PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Friday's Game

PatsGuy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Aside from gauging the status of the Pats rooks and the team as a whole, I'll also be watching the Eagle QB;s mainly Vick and Foles. Apparently neither have taken control and as such the murkiness is grist for the mill for the Eagle message board, WIP and the national "pundits"

Aside from gauging the status of the Pats rooks and the team as a whole, I'll also be watching the Eagle QB;s mainly Vick and Foles. Apparently neither have taken control and as such the murkiness is grist for the mill for the Eagle message board, WIP and the national "pundits"

i won't be watching them at all...too much going on on the pats roster right now to pay any attention to the dog killer

Shoot a video and share it with me too, here or you can also PM me.

for a rookie thrown into the middle of a team executing poorly, Foles did real well. He averaged 247 yards per game, had mroe Tds than INTs and around an 80 QB rating.

I go back and forth with the desire to watch the preseason games.

Part of me wants to watch of course, and the other part of me simply wants to game to end so that I know that everyone remains uninjured and intact.

Not much good can come from the preseason in my opinion, aside from watching a glorified practice to see the development of some rookies/roster battles.

I too worry about injuries, the fragile acl in particular, but I love the preseason. It shakes off the rust and they are necessary to test out certain schemes etc. I will never forget the beating the bengals put on us one year and i feel that one loss went a long way in putting us on the right path to a successful season.

Most are looking forward to seeing the wrs Friday, but my eye will be gravitating towards the backup lbs. I am dying to see fletcher, collins, and steve b. Followed by the dline and safeties.

Also, if anyone is wondering why I am not dying with anticipation for the wrs is because of the play of bam childress, terrence nunn, and taylor price. These new guys will have to look like superman before i jump on that train.

Does anyone know if the game will be televised on Cox (hehe) in RI?

for a rookie thrown into the middle of a team executing poorly, Foles did real well. He averaged 247 yards per game, had mroe Tds than INTs and around an 80 QB rating.

He doesn't seem like a very natural fit in Kelly's offense, though. Vick seems like the better fit of the two.

I'm excited to watch football for the first time since the SB. I'm so football starved I don't care that these games don't count. Here's what I'll be looking for:

1. Chandler Jones - we really need him to become a force as a pass rusher to open thigs up for our other rushers. He was good last year but we need him to jump into elite category. He added weight this offseason so I want to see if he looks different and/or plays differently.

2. Rookie WRs and Suds. We've heard soooo much about them. Can't wait to see them play.

3. Starting OL play - really need them to play excellent from game 1 on. I think they'll be up to the task.

4. Mallet - he's had mostly positive reviews in TC. Would like to see him lead a couple of scoring drivings and not turn the ball over.

5. Hightower / Collins - does Hightower improve? Sounds like he's been a bit more comfortable in the D in TC. Lets see how it translates. We've heard that Collins can rush the passer and cover TE / RBs. I want to see his athleticism in action.

Pretty much the only thing that I care about in preseason games is that we get through them without significant injuries.

Come for the beer and pizza. Stay for the line play.

Speculation on twitter that we won't see McCourty because of his red shirt which further weakens the secondary.

Cant wait to be reminded of how much I don't care for preseason games!

Cant wait to be reminded of how much I don't care for preseason games!

But I still paid to sit on the 50 yard line on the Patriots' side. Sometimes it's more interesting to see what isn't on TV, like the last time they played here and a rookie Edelman was repeatedly telling Joey Galloway where to line up. It didn't bode well that Galloway did not understand the play book and he was soon gone.

excited to see the WRs.....no injuries please!

can't wait...23 seconds of action....9 minutes of HBO ads,NFLN ads, Buffalo Wild Wings ads after ads...back to another 20 seconds of action...rinse ...repeat

can't wait...23 seconds of action....9 minutes of HBO ads,NFLN ads, Buffalo Wild Wings ads after ads...back to another 20 seconds of action...rinse ...repeat

The plot of my 3rd honeymoon to a tee.

In many ways this is the most exciting game of the year for me. This is a chance to unwrap the presents and also we get a chance to see players that wll play little (hopefully) during the regular season such as Mallet. I love the preseason, except the last pre-season game which is usually a joke.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back