PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons open to trading the number 4 pick.

2 firsts and either a second or third should do it...
based on what?

I suspect that what you indicate is where the bidding begins. I suspect that it will take 2 firsts, 2 seconds and a 3rd. I hope for the early estimate of the first 3 this year, plus next year's first.

Looking at each situation I really don't think we'd have to mortgage anything - pay that high a price. Other teams will be involved but not many have the assets to outbid us without putting themselves in a enormous hole to crawl out of.

4)Atl might hold a big card but they also are in a tough spot from a QB pov. Ryan has like 100 million in dead cap over the few years. He's their most likely starter the next few years if you're following the money. Sure Atl could take a QB but that's bomb waiting to go off in terms of money spent, potential dead money and chemistry.

I've been pushing the QB 1-4 storyline for a few weeks now but ATL might persuaded to take Pitts if they can't deal and don't want that QB situation-problem.

5)That leaves Cinci, they arent taking a QB. Too cheap to pay, too predictable. 0% Cinci is taking a QB.

6)Miami isn't headed in that direction either imo but of the teams up in this area. They're the most likely. I see them building around Tua though. I'd say 70/30. Building the team up. So it's take an elite prospect, which they'll have many options or trade out-block New England from getting up that far.

7)Detroit is also somewhat predictable in that they're just not likely to take a QB given their situation. They're not a team that would want to pay that much, having two legit QB contracts at once. They're not set up to handle that situation, develop while putting a winner on the field. They're going with Goff short term imo.

So we have options in terms of partners imo. And we have plenty of ammo.

15 + 2022 1st, 2nd & 3rd will be as good as anyone gets imo more or less. Don't see a team paying three 1st and plus. I'm partial to keeping 46. Too many good prospects I know can help right away. Get a good player on the team this year, preferably offense to further that side. That's a 180 from a year ago and we're absolutely back in the division-playoff race.

That's not including Gilmore or Wino or another sweetener.

One has to think Bill is coming out punching from here on out. I can't imagined not feeling some type of way after the last year. And he knows he doesn't have forever to make this work.

Lot's of intrigue and energy in the air rn. Can't wait for draft day.

FWIW (nothing), I recently read that Tom Curran claimed that Arthur Blank would not be open to a trade with the Patriots because he was still pissed about the Pats including '28-3' reference (283 diamonds) on their Super Bowl 51 rings.
If you don’t want 28-3 references on your opponents Super Bowl rings, then you shouldn’t blow 28-3 third quarter leads.....

Back in 1987, I drove through John Carroll's campus to drop off a friend. I think I may be qualified for a position in the Patriots personnel office.

As a long time fan I favor spending mucho draft capital #15 & #46 this year and #1 next year to move on up to #4... Either Lance or Jones would be fine with me.

Not based on anything scientific or weighted positions, just my opinion that they need to get to do this to take the leap back into the foray..

So we have options in terms of partners imo. And we have plenty of ammo.

15 + 2022 1st, 2nd & 3rd will be as good as anyone gets imo more or less. Don't see a team paying three 1st and plus. I'm partial to keeping 46. Too many good prospects I know can help right away. Get a good player on the team this year, preferably offense to further that side. That's a 180 from a year ago and we're absolutely back in the division-playoff race.

That's not including Gilmore or Wino or another sweetener.

One has to think Bill is coming out punching from here on out. I can't imagined not feeling some type of way after the last year. And he knows he doesn't have forever to make this work.

Lot's of intrigue and energy in the air rn. Can't wait for draft day.
Yes, I would prefer giving up the 2nd and 3rd in 2022, rather than this year. I suspect that one of these picks would need to be this year.

I do NOT want to add any players.

FWIW (nothing), I recently read that Tom Curran claimed that Arthur Blank would not be open to a trade with the Patriots because he was still pissed about the Pats including '28-3' reference (283 diamonds) on their Super Bowl 51 rings.

I've said this before, but it really speaks to his loser mentality. He sees 283 diamonds (which is absurd for reasons not related to football, but I won't go there) as a slight against the failure of his team, rather than as a celebration from Kraft about the fortitude and determination of his own team. Sure, fans like to poke the Falcons (and their fans) because it's funny, but referencing 28-3 for the Patriots is WAY more about "Holy S**T, can you believe we pulled that off!".

that's what he gets for premature celebration. Stay in the owners box and don't come down to the field dancing. He is a business man...he will deal with us if he needs to

I have a theory that BB signed all of those free agents so he didn't have to draft as many people because he wants one guy.

15th pick obviously
Stephon Gilmore
3rd next year
2nd this year

that's a lot of assets
I agree. he has a plan and will trade up for...Justin Fields. I believe that's his guy but i think Lance is better suited to follow Cam's offense. i just don't see Lance being ready by next year. He is talented though

nBIX4iE.gif

No. Doesn't make sense without knowing who the first 3 players taken are.
Going for the 4th or 5th QB left on the board is not that exciting, while giving up extra picks, compared to possibly taking the #1 defensive player at their respective position at 15. Let's try to not decimate the roster like our OC did with the Denver Broncos.

if he doesn't go up and get a QB the fan base will start jumping out of windows

Baby

460885008.jpeg

Why is everyone trading down? #3 pick trading down. #4 pick trading down. #6 trades down. #8 trades for Darnold. I wonder why that is? Could it be that NONE of those teams are excited about the QB prospects after Lawrence and Wilson? And now that the 9ers are definitely taking a QB at #3, that means everyone is looking at QB #4 at best. And they are all running for the hills? Why?

I know the answer. Because BB is going to trade three 1sts for the QB prospect no-one else wants because he is playing chess :rolleyes: Or QB #4 and below are significant projects not worth a top 10 pick ;), and BB will never make that trade.

No. Doesn't make sense without knowing who the first 3 players taken are.
Going for the 4th or 5th QB left on the board is not that exciting, while giving up extra picks, compared to possibly taking the #1 defensive player at their respective position at 15. Let's try to not decimate the roster like our OC did with the Denver Broncos.
Also, at that point the only team left who would likely take a qb ahead of us would be the Broncos

It was a record come back, for crying out loud.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back