PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Oh? :confused:

I hope he stays.

Saw that, and the full length article posted on that one cryptic tweet that could mean absolutely jack. We are starved for anything to mean something.

I agree, 2021 will be interesting for all of humanity.

I’d be surprised if he stays. We already moved $5 mill from next year to this year’s deal and we’d save about $10 mill on the cap if he’s gone.

I don't the tweet means much, but he didn't seem too interested in this season. I think he asks for a trade.

I don't particularly doubt that they tried to trade him back in the fall so he probably expects to be moved at some point. It's really not a stretch to assume that's what he's referencing.

He is right because 2021 is a year where people whose professional is report information to the public actually waste their time speculating what a tweet that is entirely vague and without reference to anything might mean.

I hope he stays. Gilmore is one of my favorite Patriots of the past decade.

To paraphrase Gilmore’s tweet:

It’s 2021, so it’s interesting that I will leave the Patriots and then trash the organization and insult their fans

It is interesting how bravely people interpret someone else's words which can mean everything or nothing.

I disagree. I don’t think 2021 will be that interesting.

I, for one, would appreciate a drama free off season sans hysterical overreaction to vague, innocuous tweets. Please.

Seems likely that the 31 year old Gilmore would complete his Pats contract in 2021. His cap hit comes down to 17 million. Stephon Gilmore

If the Pats let him go in 2022, Gilmore is still young enough and hopefully playing good enough to be resigned elsewhere. The Pats could potentially receive a nice compensatory pick.

Time to activate the realtor sleuths again
The part about getting offers in quickly (before the trade deadline) was changed, but the listing is still up at the same $999,000 price.

Seems likely that the 31 year old Gilmore would complete his Pats contract in 2021. His cap hit comes down to 17 million. Stephon Gilmore

If the Pats let him go in 2022, Gilmore is still young enough and hopefully playing good enough to be resigned elsewhere. The Pats could potentially receive a nice compensatory pick.
So let me get this straight.....

The 1 year removed DPOY who missed days at training camp for "personal reasons" later to be reclassified as a stealth hold out because his 2020 $10.5 mill salary was well below market .......and subsequently returned to camp after agreeing to play for $15.5 mill instead....
Now...
"seems likely...Gilmore would complete his Pats contract in 2021" that will pay him $7.5 mill this year (a 52% reduction from last year)

Too funny
James Harden chuckles as well

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots