PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger is embarrassing himself over Deflategate 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockt327

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I know he's a troll, but he's badly trying to rationalize the NFL's approach on sweeping this whole thing w/ Pittsburgh under the rug. He talks about it as if it's the logical approach for the league to take, and not hypocritical. He's doing so by trying to point out (his perceived) differences between NE's situation as to Pittstburgh's. But in doing so; he's cherry picking certain moments, and completely ignoring the context; and taking it to the point where its just flat-out revisionist history.

For instance, he's now trying to claim that Deflategate had far less to do with PSI measurements -- because, by his logic, PSI was just so hard to accurately measure (!) -- so the real reason why the NFL went after NE was because of the ballboy taking the balls into the restroom w/o permission from the refs (etc). And since Pittsburgh didn't do this, then the chain of command wasn't broken, and thus League simply has little reason to further investigate; so it all makes sense.

Futhermore, he's making it sound like NE actually brought the investigation upon themselves, as if they did so by antagonizing the league. How? Due to NE's lawyers not letting Wells talk to the ballboys for the 'nth time and Brady not handing over the phone. Yep, the Patriots just brought it all upon themselves.

I know he's a troll, but he's badly trying to rationalize the NFL's approach on sweeping this whole thing w/ Pittsburgh under the rug. He talks about it as if it's the logical approach for the league to take, and not hypocritical. He's doing so by trying to point out (his perceived) differences between NE's situation as to Pittstburgh's. But in doing so; he's cherry picking certain moments, and completely ignoring the context; and taking it to the point where its just flat-out revisionist history.

For instance, he's now trying to claim that Deflategate had far less to do with PSI measurements -- because, by his logic, PSI was just so hard to accurately measure (!) -- so the real reason why the NFL went after NE was because of the ballboy taking the balls into the restroom w/o permission from the refs (etc). And since Pittsburgh didn't do this, then the chain of command wasn't broken, and thus League simply has little reason to further investigate; so it all makes sense. Oh, and Felger doesn't need this issue to embarrass himself. He does that as soon as he begins to speak.

Futhermore, he's making it sound like NE actually brought the investigation upon themselves, as if they did so by antagonizing the league. How? Due to NE's lawyers not letting Wells talk to the ballboys for the 'nth time and Brady not handing over the phone. Yep, the Patriots just brought it all upon themselves.
If there hasn't been an investigation, how does he know what happened or didn't happen during the chain of command? It's all nonsense. Everyone knows what humans did to the footballs in both cases - nothing. It was the result of IGL.

If there hasn't been an investigation, how does he know what happened or didn't happen during the chain of command? It's all nonsense. Everyone knows what humans did to the footballs in both cases - nothing. It was the result of IGL.

In the bigger picture, how could the league know? They issued their statement about 45 minutes after Glazer made his report. In that time, how could they have reacted to the news, reached out to all parties (the game officials, the NFL officials working that game, Giants and Steelers personnel), collected all that information, verified it and put out a statement in less than an hour? Oh, and it was around 12:15 on a Sunday afternoon when Glazer made his report. A lot of the people involved were busy getting ready for their game that day.

For instance, he's now trying to claim that Deflategate had far less to do with PSI measurements -- because, by his logic, PSI was just so hard to accurately measure (!) -- so the real reason why the NFL went after NE was because of the ballboy taking the balls into the restroom w/o permission from the refs (etc). And since Pittsburgh didn't do this, then the chain of command wasn't broken, and thus League simply has little reason to further investigate; so it all makes sense.

This is not new. Felger has been saying this all along.

Felger's crap-ass argument falls down when you ask him what the actual proof was and has always been is, "The commissioner doesn't need proof which is what Article 46 affords him.".

Then when you have Felger in a corner he always says, "Something had to have happened."

Bla bla bla bla bla.

In the bigger picture, how could the league know? They issued their statement about 45 minutes after Glazer made his report. In that time, how could they have reacted to the news, reached out to all parties (the game officials, the NFL officials working that game, Giants and Steelers personnel), collected all that information, verified it and put out a statement in less than an hour? Oh, and it was around 12:15 on a Sunday afternoon when Glazer made his report. A lot of the people involved were busy getting ready for their game that day.
All of the above is exactly my point. Felger's comparison of the situations is totally invalid.

If the Giants measured the balls why are they not being investigated? Messing with the balls is a no-no

I like to live in reality, but Felger tries to hard to go against the grain. I can't listen to him, he is predictable but apparently he isn't doing to bad with his 1.5 million dollar contract.

I just turned on the TV and it was the end of the Felger show and apparently Zolak said both teams (Pats and Ravens) know that they both mess with the balls. I am not sure if they were just making **** up but they said the equipment managers wink at each other as they pass by each other in the hall way. This is before the league decided to rape the Patriots. And change the procedure.

I don't buy it. I think its made up **** just to make the Patriots look like they actually tampered with the footballs.

Honeymoon period? I can't recall another POTUS elect getting hammered on a daily basis as much as him (with that said, some of it is self-inflicted)
Yes, one could certainly make that argument, but my larger point is that carrying Brady's and NE's water isn't going to improve his lot on a national scale. Ain't happening and, honestly, I don't believe it should.

Poor Sara Underwood, imagine having to listen to that guy ***** at home every night?
Shes been married to the dude for 14 years so something works....what i have no idea.

Shes been married to the dude for 14 years so something works....what i have no idea.

She seems like such a nice lady. Opposites attract I guess.

All I can think of when I see her on the news now is her giving birth alone, because talking about sports on the radio was more important to her husband than supporting his wife during labor. haha

How does anyone here know what Felger said? Who can possibly listen to him? I know I turn when ever I see or hear him.

She seems like such a nice lady. Opposites attract I guess.

All I can think of when I see her on the news now is her giving birth alone, because talking about sports on the radio was more important to her husband than supporting his wife during labor. haha

Did he really do that? Not passing judgement but if I pulled that I'd be killed, mutilated, disemboweled, dismembered........... then divorced.

Did he really do that? Not passing judgement but if I pulled that I'd be killed, mutilated, disemboweled, dismembered........... then divorced.
I guess he said that on his show one day about one of the Celtics who left the team to be with his wife. Not sure of the particulars because I can't stand him or squeaky but remember the Celtics guy's wife or sister telling Felger to **** off on twitter.

Felger & Mazz would be such a better show if his co-host actually ever had the balls to challenge him.

Mazz is spineless and has flat out admitted he rides the coat-tails of Felger and sucks up to him to keep every thing cherry.

I've heard Felger suggest baseball should be reduced to 7 inning games and Mazz basically kept quiet, when you know deep down as a baseball guy he must have been sickened to hear such a dumb suggestion.

so by Felger's logic, Brady was suspended for the ball boy going to the restroom? That was the great "conspiracy" that Brady orchestrated? If it wasn't about PSI, then how is Brady the mastermind? If it is about PSI, why is the Patriots measurements different from the Steelers?

Yeah, he did. Or at least he said he did. He admitted on the radio he had her give birth alone because he had work obligations. hahaha, it was when he was giving Al Horford **** for missing games for the birth of his baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back