PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore’s House on the Market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seattle comes to mind, their secondary sucks.

And their pass rush which Gilmore undoubtedly helps...I can see Bill dealing him there just to spite Brady lol

Yikes brother

How can prices be rising when we are in downward spiral economically?

do u like bubbles?

Two factors.

#1. Lowest interest rates in history. A $400k house 2 years ago will cost you the same as a $650k house now if you're financing with 25% down. The total payout of principal plus interest is the same. It's driving the market.

#2. I will not talk politics, but it is absolutely a fact that there has been very little loss of high-paying jobs in this economic calamity, mainly because the Fed is backing corporate debt and there's been very few job losses in the corporate management sector. The job cuts have all come in the services and retail sectors, outside of a few industries like travel (i.e. airlines, etc.)

Two factors.

#1. Lowest interest rates in history. A $400k house 2 years ago will cost you the same as a $650k house now if you're financing with 25% down. The total payout of principal plus interest is the same. It's driving the market.

#2. I will not talk politics, but it is absolutely a fact that there has been very little loss of high-paying jobs in this economic calamity, mainly because the Fed is backing corporate debt and there's been very few job losses in the corporate management sector. The job cuts have all come in the services and retail sectors, outside of a few industries like travel (i.e. airlines, etc.)
Ya, i gotcha. Thank you for the info and congrats on the house!

Dont let me be ass. Any asset is as valuable as the person who owns it wants it to be.

EDIT - I asked cause here in Europe things have been going down (real state at least)

Might be hard to get a first rounder for a 30 year old.
Right! And they wouldn't get that. BB knows that and I'm sure that's not his asking price.

Last edited:
Ya, i gotcha. Thank you for the info and congrats on the house!

Dont let me be ass. Any asset is as valuable as the person who owns it wants it to be.

EDIT - I asked cause here in Europe things have been going down (real state at least)

Interesting.

I'm sure you have insanely low rates there too-- I have dual citizenship in Europe and I note that they didn't do what we in the USA did post-2008 (a stimulus bill) to prop up their economy, so maybe rates in Europe never went up like they did in the USA.

Not only are we aware that we are overpaying for our new house, but the real estate agents were telling us flat out that things are going for over and above their own assessments, and far above appraisals. It is a bubble. BUT--financially it makes sense. I have a 4.75% rate on my current home and I have confidence that I can sell it in the spring. This is what is fueling things. At the end of the day, I expect to come out ahead with a lower payment for a better house.

I've felt since last summer that Bill was not necessarily tanking for 2020 but he isn't pushing to have a great season either. He didn't bother to sign Cam until way late and didn't even improve our TE/WR group. Also, no big splashes in the draft. First, this approach helps with our draft stock. People might be laughing at Bill right now, but if we land Fields or Lance, he'll have the last laugh. Second, our team sucks without the Covid opt out players. He probably convinced a bunch of them to sit out the season. He's never been an "in the moment" coach/GM where he makes decisions with only the current year in mind. Like the Chinese government, he probably has a secret 5-year plan hidden somewhere... ;)

Interesting, hadn’t heard about this prior to now:

Obviously his name has been thrown around as a possible trade option but Miguel’s numbers sort of show that given the dead money, it’s basically a split between the cap savings:

Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Gilmore missed voluntary workouts during a covid season where if i am not mistaken he and his family are expecting a baby ? Leave it to volin to pile on.

Gilmore missed voluntary workouts during a covid season where if i am not mistaken he and his family are expecting a baby ? Leave it to volin to pile on.
True, but the "workouts" I believe were virtual...so I'm not sure if that was the case, how that would have caused him to miss them unless it was just a matter of some issue we're unaware of. :confused:

And their pass rush which Gilmore undoubtedly helps...I can see Bill dealing him there just to spite Brady lol

Seattle getting Gilmore wouldn’t suddenly put them over the top. That Bucs offense is loaded.

Interesting.

I'm sure you have insanely low rates there too-- I have dual citizenship in Europe and I note that they didn't do what we in the USA did post-2008 (a stimulus bill) to prop up their economy, so maybe rates in Europe never went up like they did in the USA.

Not only are we aware that we are overpaying for our new house, but the real estate agents were telling us flat out that things are going for over and above their own assessments, and far above appraisals. It is a bubble. BUT--financially it makes sense. I have a 4.75% rate on my current home and I have confidence that I can sell it in the spring. This is what is fueling things. At the end of the day, I expect to come out ahead with a lower payment for a better house.
Well, higher than the States, I think Im sure, especially where Im living now (Portugal), but overall interest has gone down worldwide and here (Europe) is no exception, even without a stimulus package (which actually happened to Portugal back then as well, just a fyi)

Just the fact that you have a plan probably makes u one step ahead of the average person ( and, just to put all my thoughts on this, American behaviour over expending is very interesting, truly, when compared to other places). I believe your words and the only thing i can tell you is enjoy the house UpS, for reals :)

Ask your monarchs for a tax cut and a $4 a gallon reduction in gas pump prices.

Seattle getting Gilmore wouldn’t suddenly put them over the top. That Bucs offense is loaded.
I always kind of wondered if sb1 and TommyBrady12 were the same person. It appears so now. You quoted something TommyBrady12 posted, but it says sb1. They've finally merged into one consciousness! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Was that me you were replying to? That quote reference is to some other quote that I don’t think came from me

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian

Yes, but their oline is just average IMO. In the games that they've won there was almost no pass rush from their opponents. All Brady has done so far is throw to the wide open guy and he gets a clean pocket to do so every time. Seattle getting Gilmore and Adams back will help their rushers get to the QB a bit. Seattle vs Tampa would be a great NFCCG.

Yes, but their oline is just average IMO. In the games that they've won there was almost no pass rush from their opponents. All Brady has done so far is throw to the wide open guy and he gets a clean pocket to do so every time. Seattle getting Gilmore and Adams back will help their rushers get to the QB a bit. Seattle vs Tampa would be a great NFCCG.
Some terrible analysis on your part. I guess its tough to comment about Brady without a backhanded or disparaging comment.

Some terrible analysis on your part. I guess its tough to comment about Brady without a backhanded or disparaging comment.
He wants to see Brady fail, so you're wasting your time. Don't say I didn't warn you when this inevitably takes you down the rabbit hole. Lol

Some terrible reading comprehension on your part. Tell me, what good pass rushing teams has Brady beaten so far? Oakland and Carolina are at the bottom of the league in sacks. Green Bay is middle of the pack. All I'm saying is Gilmore would help the Seattle pass rush. I never once said Gilmore was going to put the Seahawks over the top over the Bucs, as NYCPats inferred. I gave an honest opinion on their oline, which struggled against the Saints and Bears. I also said an NFCCG between the Bucs and Seahawks would be epic, which means I am assuming Brady would play well. Some of you are so sensitive. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
He's one of those "fans" that is rooting for Brady to fail and wants to argue with everyone about how he sucks.

While we're on the topic of home sales...Cannon's home was listed at $1.1 million on 8/27, then lowered to $1 million on 9/6, and then sold for $965,000 on 10/15.
It’s a trick to not even get asking price. Every home around here sells at above the ask in this crazy market

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes