PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Falcons @ Eagles (-1): Who you got/game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't watch the game, but I heard that Atlanta lost again because of red zone problems, and because Jones dropped what should have been an easy catch for a huge gain.

Seems both appropriate and poetic.

While I agree Matty Ice melted last night, his O line was horrible. The Eagles were on top of him immediately on practically every play. The only part of that game that was exciting was the last 5 minutes. I was hoping Atlanta would pull one out of a hat. Nope.

Matt Ryan is looking like Chad Pennington. His arm is starting to noodle. Steve Sarkisian thinks his plays at SC throwing east west will work. A lot of their drives went backwards. He is awful and this will be his last year. Todd Gurley would think this is a “high school offense”.

Why was Jones’ jersey the only one dirty? What was the point of drafting Ridley? Wasn’t it to take pressure off of Jones?

Jones continues where he left off last year, gain a bunch of yards without any impact. He must be working out with Jarvis Landry.

“Matty Ice” needs a new nickname like “Matty Choke”.

It would be nice to have a coverage LB like Dion Jones.

Why you getting on julio Jones? If the guy had a great QB he would have more tds. Second best receiver in the game after antonio brown.

While I agree Matty Ice melted last night, his O line was horrible. The Eagles were on top of him immediately on practically every play. The only part of that game that was exciting was the last 5 minutes. I was hoping Atlanta would pull one out of a hat. Nope.

I saw some terrible throws though. I wonder if he’s losing some of that arm strength and accuracy.

I didn't watch the game, but I heard that Atlanta lost again because of red zone problems, and because Jones dropped what should have been an easy catch for a huge gain.

Seems both appropriate and poetic.
If it’s the one I’m thinking of, I thought he controlled the ball before he went out of bounds. But thanks to Goodell’s office, nobody knows what a catch is anymore.

You heard wrong. With a good QB, it would have been an easy catch for a touchdown. With Matt Ryan’s horrible pass, Julio did a fantastic job to try and catch it which, IMHO, he did - but the refs disagreed.

its just the first game of the first week, but my fantasy season might as well be over.

If it’s the one I’m thinking of, I thought he controlled the ball before he went out of bounds. But thanks to Goodell’s office, nobody knows what a catch is anymore.
It *was* a catch, no matter which rules we apply. But the ref on the field got it wrong and apparently the instant replay official has decided to stop doing his job.

It *was* a catch, no matter which rules we apply. But the ref on the field got it wrong and apparently the instant replay official has decided to stop doing his job.

The officiating has gotten even worse with Al Riveron in charge.

That's the plan.

The officiating has gotten even worse with Al Riveron in charge.

Imagine if they had taken away that Catch from Edelman in your avatar we probably wouldn't have won that SB.

I don't know. I really don't see that happening.

See, I WAS right. Watching that game, I think we all lost.

You heard wrong. With a good QB, it would have been an easy catch for a touchdown. With Matt Ryan’s horrible pass, Julio did a fantastic job to try and catch it which, IMHO, he did - but the refs disagreed.

Matt had other horrible passes, but while that pass could have been thrown sooner, it was still easily catchable. Julio makes that catch -- effortlessly -- 9 times out of 10.

Yup, don't expect the replay booth to change many close calls this year.

Why you getting on julio Jones? If the guy had a great QB he would have more tds. Second best receiver in the game after antonio brown.
Maybe. Buts it’s hard to imagine you can’t get in the end zone more after catching 1,400+ yards.

Imagine if they had taken away that Catch from Edelman in your avatar we probably wouldn't have won that SB.
That's a stretch. It was 1st and 10.

NFL: Clearly we need to tweak the catch rule a little bit more LMAO.

Maybe. Buts it’s hard to imagine you can’t get in the end zone more after catching 1,400+ yards.

The QB has something to do with that. Matt Ryan is 1-20 in the red zone with Julio attempts coming back to last season. How many tds you think he would have with a guy like brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents