PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Colts CB Vontae Davis medically cleared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never come to the Pats. It's no fun and you have to work really, really hard.
Yeah. Anyone who thinks they can enjoy themselves after winning just one Super Bowl will have a rude awakening.

Belichick won't sign a corner! He wants a 3rd round compensatory pick for Butler!

You're probably not serious, but it is worth noting that Davis wouldn't count towards the compensatory selection formula.

You're probably not serious, but it is worth noting that Davis wouldn't count towards the compensatory selection formula.

As a reminder: in order to count in the comp pick formula, a player:

* Must have been signed to a contract on the last day of the prior league year;
* Must reach FA on the first day of free agency;
* Must have done so as the result of an expiring contract (declined options do count); and
* Must receive a contract ranking in the top 50 percent of all players by average annual value.

There are other rules, but if any of the above are not true, the player doesn't count as a FA lost or a FA signed.

This guy has us taking Sheldon Richardson, Vonte Davis, Bowman, keeping Burkhead.

Drafting M.J. Stewart (CB- physical, tight coverage, +locating ball, nickel? )

Dorian O'Daniel (LB/OLB, good coverage guy)

Arden Key

Okorafor (OT raw but tons of talent there. still learning but he's an athlete),

Ballage (straight away runner, very good rec RB, h/w speed freak)

He also has us wanting Lauletta and then Denver taking him the pick ahead of us resulting in a trade down and no QB drafted. (well, not before the 6th or 7th).

Last edited:
I hate Rivals getting stronger.
This is a solid signing bet the money is under 6 mill

Lets see if he even survives training camp or gets cut at the end of it. We have seen this playing out so many times..

Lets see if he even survives training camp or gets cut at the end of it. We have seen this playing out so many times..
Out of any of the recent signings on rival teams, Vontae Davis is one that concerns me very little. I don’t see much difference between him being on the Colts or the Bills.

That said, I do think that guys like Peters or Davis could’ve helped our secondary in a winning culture more than where they ended up at, but ultimately, Belichick didn’t feel as though the cost was worth it.

That said, I do think that guys like Peters or Davis could’ve helped our secondary in a winning culture more than where they ended up at, but ultimately, Belichick didn’t feel as though the cost was worth it.

I dont think any FA additions to the secondary (except maybe for cheap veteran bodies) make sense this offseason. Ignoring how it ended in the SB having Gilmore/Butler was a luxury this year we knew would only be a one year thing. So anyone expecting impact additions outside lucky draft picks is in for a disappointment.

Last edited:
I dont think any FA additions to the secondary (except maybe for cheap veteran bodies) make sense this offseason. Ignoring how it ended in the SB having Gilmore/Butler was a luxury this year we knew would only be a one year thing. So anyone expecting impact addition outside lucky draft picks is in for a disappointment.
I guess it depends on one’s definition of the value of a second round pick on a 2 year rental, because at 10m total, one can argue that Peters may have been worth it.

That’s for better minds than me to figure out, and Belichick obviously disagreed, so I’m not going to question him, but I think that this was a rare case where we could’ve afforded two lockdown CBs.

That
I guess it depends on one’s definition of the value of a second round pick on a 2 year rental, because at 10m total, one can argue that Peters may have been worth it.

That’s for better minds than me to figure out, and Belichick obviously disagreed, so I’m not going to question him, but I think that this was a rare case where we could’ve afforded two lockdown CBs.

Maybe KC wouldn't of traded him in the AFC unless it was for a first which no one would of gave.

That

Maybe KC wouldn't of traded him in the AFC unless it was for a first which no one would of gave.

Except maybe the Browns or the Bills. Both teams seem to live for opportunities to blow several of their annual 12 gazillion draft picks making headline-grabbing player acquisitions that inevitably become epic-fails.

After giving up 41 points to a backup QB in the super bowl this team needs to get better defensively. I like Hightower but you know the guy will be on the injury report or miss some games. They need LBs, a corner, and a player on the DL.

After giving up 41 points to a backup QB in the super bowl this team needs to get better defensively. I like Hightower but you know the guy will be on the injury report or miss some games. They need LBs, a corner, and a player on the DL.

The defense needs to improve, yes.

Calling Foles "a backup QB" seems like reaching to make a point that virtually the entire universe has already accepted.

Craven's future in football remains unsettled. Probably worth an interview/tryout if released, though.
From what I can tell from local D.C. Sports talk radio he's a possible head case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back