PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garcia cut!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if rivers doesn’t pan out this could be BBs worst draft class of all time.
Worse than that awful stretch during the ‘06 and ‘07 drafts? Come to think of it, ‘08 wasn’t that great either, outside of a short window for Jerod Mayo.

That 3 year stretch would be tough to beat, although I hear you about last year, too. Outside of a year of Cooks, we didn’t get much of anything.

I wouldn't bank on Rivers making the roster either, although I expect he at least makes it to the preseason.

These 3rd round picks have been burning us with injuries (among other things) for over a decade now, dating back to (off the top of my head) David Thomas. I don't think these guys even had medical red flags coming out of college either. Just bad luck and possibly a problem with our conditioning program.
GUERRERO INVASION

I'm thinking this is more like a three-year-old demanding attention.

I think you are half right...

200.gif

What is it with this guy and all of his negative ratings?
If you click disagree or dislike it is to get someone's attention (unless he or she is obviously
being a disruptive troll) so state a reason...

Back to Garcia - I thought he recently cut a video stating how good he was feeling and excited he was to get back to work.

Worse than that awful stretch during the ‘06 and ‘07 drafts? Come to think of it, ‘08 wasn’t that great either, outside of a short window for Jerod Mayo.

That 3 year stretch would be tough to beat, although I hear you about last year, too. Outside of a year of Cooks, we didn’t get much of anything.

Got a year of Cooks for $1.56M and a higher first-rounder back, so that's a wash.

Then, it's Wise, Gillislee and Rivers (TBD). Did kind of okay with UDFA's though. Maybe.

I wouldn't bank on Rivers making the roster either, although I expect he at least makes it to the preseason.

These 3rd round picks have been burning us with injuries (among other things) for over a decade now, dating back to (off the top of my head) David Thomas. I don't think these guys even had medical red flags coming out of college either. Just bad luck and possibly a problem with our conditioning program.
I would be shocked if Rivers didn’t make the roster. He tore his ACL there should be no lingering issues. Also, when you look at the approach to the draft it was evident that they didn’t plan on having Garcia.

I would be shocked if Rivers didn’t make the roster. He tore his ACL there should be no lingering issues. Also, when you look at the approach to the draft it was evident that they didn’t plan on having Garcia.
We just need Rivers to make the hall of fame and be a career Patriot to balance out

I think it was a surprise. Not just because Garcia himself was saying that he was raring to go, but would they have cut the lineman, King, if they knew that a slot would open with Garcia the next day?

Third round picks only get 1 or 2 years of sitting around doing nothing before they get cut, so if Rivers isn't one of the best 53, his draft status won't save him. I see no reason to believe a third round pick who missed his rookie season is a lock. It's not like he was dominating in camp last year. From what I remember, he was extremely raw.

Belichick has hit on a number of draft picks but overall the draft isn’t his strength. The thing that sets Belichick apart is his ability to acquire players who came into the league as high draft picks but have failed to live up to expectations.

We just need Rivers to make the hall of fame and be a career Patriot to balance out
We got back our first round pick and used it this year, so if Rivers and Wynn are good players and Wise continues to develop it won’t be that bad of a draft class.

Third round picks only get 1 or 2 years of sitting around doing nothing before they get cut, so if Rivers isn't one of the best 53, his draft status won't save him. I see no reason to believe a third round pick who missed his rookie season is a lock. It's not like he was dominating in camp last year. From what I remember, he was extremely raw.
I’m not basing it on draft status. He is a very good player when healthy.

Sucks for Garcia..

That being said Wynn, Thuney (if the foot surgery succeeds without issues), Andrews, Mason, Cannon has the potential to be one of the very best OLs in football.

Sucks for Garcia..

That being said Wynn, Thuney (if the foot surgery succeeds without issues), Andrews, Mason, Cannon has the potential to be one of the very best OLs in football.
Wynn, Thuney, Cannon, and Brown have to recover from their injuries.

Why the F#CK do the Patriots end up with so many guys on the nonfootball injury list? And no, I don't have a list of guys but it seems they always have people on that list, and they draft guys that never end up playing a down due to injury...
He did have a low score on the PFF Blood Clot Index....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back