PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fly the colors or hit them where it hurts.

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should we buy championship gear because this team is special or continue protesting the corrupt NFL

• of course. don't let Fraudger Gotohell ruin your enjoyment of the GOATS

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • the only way to change things is to hit them where it hurts. the wallet

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Hartford so it's going to the local sports store if I grow weak and say eh morals are for losers anyway.

Meh....if it makes you happy you should do it. Who gives a F what other people think.

I am facing a huge conundrum right now. On one hand I love this team so much and everything they represent team work, heart, mental toughness and do your job. I want to buy all the championship gear and proudly wear it everywhere defending the wall. Two years ago I spent like 150 dollars on hats and t-shirts for myself the wife and kid. I would happily do it again this year because Superbowl stuff is once in a lifetime for most fans but we are so lucky we have gotten 5!

The problem? Since then the wells report has come out, Gotohell has lied, and the Pats have been fined and penalized an obcene amount opening my eyes to what a despicable corrupt vile lying organization they are. I can not support something I feel so strongly against yet sadly the team I admire so much is part of that greedy cesspool of 32. I do not want them to ever again get a dime of my money.

Yet here I am....torn what to do with another championship to celebrate. Do I give in and let the 32 have all they care about by buying hats and t-shirts? Or do I stick to the only way I can protest and hit the !#%*€$& where it hurts...the wallet?

Its funny. I just made a FB post expressing these exact sentiments. I 100% agree with you and will not by any official NFL gear as long as Goodell is in charge period. I used to buy one authentic $400 dollar jersey every season too. Not any more....Gifts and knock-offs will be all that exist on this body!

I'm going to buy the Nike championship hoodie. I don't give a fk about Roger anymore, for all I care is winning last night just destroyed his legacy.

I spent close to $150 each year on pats gear and I am not going to stop. The championship hoodie is gonna be a collector item for me.

And that attitude is why it has no chance. You're right by myself the NFL could give a damn about my opinion, my viewing games, or my money. It's one person out of millions and doesn't move the bottom line one iota. How many people out there not watching a game they would have before or not buying that Shirt stamped with the NFL logo for a family member at Christmas would it take for them to notice? 10,000? 100,000? A million? I have no idea but I am hoping and praying enough people are as appalled at the lack of justice and the slandering of one of the best men to walk this planet as I am to join in. Not totally giving it up that's unreasonable but not watching non patriot games, not buying a New Jersey, having one less beer at the games. If everyone in NE did that? It would hurt them the only way we can and I desperately want to legally hurt them.
That's fine if that's what you want to do. I do not agree. I like football, I have no interest in the NFL getting run out of business.
They railroaded an innocent man, and that innocent man served his suspension like a man, and came back and overcame it by winning the SB. I'd love to see Brady publicly exonerate, and Goodell fired. But given that there is no chance of that, I prefer for there to continue to be an NFL, and if they have something I wish to view or purchase I am not going to forgo it based upon the misguided belief that it would change anything, particularly that we can't get back what was already taken away.
I prefer an NFL led by a moron, to no NFL at all.

Two years ago, I went to EBay and found a couple of sellers from whom I bought
a The Butler Did It sweatshirt showing the interception, and a They Hate us 'Cause They Ain't Us tee-shirt & hoodie.

The best part of my purchases? The NYJFL didn't get a feckin dime from those sales.

I'll be doing the same thing later this week, and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I buy will be NYJFL-licenced.

I haven't purchased anything since deflategate. I do own a nice knock off Wilfork Jersey though. Got it off of Ebay.

The last real Jersey I purchase was before Deflategate and it was an Edelman Jersey for my son.

Barstoolsports is the way to go... Goodell clown shirt.

Also, in the message to be attached at delivery I put **** ROGER GOODELL. I figure whoever processes my order will get a smile from it.

I'm going to do this.

Unrelated but a couple people thought I was wearing a falcons jersey because I have a Red Gronkowski throwback jersey on today. I said it before but I think the only one I would consider getting is a Blue Devin McCourty Super Bowl jersey.

Yeah, after the game, I walked out to my truck and someone saw my red Faulk throwback jersey and asked who I had rooted for. He must have thought I had a Falcons jersey on...I said Pats and he slumped his shoulders. That was a sad, sad man.

EDIT - Also, I buy knockoff jerseys from China. I'm 2 for 3 on the quality, but for $25 a pop or so, it's worth the risk.

Well, I bought a Brady Michigan jersey and wore it this season. I still have a Brady jersey from 2002 that I will wear again next year. I plan on getting the SB hat and Blu ray......maybe a SB 51 jersey

Just get one of the many bootlegs on Ebay. Even if you get official merchandise. It will look like crap 10 years from now anyway. Might as well save some cash and keep money out of the NFL's pockets.

I haven't been into that stuff since the beginning of the run. After all the Boston titles the novelty has worn off. I'm not much of a t-shirt and hat guy anyway.

You'll have to wait to buy a shirt. Mrs RW swung by the Pro Shop at 10am to pick up shirts for the kids and I but it's like people are preparing for a category 5 hurricane. 2 hr line and she was told everything was picked bare.

I've been wearing my NFL Authentic Tom Brady jersey all day.

The gray hoodie is in the wash. I spilt ranch dressing on it at 1/2 time.

You can still hate Goodell and everyone else that screwed over this team.

Huh?
Stains on hoodies add to their authenticity. You should have let it set before you washed it.

Huh?
Stains on hoodies add to their authenticity. You should have let it set before you washed it.
LOL.

Yea I've got a stain on it already. Nail polish....not mine.

That happens when you are married and live with teenage girls.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes