PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gary Kubiak to step down as Denver Broncos' HC for health reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

manxman2601

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
per Schefter

Interesting, didn't see that coming...elway a little impatient? New qbs and now another head coach....starting to look like the jets or bills....

Wow. This one is too bad. Kubiak has done a great job in Denver balancing ownership, a very high profile president/GM, big egos, and developing players and assistants. He took on a tough job with the expansion Texans and got them to two playoffs, winning a game both times, and managed a complex situation in winning the SB last year.

He never caught our attention with any bombast or shenanigans like certain other AFC rival head coaches. Maybe the worst were the football team jackets that were really a unity of purpose motivator as they came to Gillette to knock off a legend.

I wish him well as (if) he steps down from a very demanding situation. I hope the heart and blood vessel problems he faces are not debilitating or life threatening. His absence with a "complex migraine" was scary. That can mean stroke or other issue threatening his long-term health. Best wishes to him and his family.

Last edited:
Rumors of kyle shanahan taking over

Adam Gase's success in Miami is a testament to Kubiak's organization and thinking

What?

Gase never worked under Kubiak. McDaniels hired him in '09 as a WR coach. He stayed on when Fox came in as the QB coach and then got promoted to OC after McCoy got hired by the Chargers and got fired when the Broncos made the change to Kubiak and he went to the Bears with Fox.

Kubiak has zero to do with Gase.

I think many Denver fans will be happy to see that. They are complaining a lot about Kubiak this year. I've seen quite a number of comments that attribute the title last year more to Wade Phillips than Kubiak.

I think many Denver fans will be happy to see that. They are complaining a lot about Kubiak this year. I've seen quite a number of comments that attribute the title last year more to Wade Phillips than Kubiak.
They will soon learn just how hard it is to find a competent Coach.

Wade Phillips is a pretty good DC

He is a crappy HC

What?

Gase never worked under Kubiak. McDaniels hired him in '09 as a WR coach. He stayed on when Fox came in as the QB coach and then got promoted to OC after McCoy got hired by the Chargers and got fired when the Broncos made the change to Kubiak and he went to the Bears with Fox.

Kubiak has zero to do with Gase.

You're right. Fixed.

Mike Shannahan wants to coach again very badly. Can anyone see Elway giving him a job.

I hope Kubiak can get healthy and have a good time in retirement, he's a good guy, respectable coach.

With that being said, Rex Ryan to Denver pls :p

Play for the coach tonight guys...unless he says to lose to stick it to NE. In that case ignore him ;).

Seriously sad to hear. He's one of the few men left coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back