Game Thoughts: Congratulations to the Patriots Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here we go:
  • First, I want to thank Arthur Blank to rush down on the field in the fourth quarter to make sure he and his wife were among the first people to congratulate the Patriots on their victory. In all seriousness, Blank was one of the owners who spoke up against the Patriots on Deflategate. It was joyful to watch him as his team executed the worst choke joke in Super Bowl history.
  • This felt like the final fight in Rocky III. The Falcons were Clubber Lang and kept on throwing hail makers at the Patriots' Rocky. Sure they landed a lot of tough blows early and the Pats like Rocky looked out of it, but they burnt themselves out down the stretch like Clubber Lang did in that fight. By the fourth quarter, the Falcon pass rush was almost non-existent and the secondary couldn't cover the Patriots' WRs.
  • I have argued all year that James White is the best receiving RB on this team even over Dion Lewis. He might have backed my assertion with an exclamation point tonight. No offense to the GOAT, but I felt White deserved the Super Bowl MVP tonight.
  • The time of possession is usually an overrated stat, but tonight it was key. As to my last point, the Falcons' defense being on the field for so long really killed them in the end.
  • I think finally the defense will get its due. Sure they gave up three TDs to Atlanta, but that is far fewer than most teams and I don't think any team really gave Matt Ryan fits.
  • After watching David Tyree catch a lucky catch with his helmet and Jermaine Kearse catching a lucky catch that bounced on his legs rather than the ground in the Super Bowl against the Patriots, it was sure fun to watch Edelman catch a stellar, but somewhat lucky catch in the Patriots favor.
  • I love the lack of quit on this team. Most teams would have turtled being down 21-3 at the half and 28-3 midway through the third quarter. Not this team. They stepped up.
  • I am so excited to see what Malcolm Mitchell becomes. Another solid game from the guy. If he has a typical WR second year jump, he will be starting opposite Edelman.
  • Julio Jones is a freak of nature. I feel other than one blown coverage on him, the Pats did an excellent job covering him. Yet, that didn't stop him for making a couple of the most spectacular catches I have ever seen in tight coverage.
  • Very disappointed that Brady and Belichick showed class and were cordial to Goodell after the game. It shows they are above that ass, but I still think they should show Goodell the same respect he gave them.

Tell me if this looks familiar.

video doesn't play, Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes