PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore: "My People finally going to get to see me play on tv."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelman

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

I'm sure some of you have seen this. I'm just posting this because Gilmore's been getting roasted and it's quite funny.

This is my favourite one. Enjoy... lol! :D

Yea I noticed the silly bills babys crying cause we have happy gilmore and we are looking forward to a repeat and their just hoping they make the playoffs, oh and I have a nugget we won 5 super bowls since their last playoff appearance

RoflLg.gif~c200

I remember a Hogan spike in Buffalo last year. The dude might regret what he is looking forward to.

Gilmore has the goat coach and elite safety help arguably the best 3 headed monster at safety in the league.
Plus a rocket scientist as his coordinator he won't make mental errors.
He will only have to focus on his assignment and his team mates will as well.
Belichick will make Gilmore a top 3 corner in this league.
Loved him coming out of the draft never thought we had a shot at him stoked we landed him.

I remember a Hogan spike in Buffalo last year. The dude might regret what he is looking forward to.
Debbie Downer post of the day:

I'm not fully sold on the Gilmore hype just yet, either. I know the potential is there, but I want to see it in action before automatically assuming a top 3 secondary, etc. He had a down year last year, so I'll hop aboard the hype train if/when he's living up to it. Hopefully, he's part of a great secondary for years to come, but I'm still kind of surprised at the money BB threw at him.

Hoping like hell there's some truth to the Butler extension rumors.

The jury is out on Gilmore and his abilities, but we do know that BB and MP will play to his strengths surrounded by quality supporting cast..

One of the greatest changes for BB in the past several years is abandoning the belief that he can coach up any player and make them into a quality cornerback..

Gilmore has the goat coach and elite safety help arguably the best 3 headed monster at safety in the league.
Plus a rocket scientist as his coordinator he won't make mental errors.
He will only have to focus on his assignment and his team mates will as well.
Belichick will make Gilmore a top 3 corner in this league.
Loved him coming out of the draft never thought we had a shot at him stoked we landed him.
I still can't believe they locked up Harmon... one of my favorite moves this offseason

He's happy to bee here, that makes me happy training camp is coming real soon now.

I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taking my grandson to TC this year, highlight of my summer.

It will be a highlight for your grandson also I'm sure.

My son is coming home in early August and we're looking to go to one of the joint practices with the Jags.

That play was on the safety who was frozen by the GOAT

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Gilmore's tweet is consistent with his previous interviews since signing with the Patriots. He seems to value individual attention, not the team. He doesn't want to win, he wants the attention of prime time, and he wants to insult his former team. Giving them bulletin board material too.

This is already the third prima donna statement or interview like this he's made, before playing a down even in training camp; see previous threads.

Because of Gilmore's salary, he's tough to control. I think he has the potential to disrupt the chemistry of the entire defense. If Butler refuses to tackle (or starts missing tackles on) running backs this year, I'd understand.

Last edited:
Debbie Downer post of the day:

I'm not fully sold on the Gilmore hype just yet, either. I know the potential is there, but I want to see it in action before automatically assuming a top 3 secondary, etc. He had a down year last year, so I'll hop aboard the hype train if/when he's living up to it. Hopefully, he's part of a great secondary for years to come, but I'm still kind of surprised at the money BB threw at him.

Hoping like hell there's some truth to the Butler extension rumors.

thing is, you have to remember Gilmore was on a complete disaster of a team with no help or secondary members he could rely on to do their jobs. So he was over-reaching and trying to do too much.

In 5 years, he's played for 3 different head coaches and 5 different d-coordinators

despite that he still had 5 picks, 12 passes defended and 48 tackles last year.

Gilmore's tweet is consistent with his previous interviews since signing with the Patriots. He seems to value individual attention, not the team. He doesn't want to win, he wants the attention of prime time, and he wants to insult his former team. Giving them bulletin board material too.

This is already the third prima donna statement or interview like this he's made, before playing a down even in training camp; see previous threads.

Because of Gilmore's salary, he's tough to control. I think he has the potential to disrupt the chemistry of the entire defense. If Butler refuses to tackle (or starts missing tackles on) running backs this year, I'd understand.

jesus h christ, it's physically impossible to eye roll as hard as this post deserves...

and you do realize that every 'old man yells at cloud' statement you just made applies fully to Gronk too, right?

I don't see why Buffalo is upset about this. He didn't mention them, simply stated his excitement about having his friends and family finally see him on national television, an understandable feeling.

Their reaction just reiterates why they have and will continue to toil in loserdom for the foreseeable future.

This is a great example of how the media CREATES a story where none exists. Like its been stated above, NOTHING about what he said is negative or disrespectful of the Bills and its fans. It merely states the FACT that the Bills were rarely on national TV, and the Pats are.

But when there is a smarmy story to create that slams a guy who left them for a better place, it became a story today's media couldn't help but make. Its the kind of crap that you'd expect from some youtube wonk to make. It also is another example that makes me hope Bedard's new Boston Sports Journal site is a success.

Mixed in some truth with a lot of theory that has no basis. Gilmore is a bit of a prima donna. Yes he selfishly wants attention and praise for his own personal play. When I saw an interview and the interviewer said something like "you are referred to as a shut down CB" he simply said yes with an air of "how else would I be classified?". He is past confident at this point and in ****y territory and wants the accolades involved. I think that is all fair to say and there is good reason to think this is the case.

Also I think there is some dislike for the Bills from him. Probably cause he felt that team held him back. I would wager he didn't feel he got the support he needed around him on defense or as far as the team as a whole to get thought of as they player he should be thought of. I think there is probably a basis to think that is true and he is showing a bit of bitterness and arguably pettiness.

That all being the case my thought is this. Who cares? Honestly if he comes here looking to be a professional on the field and takes his job seriously and wants to be the best player he can be that is all that matters. Would it be nice of he had more of a fight for the guy next to me motivation? Arguably. I think selfish motivation can work fine as long as it doesn't bring everyone else down and you celebrate when your team does well and when players around you do well. He cares about winning cause it makes him look good and he needs other players to play well to do it so it is not like he wouldn't care either way.

Personally I don't think he has entirely selfish motivations and he wants to be on a winner and he is not one of these "all about me guys". He reminds me of a more business like Corey Dillon. He is glad to be on a team where he will get exposure, make the playoffs, contend and will be talked about more as one of the leagues elite players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back