PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gary Kubiak to step down as Denver Broncos' HC for health reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people acting like Denver is some top job? Elways ego is out of control and the QB situation is a disaster.

Wade Phillips will probably be gone now too.

Denver might not even be in the top 3 most attractive jobs open this season, if you're going to almost push the guy out the door 12 months after winning the Super Bowl no one is going to get any time there, that's 2 guys gone within a year or two of playing in a Super Bowl with Elway as GM.

Kubiak left cause Elway wanted him to make changes.

He'll get the best out of a talented team like that. Really, all they need is a coach and QB.
Nah, no disrespect, but at this point he's an old man who doesn't seem as if he gets very much out of players at all.

Interesting, didn't see that coming...elway a little impatient? New qbs and now another head coach....starting to look like the jets or bills....
He is quitting because of his health.

He is quitting because of his health.

Not really that's just a cover up according to guys like Klis who are in the Denver media he walked away rather than fire and make changes to his staff, the health thing is just nice way to put a bow on it.

News this morning in Denver is that this is more a health decision than anything, makes sense, the heath issues this year and the mini stroke a few years ago in Houston. You gotta stay healthy and being a NFL coach is not a good road for that.

A good guy really.

Mike Shannahan wants to coach again very badly. Can anyone see Elway giving him a job.
I thought mike shanahan just announced that teams should consider his son and not him.

Not really that's just a cover up according to guys like Klis who are in the Denver media he walked away rather than fire and make changes to his staff, the health thing is just nice way to put a bow on it.
His health issues are very real.
Why would he quit to protect the jobs of guys who will now lose them because he quit?
Seems like anti elway speculation.

i just read everything Klis wrote in this and he does not say what you posted here at all.

I have the unfortunate experience of having to watch Klis on the news each night, I really think the guy is a total idiot.

Klis live just now said he expects Phillips to depart also if Kubes goes. Thats probably bigger news if it happens. He things they will look at the Raiders OC Bill Musgrave or Possible Rick Dennison. Oh and he stated clearly that this is a health decision.

NOw I still Klis is an idiot but he has pretty dam good connections into the organization.

Last edited:
Why are people acting like Denver is some top job? Elways ego is out of control and the QB situation is a disaster.

Wade Phillips will probably be gone now too.

Denver might not even be in the top 3 most attractive jobs open this season, if you're going to almost push the guy out the door 12 months after winning the Super Bowl no one is going to get any time there, that's 2 guys gone within a year or two of playing in a Super Bowl with Elway as GM.

Kubiak left cause Elway wanted him to make changes.
Schefter just said "this is 100% due to health" so your idea that it's a sham excuse looks wrong.

His offense has been somewhat basic, with an emphasis on the running game. He sucked in Houston and that offense limits QB development in the modern passing NFL. I was hoping he'd stay in Denver for the next several years.

Can you post a link to this claim? I see where TV reporter Mike Klis interviewed Elway, but I don't see what your post claims.

Also, Denver Boncos fans are officially douchebags for posting this petition to fire Kubiak not even 12 months after winning the Super Bowl and the impact of transitioning from Manning to untested QBs. No perspective whatsoever on what happens when you draft 32nd and guys leave in the wake of a championship:

John Elway: Fire Gary Kubiak, get a better offensive line! Siemian is our future!

Damn...I've never said a bad word about Gary Kubiak. In fact, he was the only guy I was somewhat happy for when they won the SB.

Too bad... great coach, great man, great competitor. I'm sure Belichick would not disagree and I suspect there is ton of respect between them. He actually was one of the two main factors in Denver SB win last year, the other one being extreme luck :). I wish him all the best.

Last edited:
Not zero… Sometimes the news of a coach leaving has exactly the opposite effect.
That all depends on whether the players like the coach or not. They seem to love Kubiak, so I can't imagine they'll do anything but bust their asses.

I could be wrong, of course. It's happened a time or two. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes