple of veterans, Van Noy being one of them as they need edge setters badly. You can't rely on Uche, Jennings and Winovich flipping a switch and becoming stout against the run.

This was such an asinine pick taking a guy who not only tore his ACL once in College, but TWICE! The hype around this guy while playing was funny hearing how Easley "almost" got to the QB. Clowney has taken that s**t to another level.
Cyrus jones
He wasn't exactly a slug, but I hope Bill didn't draft him to actually be a CB. He was a stud kick and punt returner in College and looked like the next Devin Hester.
Slowjuan Williams
One of my most hated picks. I've explained numerous times why this pick was insane.

With this last series of posts i am sadly reminded that putting an effort on this board is fools errand.
Unfortunately i dont have the tools to keep this clean and on topic.

Hopefully the few interested in broad GM discussions are allowed to have this place and OP guidelines can be respected.

How is it that Patriots let everyone know who they're looking at and how many times they meet with these players. Why advertise this to everyone. Unless it's a clever ruse by the GM to distract everyone. Bill is a genius (3d chess).
This is pretty much what a normal prospect combine interview used to look like, but obviously that isn’t happening this year. Nuggets from interviews like this are going to trickle out over time, making what would have been mundane information lost during combine week any other year suddenly the big news of the day this year.

S POOL

Simmons, 28, DEN [15.5M/ [PFF:16.5] FT 13.8
FS A.Harris, 29, MIN [PFF:14]
>FS M.Williams, 25, NO [9.5M/PFF:14/OTC:15] — NO, DET
->F+S John Johnson III, 27, LAR [8M/PFF:13] — FT 10.2
>FS Maye, 28 NYJ [8M/PFF:15/OTC:12] — FT 10.2
SS Earl Thomas, 32 (?) [PFF:1/3]
FS X.Woods, 26, DAL [PFF:6]
SS K.Neal, 26, ATL [2/10]

>FS Harmon, 30, DET [PFF:2/12]
FS R.Jenkins, 27, LAC (run?) [PFF:3]
>F+S Tre Boston, 30, CAR — cut —>Harmon
SS Tartt, 29, SF (inj.h) [PFF:2/9]
SS Mills, 27, PHI
SS Gipson, 31, CHI
->FS M.Hooker, 26, IND (inj:ACL+Achil) [2]
SS K.Joseph, 28, CLE
>FS Kazee, 28, ATL
FS R.Allen, 30, ATL — cut

F+S T.Wilson, 31, IND
E.Harris, 31, LV
Neasman, 30, ATL
Sorensen, 31, KC
McDougald, 31, SEA
Shawn Williams, 30, CIN +ST
J.Jones, 27, JAX
Brooks, 30, NE
AJ Moore, 25, HOU +ST
Redmond, 27, GB +ST
Rudy Ford, 27, PHI +ST
--------

Micah Hyde, 30, BUF extension — 2y/19M>21.5

POSSIBLE CUTS / TRADES

[Amos, 28, GB (7.3,7.9) - poss trade
[E.Jackson, 28, CHI (9,11,13,14) — post june/next yr
[Q.Diggs, 28, SEA (6) — possible cut
[Vaccaro, 30, TEN (5.5,6/4) — possible cut

DRAFT

S *Trevon Moehrig #7 TCU (6’2-208) - 1
DB *Jevon Holland #8 Oregon (6’1-200) - 2
DB Elijah Molden #3 Washington (5’10-190) - 2
DB Richie Grant #27 UCF (5’11-200) - 2
S **Ar’Darius Washington #27 TCU (5’8-175) - ?
S *Andre Cisco #7 Syracuse (6’0-203-4.3) - 2
SS *Talanoa Hufanga #15 S California (6’1-215) - 2
S *Paris Ford #12 Pitt (6’0-190) - 3
S Hamsah Nasirildeen #5 FSU (6’3-215-83“+34“-10“) - 3
S Richard LeCounte #2 Georgia (5’11-190) - D2
S *Caden Sterns #7 Texas (6’0-208) - D2
SS Jamien Sherwood #20 Auburn (6’2-220) - D2
S James Wiggins #1 Cincinatti (6’0-205) - 4
S Christian Uphoff #24 Illinois St (6’0-213-10“) - D3
DB Damar Hamlin #3 Pitt (6’0-200) - D3
S Divine Deablo #17 VT (6’3-226) - D3

SS Tyree Gillespie #9 Mizzu (5’11-207) - D3
S JaCoby Stevens #3 LSU (6’1-216) - D3

UDFA

@BaconGrundleCandy can add/sort out Draft & UDFA if he can grab some time..

So the topic at hand is safety position. Let me add a few comments to this previously posted list.

It is one of the deepest FA positions - over 20 experienced solid starters - and traditionally one of the cheapest. This is emphasized this year by Franchise Tag falling to measly 10.2M. So DEN had no hesitation to put 2nd consecutive FT on Simmons for 13.8M. Despite some projections for Harris, Johnson, Williams and Maye go up to 15 apy that is not happening with FT at 10.2M.

This market is set to be one big bargain - so it is not that surprising to see ATL letting their 4 safeties taste the market. They can do better for less $ and they can bring them back on the cheap if they want to.

This market offers some great opportunities to secure solid safety future and id wish NE would consider this. I don't think BB will care much but if i was GM id use this opportunity to get younger and have some longer term piece of mind. Both D-Mac and Chung are closing in on 35. They are two of my fav Pats players but as a GM id consider moving on tbh. It makes no sense to move on at this point but would prepare myself to move on at any point in time after June 2 when cap implications are significant. D-Mac might still have some trade value, and if contending team ends up without good starting S at the start of the season (like BAL last yr) or before trade deadline . trading D-Mac could net 9M of cap space and a 2022 pick.

So id even look at the top of the market for FS of the future if the price for one of the 4 top FS drops below 10 apy. BB prob believes he is able to find and coach his own FS of the future (although recent history is not too kind) but the opportunity for proven top commodity here is significant.

I would have no problem going a tad over 10 for John Johnson III. Leader of alpha D, can play single, box and star, calls D plays, brings energy, kills TEs and tackles like a monster. Rams might have a hard time bringing him back/tag him with their cap situation..

Last edited:
I would have no problem going a tad over 10 for John Johnson III. Leader of alpha D, can play single, box and star, calls D plays, brings energy, kills TEs and tackles like a monster. Rams might have a hard time bringing him back/tag him with their cap situation..

Thanks for the highlights. Impressive when he hit Metcalf jarring the ball loose. Great timing. $10M is a lot when we need Dline so desperately in my opinion.

Thanks for the highlights. Impressive when he hit Metcalf jarring the ball loose. Great timing. $10M is a lot when we need Dline so desperately in my opinion.

If he replaces D-Mac as i mentioned Pats actually gain 2021 cap space..

ps
In any case NE have a ton of cap if they need it - you have to look at it at least over next 2 years. They are #1 in the league by far in combined 2021+2022 effective cap space!

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back