PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore’s House on the Market

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would not bee crazy for the Patriots to land a late 1st rounder from a contender for Gilmore.

Remember when a number of posters said Brady putting his house up for sale was not a big deal?

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
I wouldn't read too much into selling houses. This isnt like the Brady situation when that was a big tell. Right now, everyone is looking at the housing market as prices are hugely inflated for sales. I just got a mortgage of 2.6% for 30 years. I bid 4x on houses, each time $50k-100 over asking, and only got a house on the 4th try. Now is the time to sell and the time to buy if you're going to borrow money to do it. Now is not the time for cash offers though.
I hear you, but it’s a little telling. Moving is a pain and unless he’s making a killing, I wouldn’t think he’d do that unless he got an extension and had long-term plans...which seems unlikely.

On another note, congrats on the new house :cool:

Some stats from Mark Daniels:

Interesting on the stat totals, especially given some of the criticism he’s gotten as of late.

Everyone gets criticized more when the offense can't score or move the ball. The defense ends up looking worse because they have to defend so many more plays.

If we lose Sunday and don't trade Gilmore I will be somewhat annoyed. At that point the season will be done and Gilmore likely will be gone next season anyways so rip the band aid off now and get something for him if we are 2-5.

There are a lot of players who may not be patriots between now and the start of the 2021 season. Just to name a few...

-Gilmore

-JMac/DMac

-Cannon

-Edelman

-Hightower

-Chung

-Thuney

I think the Bills game is going to tell us a lot. If we lose, then it's going to be tough to make the playoffs. Bill may decide to clean house.
I agree. The player I'd most want to keep ? Thuney. However, when you consider (1) asking price (2) no deal before the season (3) franchise tag, the writing is on the wall IMO.

Also love me some HT & Chung, but I can't see them returning after a year off (one year older as well) and being their 2018 versions... I suspect they'd look like #11 this year, perhaps.

I'd keep DMac if NE was contending in 2021, but I don't thiunk they rebound that quickly.

I don't know if any of those players are going to fetch much - but never underestimate (1) the stupidity of the avg GM (2) the desperation of some franchises to make the playoffs. I'd take a 2nd rounder from a contender for either Gilmore or Thuney, hope that team slips a bit, and try to get a 2003 (or even 2012) type draft next April.

I wouldn't read too much into selling houses. This isnt like the Brady situation when that was a big tell. Right now, everyone is looking at the housing market as prices are hugely inflated for sales. I just got a mortgage of 2.6% for 30 years. I bid 4x on houses, each time $50k-100 over asking, and only got a house on the 4th try. Now is the time to sell and the time to buy if you're going to borrow money to do it. Now is not the time for cash offers though.
you paid $200k+ over the asking price?

I hear you, but it’s a little telling. Moving is a pain and unless he’s making a killing, I wouldn’t think he’d do that unless he got an extension and had long-term plans...which seems unlikely.

On another note, congrats on the new house :cool:

Thanks--we're excited!

why do reporters waste time asking BB about trades lol

Yikes brother

How can prices be rising when we are in downward spiral economically?

do u like bubbles?

I honestly would not keep Thuney either. As good as he is, I don't see the point in paying absolute top dollar for guards. We're going to need big time cash for DBs and hopefully a FA WR signing. Keep the powder dry, pay for DBs, LBs and WRs.

2-4 football team with a historically bad passing offense ranked bottom 5 in PPG paired with an undermanned front 7 due to opt outs & FA. You then trade the DPOY and what do you think the likely outcome is record wise?

It depends if the team from the first 3 weeks or the one from the last 2 weeks shows up to any given game.

Meant their own pick not one coming back.

Gotcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft