PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fly the colors or hit them where it hurts.

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should we buy championship gear because this team is special or continue protesting the corrupt NFL

• of course. don't let Fraudger Gotohell ruin your enjoyment of the GOATS

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • the only way to change things is to hit them where it hurts. the wallet

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pazrul72

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I am facing a huge conundrum right now. On one hand I love this team so much and everything they represent team work, heart, mental toughness and do your job. I want to buy all the championship gear and proudly wear it everywhere defending the wall. Two years ago I spent like 150 dollars on hats and t-shirts for myself the wife and kid. I would happily do it again this year because Superbowl stuff is once in a lifetime for most fans but we are so lucky we have gotten 5!

The problem? Since then the wells report has come out, Gotohell has lied, and the Pats have been fined and penalized an obcene amount opening my eyes to what a despicable corrupt vile lying organization they are. I can not support something I feel so strongly against yet sadly the team I admire so much is part of that greedy cesspool of 32. I do not want them to ever again get a dime of my money.

Yet here I am....torn what to do with another championship to celebrate. Do I give in and let the 32 have all they care about by buying hats and t-shirts? Or do I stick to the only way I can protest and hit the !#%*€$& where it hurts...the wallet?

I am facing a huge conundrum right now. On one hand I love this team so much and everything they represent team work, heart, mental toughness and do your job. I want to buy all the championship gear and proudly wear it everywhere defending the wall. Two years ago I spent like 150 dollars on hats and t-shirts for myself the wife and kid. I would happily do it again this year because Superbowl stuff is once in a lifetime for most fans but we are so lucky we have gotten 5!

The problem? Since then the wells report has come out, Gotohell has lied, and the Pats have been fined and penalized an obcene amount opening my eyes to what a despicable corrupt vile lying organization they are. I can not support something I feel so strongly against yet sadly the team I admire so much is part of that greedy cesspool of 32. I do not want them to ever again get a dime of my money.

Yet here I am....torn what to do with another championship to celebrate. Do I give in and let the 32 have all they care about by buying hats and t-shirts? Or do I stick to the only way I can protest and hit the !#%*€$& where it hurts...the wallet?
You can always buy knock-offs from China.

Buy it.

$30 here and there isnt going to hurt the mega machine NFL

A massive boycott by a majority of Patriots fans would definitely hurt. It's unlikely to happen, though, unless there are high quality knockoffs that are easy to get. Not that I would promote such a thing.

Buy it.

$30 here and there isnt going to hurt the mega machine NFL
Oh I am well aware my 150 bucks means nothing to them. It's what happens if we all don't buy it. Now you're talking a million or two and that DOES matter to them. Part of me wants to do my job in hurting the NFL however possible. The other part wants to enjoy this sweet sweet championship

Oh I am well aware my 150 bucks means nothing to them. It's what happens if we all don't buy it. Now you're talking a million or two and that DOES matter to them. Part of me wants to do my job in hurting the NFL however possible. The other part wants to enjoy this sweet sweet championship

Just enjoy it. Fly the colors.

A boycott on SB gear wouldn't hurt the NFL at all. They wouldn't even notice.

Buy it.
Your enjoyment far outweighs the value the NFL derives from its profit on your gear.
I mean to truly protest you would have not watched the game, right?

Buy it.
Your enjoyment far outweighs the value the NFL derives from its profit on your gear.
I have been not watching games, mostly because I work on Sundays but still every time I see those viewer numbers are down I smile and hope it continues. I will admit to weakness and not living entirely up to the standards I would like to...I do watch the occasional game but pats only no other NFL product ever, even playoff games I would have to scout opponents a couple years ago. It's a small drop in an ocean I know but it's my drop.

Buy it.

Totally agree. Think fondly of the 2016 team. Enjoy the shirts. Enjoy your life. Don't let Goodell take anything from you.

I have been not watching games, mostly because I work on Sundays but still every time I see those viewer numbers are down I smile and hope it continues. I will admit to weakness and not living entirely up to the standards I would like to...I do watch the occasional game but pats only no other NFL product ever, even playoff games I would have to scout opponents a couple years ago. It's a small drop in an ocean I know but it's my drop.
Your decision I just gave never understood hurting myself to make a statement that has no chance at all if having any impact.
Goodell's scumminess wins when you let him affect you.

Your decision I just gave never understood hurting myself to make a statement that has no chance at all if having any impact.
Goodell's scumminess wins when you let him affect you.

And that attitude is why it has no chance. You're right by myself the NFL could give a damn about my opinion, my viewing games, or my money. It's one person out of millions and doesn't move the bottom line one iota. How many people out there not watching a game they would have before or not buying that Shirt stamped with the NFL logo for a family member at Christmas would it take for them to notice? 10,000? 100,000? A million? I have no idea but I am hoping and praying enough people are as appalled at the lack of justice and the slandering of one of the best men to walk this planet as I am to join in. Not totally giving it up that's unreasonable but not watching non patriot games, not buying a New Jersey, having one less beer at the games. If everyone in NE did that? It would hurt them the only way we can and I desperately want to legally hurt them.

Your stance is entirely understandable, and there's a large part of me that doesn't want to give in to the cash cow and line the pockets of those 31 a-holes...

...but I was so overwhelmed with emotion this morning that I ordered 3 SB t- shirts from the US NFL website (the European site has virtually nothing to offer), spending far too much (postage and international taxes weren't cheap!).

It's such a big deal to win this season, I just had to have something to show for it...

I bought my gear last night from the Patriots Pro Shop. I know some of the money still goes into Roger's pocket, but I figure buying it from the Pro Shop keeps the fine men and women at Patriot Place employed. Also, in the message to be attached at delivery I put **** ROGER GOODELL. I figure whoever processes my order will get a smile from it.

Unrelated but a couple people thought I was wearing a falcons jersey because I have a Red Gronkowski throwback jersey on today. I said it before but I think the only one I would consider getting is a Blue Devin McCourty Super Bowl jersey.

You'll have to wait to buy a shirt. Mrs RW swung by the Pro Shop at 10am to pick up shirts for the kids and I but it's like people are preparing for a category 5 hurricane. 2 hr line and she was told everything was picked bare.

I've been wearing my NFL Authentic Tom Brady jersey all day.

The gray hoodie is in the wash. I spilt ranch dressing on it at 1/2 time.

You can still hate Goodell and everyone else that screwed over this team.

You'll have to wait to buy a shirt. Mrs RW swung by the Pro Shop at 10am to pick up shirts for the kids and I but it's like people are preparing for a category 5 hurricane. 2 hr line and she was told everything was picked bare.

I've been wearing my NFL Authentic Tom Brady jersey all day.

The gray hoodie is in the wash. I spilt ranch dressing on it at 1/2 time.

You can still hate Goodell and everyone else that screwed over this team.
I live in Hartford so it's going to the local sports store if I grow weak and say eh morals are for losers anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes