PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gardner Minshew as a possible Pats QB?

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this Reddit thread about him...

Obviously he's not in the Jags plans, and he had some good games before he got injured. Plus he's young, and would probably be cheap.

4t2wv1.gif

Good God No!

Seems like a good backup/bridge guy...maybe could have a Fitzpatrick type of career since all his teammates like him and he’s a good leader with competent skills. But not enough talent to hitch your wagon to.

I think signing Minshew, drafting Waddle with #15 and then trading up to also draft Mac Jones would be an awesome setup.

He’s fun to watch, but you’ll go 7-9, 8-8, etc. and certainly won’t win a championship with him. Like @PatsWSB47 said, very inconsistent player who will make the season interesting each year with a good game here and there but won’t ever be an elite player.

Still amazed Jacksonville bailed on Foles before he ever really got started and quickly hitched their wagon to Minshew...it’s crazy. Had they not gotten the #1 pick, their future would have seemingly remained pretty awful. Although, they’ll probably still mess it up :rolleyes:

I don't think Cam to Minshew is really enough of an upgrade to make it worth bringing him in.

What about Darnold?

He might be cheaper?

He's got a 42 on the Wonderlic, so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

He’s fun to watch, but you’ll go 7-9, 8-8, etc. and certainly won’t win a championship with him. Like @PatsWSB47 said, very inconsistent player who will make the season interesting each year with a good game here and there but won’t ever be an elite player.

Still amazed Jacksonville bailed on Foles before he ever really got started and quickly hitched their wagon to Minshew...it’s crazy. Had they not gotten the #1 pick, their future would have seemingly remained pretty awful. Although, they’ll probably still mess it up :rolleyes:
The #1 pick isn’t saving them.

I would be fine with him as a bridge QB. Reaching in the draft makes no sense given all the holes we have. And a veteran doesn't mke a lot of sense given that this offense is in shambles and will take years to rebuild into a SuperBowl caliber offense. Besides, why would a QB want to come to a team with no offensive weapons outside of Harris, Meyers and 35 year old Edleman?

Last edited:
I’d personally rather give Cam a chance since both suck.
No. We think Gardner might blow. We know - to the point of metaphysical certainty - that Cam blows. There will be a lot of fully justified anger around here if they waste another moment on Cam. And please don't waste my time rattling on about how f----g charming he is, or how much you like his f---g hats. I couldn't care less: we're looking for a quarterback. Besides you can always cultivate a man crush on Gardner if you must. Regarding him, I think we can do better. Cam? We couldn't possibly do worse.

4 important questions must be answered before Bill signs off

1) Is he cheap
2) Will he publicly state that Bill has a direct line to the Almighty
3) Can he absorb the bulk of the playbook quickly....QB sneak left, QB sneak right, QB sneak up the middle
4) Does he require WRs and TEs

Doesn't move the needle for me...but if it's between him and Stiddy....OK then....(shrugs)

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back