PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Garcia cut!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the F#CK do the Patriots end up with so many guys on the nonfootball injury list? And no, I don't have a list of guys but it seems they always have people on that list, and they draft guys that never end up playing a down due to injury...

Can’t blame the patriots on this one. This wasn’t a “injury risk” player on whom they took a chance. Sounds like this came out of the blue.

Last edited:
Well if rivers doesn’t pan out this could be BBs worst draft class of all time.

2007 would be worse. 12 players and only one of them even saw the field for the Pats, IIRC. I look at this draft class the way I do that 2007 class. For whatever reason, Bill Belichick just looked at the players available and said "feh." He basically used most of that draft capital on trading for non-rookie players.

2017 Draft

1st round pick for essentially 1 year of Brandin Cooks + 5 years of Isaiah Wynn

Trading assets for Kony Ealy, Dwayne Allen, James O’Shaughnessy & Mike Gillislee

Antonio Garcia RD 3
Derek Rivers RD 3
Deatrich Wise RD 4
Connor McDermott RD 6

BB’s most..interesting use of one year’s worth of draft capital to date. It can still be solid pending Wynn, Rivers & Wise.

These 3rd round picks have been burning us with injuries (among other things) for over a decade now, dating back to (off the top of my head) David Thomas. I don't think these guys even had medical red flags coming out of college either. Just bad luck and possibly a problem with our conditioning program.

Blame Belichick for that. Thomas broke his foot in 2007, and, despite having arguably the most stacked roster of all time, and having the luxury of leaving him on PUP for six weeks, Belichick activated him before the season started . . . and then he reinjured the foot.

I am actually so gutted for him. He seemed like such a good player coming to us when the draft happened. I really just hope his Health is okay, and that he won't have a life long problems with the Blood Clots.

Hope he can find a good job for himself or find some way into football

Not surprised.....I suspected something like this when we loaded up on OL-men in the off-season.

With Thuney's foot surgery...I think we might be looking at a week 1 line up of:

Cannon, Wynn, Andrews, Mason, and Brown.

Not surprised.....I suspected something like this when we loaded up on OL-men in the off-season.

With Thuney's foot surgery...I think we might be looking at a week 1 line up of:

With Waddle as a nice backup swing tackle option.

Hopefully, Hoyer won't be quarterback for week two after Brady has to play
behind a lousy offensive line.

Without seeing any data, I'm not convinced that they do. Unless you're up to date every time another team places a 3rd rounder who didn't play his whole rookie season on the NFI list? I think we're just aware of each instance here because we follow the team.

Yeah we just don't pay attention as much when other teams lose players. It's like last season when someone was throwing a fit about how the Patriots always have the worst luck with injuries, and this was shortly after the Texans lost JJ Watt and Whitney Mercilus on the same series.

Sucks for Garcia. Hopefully it's not because of a bad medical diagnosis.

Well if rivers doesn’t pan out this could be BBs worst draft class of all time.

Maybe the most "bad luck" draft class. First, Goodell confiscates the Pats 4th-rounder for "Deflategate". Garcia passed all of his physicals, including the Combine med-check, so no one knew until Camp started. Rivers tore his ACL in a pre-season, non-contact drill (had not been previously injury-prone, AFAIK). O'Shaugnessy re-injured Mitchell's knee in the 3rd pre-season game. UDFA Langi gets in a car wreck that clearly wasn't his fault.

Not a lot here to blame BB for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes