PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore’s House on the Market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredibly business savvy.

If he gets traded, he'll have offers in hand and he can exit the region seamlessly.
If he doesn't get traded, he rejects any and all offers and the Gilmore's are no worse for wear.

Or he stays, sells the house anyways, maybe gets a long term contract, buys Brady's Brookline McMansion, and Bobby Kraft begins calling his new neighbor "my newest son"

I wouldn't read too much into selling houses. This isnt like the Brady situation when that was a big tell. Right now, everyone is looking at the housing market as prices are hugely inflated for sales. I just got a mortgage of 2.6% for 30 years. I bid 4x on houses, each time $50k-100 over asking, and only got a house on the 4th try. Now is the time to sell and the time to buy if you're going to borrow money to do it. Now is not the time for cash offers though.
wait, so you think housing prices are hugely inflated YET you overbid on houses on top of the hugely inflated prices?

Offers have to be in on Tuesday? Really? Is that some kind of messages he's sending? That's a huge coincidence if it's true and how did they find that out? They called the realtor? lol

Tennessee and their 19th ranked passing defense is another fit. Gilmore already knows the terminology and concepts and could step in and contribute day 1. They would have Butler and Gilmore at CB.

With KC and Pitt looking like theyll be there at the end of the season you better have a pass defense worth a damn.
I like TEN for Gilly... but Butler's play would probably take another nosedive if that happened. Lol

On a more serious note, has Butler been playing better? I haven't been able to see any TEN games outside of a few highlights here or there.

Offers have to be in on Tuesday? Really?
Really
Is that some kind of messages he's sending?
No, it's a provision set up within the listing
That's a huge coincidence if it's true
Not a coincidence; a pragmatic approach
and how did they find that out?
It's included in the listing
They called the realtor?
Probably read the listing with their own eyes

I like TEN for Gilly... but Butler's play would probably take another nosedive if that happened. Lol

On a more serious note, has Butler been playing better? I haven't been able to see any TEN games outside of a few highlights here or there.
He played very well last Sunday against the Steelers. Butler followed Chase Claypool and pretty much shut him down. Plus, he made a couple of excellent tackles I noticed.

Ye
wait, so you think housing prices are hugely inflated YET you overbid on houses on top of the hugely inflated prices?
Yes. Why is this a surprise?

My payments will go down even if the price of the house is higher.

Interest rates are at an all time low

Last edited:
Ye

Yes. Why is this a surprise?

My payments will go down even if the price of the house is higher.

Interest rates are at an all time low
economics. surprising you would use the word "inflated". it's a sellers market...that means there's more demand than supply so price in fact isn't "inflated" but rather rising sharply.

feds already said interest rate isn't going up anytime soon, and its more than likely the case. any rate hikes will crash the market. Trump wont allow that, Biden wont either because it would destroy his presidency. so if you think it's "inflated" it would be foolish to overbid. if you think prices are going to continue to rise then you should in fact overbid - especially if you believe supply will stay constricted. equity/real estates markets are going up because foreign money is pouring in and bonds are low.

with inflation, expect housing price to continue going up. and Congrats on the new house!

economics. surprising you would use the word "inflated". it's a sellers market...that means there's more demand than supply so price in fact isn't "inflated" but rather rising sharply.

feds already said interest rate isn't going up anytime soon, and its more than likely the case. any rate hikes will crash the market. Trump wont allow that, Biden wont either because it would destroy his presidency. so if you think it's "inflated" it would be foolish to overbid. if you think prices are going to continue to rise then you should in fact overbid - especially if you believe supply will stay constricted. equity/real estates markets are going up because foreign money is pouring in and bonds are low.

with inflation, expect housing price to continue going up. and Congrats on the new house!

In my post, I wrote "don't buy with a cash offer." If I'm trading a mortgage at 4.75% for a mortgage at 2.6% and I'm both buying and selling at the top of the market, I come out way ahead.

This is only the beginning. As people do the math over the next few years, there is going to be a lot of house trading among people in the upper middle income brackets. Not only that, but refi rates have diverged historically from the conventional house buying rates, precisely because banks have much more to lose with refi. Talk to banks about refi right now and you're a full % point over my mortgage. If that changes, I acknowledge that house buying will lose its current sheen. In talking to bankers, they don't think this dynamic is going to change. The market will stay hot while these rates are historically low.

Last edited:
I would think it would take a 1st round pick to get him but who knows with Bill. What will they pay Jackson if they ship him off? This isn't the same team as before and Jackson will want a massive deal.
based on trades the team has made recently. they will probably end up taking a 5th rd pick in return. :crying:

Probably. Whatever, he is as good as gone. The tanking will commence and thats that.
I could care less if hes traded. Im just horrified at the thought of the team[BB] making trades. whoever it is has clearly lost his touch.

Props to @ChrisR2223 prophesizing this during the offseason. It's trending towards a trade.

I can see it already. We trade Gilmore, then we take that pick, trade it down and get another CB in the second round.

Thank you sir
I said then it’s the most Belichick thing ever.
Especially with JC Jackson emerging and needing paid.

Yes. Nice job! Who pays a 31 year old CB? He is still good but the cliff awaits - :rofl:

Yes. Nice job! Who pays a 31 year old CB? He is still good but the cliff awaits - :rofl:
Unless he’s Law,Woodson, or Bailey, other wise a move to safety ala Devin Mccourty is in his future in 2 years.
Here’s the thing this year he’s already a second behind making a play we could say it’s lack of practice or reps.
The truth is he’s just a second behind that’s the difference between Elite and very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing