PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons open to trading the number 4 pick.

I just saw a mock draft where we take Mond in the 5th no way he falls that far.
Mills and Mond is going on the second worst case third.
This is where losing that third round pick is killing us.
If Denver drafts Lance, any
value on kicking the tires on Lock for a second or 4th?

Here's my criteria:

1. Does he shower less than three days before a game? If yes, don't draft.

2. Has he gotten into a bar fight while being the only patron in the bar? If yes, draft.

Obviously blocking technique is in there somewhere.

Better yet, after the bar fight(s), he is the only one left standing. Terminator style.

No.

Yep according to people a lot more astute than me he is actually one of the better qbs in the draft when going through his progressions. It's weird how these rumours gain traction. Like the rumour about him not having the best work ethic. I've seen it repeated many times now yet i think it started with one analyst mentioning it and he has now retracted it as he can't actually back it up at all.
It started with Dan Orlovsky saying he “heard it”

Smart thinking Cousin.
Of course you will be chastised for this.
Had a great little breakfast this Sunday morning of that baked Finnish pancake and maple syrup. mini sausage patties, a slice of cantaloupe, orange juice and a mug of coffee with chocolate and peppermint. I am now ready to gird my loins for battle on this site......and in this case defend your intelligent hypothesis Chris.

If Lock was in this Draft, where would he land? Here is the the value of a move for Lock......NFL playing time.He was a secong round pick of the Bronco's #42. He's got size at 6'4" and 224 lbs. He's got some mobility.

• "A second-year quarterback from the University of Missouri who started Denver's final five games in 2019 after spending the first 11 games of the season on injured reserve.
  • Finished his rookie season with a 4-1 record to match John Elway for the most wins by a rookie quarterback in team history.
  • Completed 100-of-156 passes (64.1%) for 1,020 yards with seven touchdowns and three interceptions (89.7 rtg) during his rookie campaign.
  • Threw for the second-most passing yards (12,193) and third-most touchdowns (99) in Southeastern Conference history during his four-year career at Missouri.
  • Started 46-of-50 games during his collegiate career, completing 883-of-1,553 passes (56.9%) for 12,193 yards with 99 touchdowns and 39 interceptions (138.8 rtg.) in addition to rushing for 437 yards and nine scores.
  • Ended his career as Mizzou's second all-time leader in career passing yards and touchdowns while setting 10 of the top-25 single-game passing yardage marks in school history".
A badly bruised right shoulder injury put him out some weeks. Not structural damage.

The two years he spent in the League is invaluable. He is also cheap.

If he was Drafted this year my guess is he would be QB #4

Elway always seeks the big splash at QB. The Patriots would look at Lock differently and if they have given Stidham a long leash, I suspect Lock would have a longer leash.

If you compare Brady.....and who can, .......but none-the-less, they are the same size, in 2001 Brady had 264 completions in 15 games at 63.9% with 18 TDs, Lock had 100 completions in 5 games at 64.1% with 7 TDs (multiply x 3?). This was in first years starter experience.

What I am saying on behalf of Cousin Chris is there is a little logic in trading for Lock if Elway is seriously thinking QB. Not putting much stock in 2020, because of a shoulder injury but in 13 games he still threw 16TDs while Cam threw 8TDs. He had 3 rushing TDs as well.

In 18 starts Lock has won 8 games. Not perfect but there is clay that can be molded.

Put me down for trading for Lock at #46. I would think the same if Jimmie G were available......but then look at the cost and age disparity. In the last two years Lock has actually played two more games than Jimmie G and he only started the last third of the season for Denver in 2019.

I have thought about this move as well. Good post Chris.
DW Toys

Smart thinking Cousin.
Of course you will be chastised for this.
Had a great little breakfast this Sunday morning of that baked Finnish pancake and maple syrup. mini sausage patties, a slice of cantaloupe, orange juice and a mug of coffee with chocolate and peppermint. I am now ready to gird my loins for battle on this site......and in this case defend your intelligent hypothesis Chris.

If Lock was in this Draft, where would he land? Here is the the value of a move for Lock......NFL playing time.He was a secong round pick of the Bronco's #42. He's got size at 6'4" and 224 lbs. He's got some mobility.

• "A second-year quarterback from the University of Missouri who started Denver's final five games in 2019 after spending the first 11 games of the season on injured reserve.
  • Finished his rookie season with a 4-1 record to match John Elway for the most wins by a rookie quarterback in team history.
  • Completed 100-of-156 passes (64.1%) for 1,020 yards with seven touchdowns and three interceptions (89.7 rtg) during his rookie campaign.
  • Threw for the second-most passing yards (12,193) and third-most touchdowns (99) in Southeastern Conference history during his four-year career at Missouri.
  • Started 46-of-50 games during his collegiate career, completing 883-of-1,553 passes (56.9%) for 12,193 yards with 99 touchdowns and 39 interceptions (138.8 rtg.) in addition to rushing for 437 yards and nine scores.
  • Ended his career as Mizzou's second all-time leader in career passing yards and touchdowns while setting 10 of the top-25 single-game passing yardage marks in school history".
A badly bruised right shoulder injury put him out some weeks. Not structural damage.

The two years he spent in the League is invaluable. He is also cheap.

If he was Drafted this year my guess is he would be QB #4

Elway always seeks the big splash at QB. The Patriots would look at Lock differently and if they have given Stidham a long leash, I suspect Lock would have a longer leash.

If you compare Brady.....and who can, .......but none-the-less, they are the same size, in 2001 Brady had 264 completions in 15 games at 63.9% with 18 TDs, Lock had 100 completions in 5 games at 64.1% with 7 TDs (multiply x 3?). This was in first years starter experience.

What I am saying on behalf of Cousin Chris is there is a little logic in trading for Lock if Elway is seriously thinking QB. Not putting much stock in 2020, because of a shoulder injury but in 13 games he still threw 16TDs while Cam threw 8TDs. He had 3 rushing TDs as well.

In 18 starts Lock has won 8 games. Not perfect but there is clay that can be molded.

Put me down for trading for Lock at #46. I would think the same if Jimmie G were available......but then look at the cost and age disparity. In the last two years Lock has actually played two more games than Jimmie G and he only started the last third of the season for Denver in 2019.

I have thought about this move as well. Good post Chris.
DW Toys
He and Stidham were my 2 binkie QBs In that draft.
I’m still shocked we passed on Lock I was so excited we were going to draft him when he was there.
Felt better when we took Stidham.
I remember Von Miller’s proclamation that Lock will be a rock star in this league. I would much rather use a second on what we know the floor Of Lock is then the unknown potential or Mills or Mond.

He and Stidham were my 2 binkie QBs In that draft.
I’m still shocked we passed on Lock I was so excited we were going to draft him when he was there.
Felt better when we took Stidham.
I remember Von Miller’s proclamation that Lock will be a rock star in this league. I would much rather use a second on what we know the floor Of Lock is then the unknown potential or Mills or Mond.
So you haven't watched Lock playing in the NFL, then...

So you haven't watched Lock playing in the NFL, then...
I’ve seen a big arm, mobility, he struggles in reading complex defenses or getting past his second read. Same can be said for pretty much all the QBs between the second and fourth round range.

I’ve seen a big arm, mobility, he struggles in reading complex defenses or getting past his second read. Same can be said for pretty much all the QBs between the second and fourth round range.
He's been a complete stiff. Your comment

I would much rather use a second on what we know the floor Of Lock is then the unknown potential or Mills or Mond.

is ridiculous, given what we've seen of Lock to this point.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
Back