PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gardner Minshew as a possible Pats QB?

What about Darnold?

He might be cheaper?
Darnold looks as broken as Rosen to me. Both can throw (Rosen's got a great arm), but I don't know that either will ever be fixed.

I'd go with Brissett over either of them at this point.

Darnold looks as broken as Rosen to me. Both can throw (Rosen's got a great arm), but I don't know that either will ever be fixed.

I'd go with Brissett over either of them at this point.

Brisset might cost too much.

But, Im not opposed to signing him up long term big money contract as the Pats hire and fire different QBs the next 3 years.

I’m looking at the playoffs starting this weekend and you know what I see? I see a lot of upper tier starting QBs like Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Jackson, Allen, Brees. I see a few mid tier guys like Tannehill, Rivers, Goff, Mayfield, Smith. I see one lower tier guy in Trabisky (who’s played well last half of the season).

From what I can gather the best way to the post season is to have a good to great QB. Minshew is not the answer.

He's got a 42 on the Wonderlic, so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

FinishedDistantHartebeest-size_restricted.gif

Stidham got a 26 - might explain taking a little longer to learn the playbook? :whistle:
26 is quite good in a line of work where people knock one another senseless for hours at a time. I mean, let's not pretend this isn't a bloodsport.

naah

If Fitzy comes, we should hire Ben Watson as a receiver coach. (he also had a 48)
Way things are going, they're morelikely to try him out again as a TE. Lord knows they can't DRAFT one.

I don't think Cam to Minshew is really enough of an upgrade to make it worth bringing him in.
Odd. Most fans actually watched the games this year. :whistle:

Only if that stable of receivers comes with him.
Who drafted Jacks receivers they did a great job.

No. We think Gardner might blow. We know - to the point of metaphysical certainty - that Cam blows. There will be a lot of fully justified anger around here if they waste another moment on Cam. And please don't waste my time rattling on about how f----g charming he is, or how much you like his f---g hats. I couldn't care less: we're looking for a quarterback. Besides you can always cultivate a man crush on Gardner if you must. Regarding him, I think we can do better. Cam? We couldn't possibly do worse.
this point is important

Cam had a year under BB to show what's up....Gardner has not, i have enough faith in BB as a coach to be able to really turn a QB around that was dumpster fire someplace else

I’m looking at the playoffs starting this weekend and you know what I see? I see a lot of upper tier starting QBs like Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Jackson, Allen, Brees. I see a few mid tier guys like Tannehill, Rivers, Goff, Mayfield, Smith. I see one lower tier guy in Trabisky (who’s played well last half of the season).

From what I can gather the best way to the post season is to have a good to great QB. Minshew is not the answer.
Why would you put a RB among the top tier QBs? ;)

All kidding aside, this is one of the best examples of why a great QB is more valuable than a great HC, but having both is probably best.

Well, both Edelman & Jacoby had EXCELLENT years passing the ball this year ! One’s a vet, one’s a youngster. Yes !

here we go again

I'm in! Draft some damn run stoppers and pass rushers.

No. Draft the QB of the future or punt on the year and try to build back the core of this team through the draft and free agency and look for a QB next year. But if you aren't going to invest in a QB now, then don't waste anybody's time trying to act like we are winning in 2021. Commit to one action.

Minshew isn't the answer

What is the motivation for Jacksonville to let Minshew go? He has two years remaining on his contract and is getting paid a 6th round rookie contract wage... they aren't letting him go.

We'd be lucky to get him if they did though. His situation reminds me a lot of Drew Brees back before he went from the Chargers to the Saints. Despite playing well, GM's and coaches weren't sold on Brees because he wasn't prototypically tall or fit the mold of a starter. Nick Saban in Miami famously chose Daunte Culpepper over Brees, a bad decision that ended his professional career.

Minshew is a gamer, he's a good QB on a terrible team with a terrible O-Line and he's cheap. We'd be lucky to have him, especially have him as a bridge guy with a rookie in the chute. Football is a TEAM sport, the Jags weren't 1-15 because of Gardner, they were horrible because they're a horrible team.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back