PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons open to trading the number 4 pick.

I agree too.

Lots of QBs have great flashes but never are consistent. Great flashes are not a good indicator. After the 1st game of 2020 there were multiple PatsFans posters calling for a multiple year deal at over $20M per year FOR CAM.

maybe newton would have fulfilled those expectations if he never got the virus or the abdominal injury.

but what I saw was beyond horrible!

maybe newton would have fulfilled those expectations if he never got the virus or the abdominal injury.

but what I saw was beyond horrible!

Agreed. There could be extenuating unknown circumstances, but Cam was awful. I do not lose interest because of a losing season (I have been a fan since the 80s), but it was hard to get excited to watch a game with Cam at QB.

Here’s another thought - trade up to 4 now. If Fields (or whoever their QB of choice is) is there, take him. If he’s not, and you don’t love the other available QBs, just take Pitts. Yes you’re a little overloaded at TE but like... that dude is freakishly good, you can put him anywhere. And they’re gonna lean on the TE anyway...

No. Doesn't make sense without knowing who the first 3 players taken are.
Going for the 4th or 5th QB left on the board is not that exciting, while giving up extra picks, compared to possibly taking the #1 defensive player at their respective position at 15. Let's try to not decimate the roster like our OC did with the Denver Broncos.

Keep in mind the Jets are one of those picks ahead of #4.

We always choose the wrong guy. So you'd really be getting at least a top 3 QB.

Here’s another thought - trade up to 4 now. If Fields (or whoever their QB of choice is) is there, take him. If he’s not, and you don’t love the other available QBs, just take Pitts. Yes you’re a little overloaded at TE but like... that dude is freakishly good, you can put him anywhere. And they’re gonna lean on the TE anyway...
I am actually wondering if the Niners like Pitts to pair with Kittle....that would be a sick combo.

===========

And I don't mind giving up two firsts plus a 2nd/3rd in either 2021/2022....because it would mean that BB believes in the guy.

And yes, the #4 pick comes with a "28-3" premium, IMO...but the Falcons are reasonable and it will be more about dropping down to #15 versus "28-3".

We should talk to the Bengals though.....if we believe in QB#4...to stop Miami from allowing someone else to leap frog us. I think the Bengals would do 2021 1.15, 2021 3.96, 2022 1st, and a 2022 4th....

Actually no. A QB is the most important position on an NFL team. Its not a move of desperation. Look at your most consistent winning teams over the last 20 years, which did not have a top QB? All teams covet this position more than any other position. What good is a top 5 pick if you do not have a QB? Without a QB your ceiling is low, that is the NFL today and its not going to change anytime soon. Sometimes teams go for years without getting that guy and their team suffers for it. Its not easy and it takes patience. The browns went years with top 5 draft picks and could not field a team worth a crap, until....they got a good Qb, now they do things like win playoff games. Trying to win despite your QB is not successful and never has been.

Trent Dilfer says Hello.

I'm calling Everyone's bluff, from Atlanta at #4 through Carolina at #8...

The first team I even begin to think about calling is Denver at #9...If Trey Lance or Mac Jones is still available there, then my Final Offer to them will be #s 15,122 & next year's 2nd-rounder...NOT ONE future 1st-rounder will EVER be included in ANY trade package.

And I offer NOT A ****ING THING for Future Bust Justin Fields.

I agree too.

Lots of QBs have great flashes but never are consistent. Great flashes are not a good indicator. After the 1st game of 2020 there were multiple PatsFans posters calling for a multiple year deal at over $20M per year FOR CAM.
To me the greatest thing you want in a QB is consistency. Good example of this is the Tampa Washington playoff game last year. Skins QB unknown played out of his mind, but he might not ever even start again. I always see those guys as that new pitcher that comes to a team and batters cannot hit him, and people think, man this guy has lights out stuff, and then all of the sudden, batters get a look at him a couple times and he is throwing batting practice. Getting the Qb position nailed down is the hardest thing for a team, thats why a lot of fans were not worried when Brady left because they just figured another would drop from the sky and we would be fine. Its not that easy. For every Montana to Young, you have 500 other times you go through 10 QB's before finally getting a guy that you might can win with.

I'm calling Everyone's bluff, from Atlanta at #4 through Carolina at #8...

The first team I even begin to think about calling is Denver at #9...If Trey Lance or Mac Jones is still available there, then my Final Offer to them will be #s 15,122 & next year's 2nd-rounder...NOT ONE future 1st-rounder will EVER be included in ANY trade package.

And I offer NOT A ****ING THING for Future Bust Justin Fields.
so, you support Cam starting for the next couple of years?

Being willing to trade with DEN is rich. We need to trade to at least 7, and that will likely no be high enough.

Last edited:
Even Jags guy laughs at Jets picks
tenor.gif

I'm sure the Pats have called and enquired. That's doing your due diligence. I'm also sure they put the phone down once the Falcons asked for a similar haul to the one Miami got.

I'm sure the Pats have called and enquired. That's doing your due diligence. I'm also sure they put the phone down once the Falcons asked for a similar haul to the one Miami got.
Depends I think they would have to know for a fact who San Fran was taking and with the relationship they have with Kyle maybe they do.

A thought:

Would the Falcons be interested in Michel and Wynn? Maybe those two, #15, and a 2nd next year would work?

And we can sign Eric Fisher in free agency....stash him until he's ready. Play someone else at guard with Onwenu at RT....until Fisher is ready to play? Also, pick up Gio Bernard to replace Michel?

Just thoughts.....

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back