Search

Gilmore

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

hornetfb85

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Saw that, and the full length article posted on that one cryptic tweet that could mean absolutely jack. We are starved for anything to mean something.

203Pat

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
I’d be surprised if he stays. We already moved $5 mill from next year to this year’s deal and we’d save about $10 mill on the cap if he’s gone.

TheRainMaker

Team Tom Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
I don't the tweet means much, but he didn't seem too interested in this season. I think he asks for a trade.

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
I don't particularly doubt that they tried to trade him back in the fall so he probably expects to be moved at some point. It's really not a stretch to assume that's what he's referencing.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Wall of Fame Member
He is right because 2021 is a year where people whose professional is report information to the public actually waste their time speculating what a tweet that is entirely vague and without reference to anything might mean.

Flash

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
I hope he stays. Gilmore is one of my favorite Patriots of the past decade.

Ice_Ice_Brady

Team Bill's Worst Nightmare
PatsFans.com Supporter
To paraphrase Gilmore’s tweet:

It’s 2021, so it’s interesting that I will leave the Patriots and then trash the organization and insult their fans

oceansizer

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
It is interesting how bravely people interpret someone else's words which can mean everything or nothing.

Username

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
I, for one, would appreciate a drama free off season sans hysterical overreaction to vague, innocuous tweets. Please.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Seems likely that the 31 year old Gilmore would complete his Pats contract in 2021. His cap hit comes down to 17 million. Stephon Gilmore

If the Pats let him go in 2022, Gilmore is still young enough and hopefully playing good enough to be resigned elsewhere. The Pats could potentially receive a nice compensatory pick.

Sciz

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Time to activate the realtor sleuths again
The part about getting offers in quickly (before the trade deadline) was changed, but the listing is still up at the same $999,000 price.

borg

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Seems likely that the 31 year old Gilmore would complete his Pats contract in 2021. His cap hit comes down to 17 million. Stephon Gilmore

If the Pats let him go in 2022, Gilmore is still young enough and hopefully playing good enough to be resigned elsewhere. The Pats could potentially receive a nice compensatory pick.
So let me get this straight.....

The 1 year removed DPOY who missed days at training camp for "personal reasons" later to be reclassified as a stealth hold out because his 2020 $10.5 mill salary was well below market .......and subsequently returned to camp after agreeing to play for $15.5 mill instead....
Now...
"seems likely...Gilmore would complete his Pats contract in 2021" that will pay him $7.5 mill this year (a 52% reduction from last year)

Too funny
James Harden chuckles as well