Final New England Patriots 53-Man Roster Projection 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Final New England Patriots 53-Man Roster Projection 4.0

Steve Balestrieri

With some serious injuries to Derek Rivers and Julian Edelman, that will open up two spots that we had as locks. Ditto for the release of Kony Ealy.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Roberts' injury was apparently just bruised ribs. He was back at practice this past week, albeit wearing a red non-contact jersey. I don't see him going to IR.

OTOH, McLellin hasn't practiced in about three weeks. Although I don't recall what his injury is, if he still can't practice this week, it seems to me that he's a more likely IR candidate than Roberts.

I thought I saw McClellin vs the Loins; no?

"Loins". That's hilariously appropriate for them.

Anyway, according to Mark Daniels at ProJo, McLellin still wasn't practicing last Wednesday and didn't travel to Detroit.

It must've been Harvey Langi's 48 I saw on the edge instead of McClellin's 58;
makes sense then.

It must've been Harvey Langi's 48 I saw on the edge instead of McClellin's 58;
makes sense then.

Quite possibly.

Even in regular season games, the camera work makes it difficult to identify who's on the field. In the Pats' pre-season broadcasts, it's damn near impossible. The PAUSE and REWIND buttons on our remote always take significant snaps during pre-season.

Roberts or Freeny should be there instead of Bates. Or, we could even see Bolden.

Harris & Langi make both Freeny & Roberts superfluous, so I'd rather keep the superior athleticism & versatility of Bates instead of either of them. And Bolden's services are no longer required here, because we now have 4 RBs with actual talent ahead of him.

Harris & Langi make both Freeny & Roberts superfluous, so I'd rather keep the superior athleticism & versatility of Bates instead of either of them. And Bolden's services are no longer required here, because we now have 4 RBs with actual talent ahead of him.

Who do you having playing inside in addition to Harris. There should one player who will get lots of reps and another who is a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back