PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore on the Physically Unable To Perform List

No Gilmore to cover Evans in week 4. Well alrighty then.

Without Gilmore for the first 6 weeks the Pats pass defense worries me. With Gillmore out the Pats have one player who is a good outside corner. The pass rush should be great, but if they can't get home the Pats might get torched through the air early.

I think in the big picture ASSUMING he gets healthy in 6-8 weeks, it gives other players a chance to get experience in the defense and lets Gilmore come in fresh mid season.
I was thinking they rostered him and kept him inactive but it sounds like the timetable is longer than that.

Concerning. Thought it was a game of chicken and someone would cave…

Concerning. Thought it was a game of chicken and someone would cave…
He’s not ready to play. They aren’t putting him on pup because of a contract dispute.

He’s not ready to play. They aren’t putting him on pup because of a contract dispute.
I get it now : but didn’t you get the impression - before this - that it was more contract related ? I did.

Reminds me of Seymour’s final season here, he sat out with a mystery injury for six weeks and the Pats made him the highest paid DT in the game for half a season… he magically returned at mid season.

Not saying it isn’t injury related but it could be money related.

Last edited:
The two games I think we'd miss him the most will be Tampa and Dallas. Rest are definitely manageable without him.

Oh well, at least this gives 'the fellowship of the miserable' something to be miserable about.

Sucks, but it WILL give us a glimpse of what the new d looks like without him as he becomes a fa next year and negotiations become now or never. Obviously last years d was not equipped to handle without him and it showed.

This really stinks. We went from a top defense to average IMO. Our pass defenses is really going to struggle.

My father the conspiracy theorist thinks that this is all about the contract. But to me it seems like it really is about the injury. Am I naïve?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back