PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons open to trading the number 4 pick.

Jeez Deus I threw you a softball and you come up with that? Post salary cap it doesn’t matter, unless you have Brady you aren’t competing year in year out for a super bowl. Perhaps one could argue Pittsburg. But there is no one else.
Saints say hi, they also had picks jacked. The Rams lost in the playoffs twice for 53...

Argument can be made for the Ravens.

Seattle has consistently been in the playoff picture for a while too.

I'm kind of thinking any 5-10 year run of consistent playoff contention should get a team in the conversation. Sure, all of those teams had occasional down years, but it seems like they have also conaistently rebuilt to playoff contention quickly.

All of those teams outside of the Ravens had/have very good qb's. Flacco - solid pro, nothing special. Would occasionally steal a game, probably didn't cost his teams too many games with mistakes. I'm not sold on lamarr. Great athlete, but that team 2 years ago was dominant in the run game and he was throwing to 6'6"+ tes running wide open most the time. He didn't particularly impress the little I saw last year either. I don't think he has the precision to rely on his arm as all QB's eventually have to start doing. Could be footwork/mechanics (drops his arm a lot is what sticks in my mind, could very well be wrong - don't hate me for it) and potentially fixable. One thing for sure, it'll be entertaining to watch him and find out over the next few years.

The most common similarity with most of those teams in the double digits in playoff berths since 2000 is stability at the quarterback position. The Ravens were one of those exceptions as the defense and run game seemed to always be the main part of their identity. They got to the dance with six different signal callers: Dilfer, Grbac, Boller, McNair, Flacco, and Jackson.

I'll try to find the video of Shannon Sharpe who recently said on his show that nobody in the building liked McDaniels. I can't remember what the reasons where.

There are hundreds of articles I could pick from chronicling McDaniels being hated in Denver, worst team builder ever, so many draft mistakes and trade mistakes. Also so many examples from 2005-2008 and 2013-now in New England. I love it when someone challenges the fact that McDaniels sucks at talent eval and wanting to debate this. I can go all day and all week.

There are literally dumbasses pretending they know football staying silent over metrics showing how Trey Lance sucks on accuracy beyond super short yardage or 3rd down or red zone, the same people making insane claims that Justin Fields can't make 2nd reads or Mac Jones isn't accurate after his first read. There is so much fake news out there, it's crazy. But I've noticed the last 10 years, honestly if you look at the draft, random black QB's will drop because of some BS reasons pre-draft but then I see totally obscure "2nd or 3rd best" white QB's keep getting drafted super high based on worse tape but again, any negative criticism of a Fields or Watson or Dak or Lamar gets those guys tanked by 10+ picks.

No kidding?

I'm not joking and I totally get your insinuation but what you don't get is I LOVE talking about this. If you are truly not sure, ask me a question if we are debating whether Josh McDaniels is a good talent evaluator or not and I will keep going.

Does anybody remember who the patriots sent to scout stidham and jimmy g at their pro days?

Does anybody remember who the patriots sent to scout stidham and jimmy g at their pro days?
Caserio attended Auburn’s Pro Day for Stidham

Garoppolo participated in the Northwestern Pro Day but I can’t find who, if anybody, attended on the Pats’ side

Caserio attended Auburn’s Pro Day for Stidham

Garoppolo participated in the Northwestern Pro Day but I can’t find who, if anybody, attended on the Pats’ side

does the fact that bb sent mcdaniels to trask’s pro day by himself indicate in any way that bb is leaning toward trask?

does the fact that bb sent mcdaniels to trask’s pro day by himself indicate in any way that bb is leaning toward trask?
It might mean he has extra concerns about Trask and wants a closer look at them.

Not sure who is worse?

The guys who say "I watch film" who might as well be watching Sesame Street or DKF. There are plenty of other hobbies for the first group. Draft stuff ain't for everyone.
DKF might be the first person I put on ignore here. That doesn't solve the problem of him spamming threads though. Mods are taking a L here. You guys have intervened over a lot less. No one would miss him and it's obvious he's just a troll. Punt him.
There's no nice way to say "you're better than this," so I'll just acknowledge it's a grating way to object.

Ban? Lol. Sure, some of the links involve questionable analysis, that doesn't mean they weren't legitimate takes at the time.

I never understood the Tebow hype for the NFL. Sure, great college player. The two games may as well be different sports as far as the qb position is concerned. He was athletic for a college qb, but not athletic enough to consider at h-back. I recall chatter about flipping him to TE, which I recall thinking may be reasonable along the lines of Edelman's switch. We may have had another fringe wr on the roster at the time that was previously a qb? I was buying the idea that the depth of knowledge required to run an offense translated to depth of knowledge required to read/react to a defense in real time as a receiver.

McDaniels had no business taking him in the first. Yet another example of McDumbass tryingnto prove to everyone how god damn smart he is. Did he think he was going to spring sone new offense on the league? It's almost like all those drives he killed when Develin and Gronk were molly-whopping whatever side of the indy defense they wanted in the deflategate AFCCG.

(Rudolph the red nosed reindeer tune)
Ho-o-manawa-nuey,
had a bunch of pics on coach,
He said if you ever cut me,
I'll go to myface and click post.
Then one dreary january eve,
The colts had come to play,
Ho-o with your pics of fright,
Go give dev a break tonight.
mcDummy went and called his number,
Brady wondered why this dumb call,
Cause Ho-o moves like hes in a slumber,
This was how multiple pats drives stalled!
(Not bad for 3 min, kiss my ass if the syllables are off and lets see what you have, ;) )

Speaking of the Colts, while I loved that he left them in a lurch after agreeing to be their head coach (because that organization is complete trash owned by a junk box, Polian is a snivelling chump, and Peyton threw his wife under the bus and sent goons to the reporters house - must have learned that handling his sexual abuse allegations at Tenn...), thats 100% a massive red-flag if I'm an NFL owner.

Sure, Decker and DT were finds. Was he responsible for Emmanuel Sanders too? And was he responsible for those decisions, or was the WR scouting being done by someone else at the time? Who's system/metrics were being used to grade players?

Think Cutler could have got more out of those WRs than Tim ****ing Tebow?

There are plenty of reasons to think McDumbass is trash. Play calling, professional integrity, horrible scouting and a seeming need to prove his genius (which I highly doubt is anything more than a figment of his imagination).

Horrifyingly, Kraft is so enthralled with patriot branded farts, I think McDummy's been promised the opportunity to replace Bill when Bill walks away. If so, Kraft reaps what he sows. The team will implode.

Tom Brady > Multiple 1st round picks
Patrick Mahomes > Multiple 1st round picks
Peyton Manning > Multiple 1st round picks
etc...

If you get the QB right, it's worth the picks. That should be obvious to everyone.

Mac Jones not > Multiple 1st-round picks;

Trey Lance Not > Multiple 1st-round picks;

Justin Fields NOT > Multiple 1st-round picks.

Let's hope that's obvious to Bill...

Last edited:
I'll try to find the video of Shannon Sharpe who recently said on his show that nobody in the building liked McDaniels. I can't remember what the reasons where.

Because Skippy & his fellow acolytes were mentored by an arrogant, know-it-all expletive-deleted...They act & acted the same when they became HCs themselves...Division 3 monkey sees, Division 3 monkey does...

Last edited:
Because Skippy & his fellow acolytes were mentored by an arrogant, know-it-all expletive-deleted, they act & acted the same when they became HCs themselves...Division 3 monkey sees, Division 3 monkey does...
Self awareness is not your thing.

If we're talking about dropping an extra draft pick to get a Front-7 defensive player or O-Line prospect we really like, then OK. The team knows how to draft these guys, has a good track record. For a QB? No, way too risky. In general, the Pats have drafted almost 10 QB's during the Brady era, not a great track record of talent eval here, so packaging multiple 1st rounders for the 4th or best 5th best QB by pundits isn't exactly confidence-inspiring. The only one who has really panned out has been JimmyG. I like Brissett but that one half-counts, Parcells basically coached and vouched for the guy. There is a long graveyard of other QB's (Kevin O'Connell says hi).

Well then cross off Trask entirely from the Patriots draft board then (Mond too, he's been texting). Actually cross off all Florida players. Last time McDaniels went there we came back with Chad Jackson, and again he packaged 3 picks to get Tim Tebow. I guess Pitts is bust-proof but let's cross off every other Florida player if McDaniels is the only one who went to the Florida pro day for the franchise.

On the ground here in Atlanta, there is a lot of speculation from the beat writers that the Falcons are going to take Kyle Pitts. He is viewed as a generational talent within the organization and that pairing him with Julio and Ridley would cause nightmares for opposing defenses.

If we're talking about dropping an extra draft pick to get a Front-7 defensive player or O-Line prospect we really like, then OK. The team knows how to draft these guys, has a good track record. For a QB? No, way too risky. In general, the Pats have drafted almost 10 QB's during the Brady era, not a great track record of talent eval here, so packaging multiple 1st rounders for the 4th or best 5th best QB by pundits isn't exactly confidence-inspiring. The only one who has really panned out has been JimmyG. I like Brissett but that one half-counts, Parcells basically coached and vouched for the guy. There is a long graveyard of other QB's (Kevin O'Connell says hi).
That's simply wrong.

"Have panned out"? What teams draft QBs as backup who "pan out"?

Cassel, Mallet, Garoppolo, and Brissett have done more in the NFL than the QBs drafted by most other teams AS BACK-UPS. You won't even know most of those names, as the last time you will ever hear about them is if you're watching Day 3 of the draft.

On the ground here in Atlanta, there is a lot of speculation from the beat writers that the Falcons are going to take Kyle Pitts. He is viewed as a generational talent within the organization and that pairing him with Julio and Ridley would cause nightmares for opposing defenses.
Pitts is the second best player in this draft and a total nightmare matchup.

he should be near the top of the Atlanta draft board and would be an excellent pick!

except that lance will probably be on the board at 4. In three years, lance could develop into the best qb in this draft or he could be working at McDonald’s!

option 3 is Atlanta trades down and stock piles some picks to help their defense and especially get some edge rushers.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back