PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Extend Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I was being sarcastic. I didn't see a "sarcastic" (or "roll eyes") emoji or whatever you call them to post at the end.

The bigger question is at how much money does each fan have to give before they get a choice in the decision making process?
If fans had a say, every team would suck! So be grateful!

Remove the 60's and 80's (two decades apart) and what do you have?
I’ll be honest with you....I don’t even know why we’re discussing the Browns as if they’re run by their fans.

If fans had a say, every team would suck! So be grateful!
Some teams might suck less.

I live outside DC so I get to watch how Dan Snyder runs the WFT. Don’t think fans running it could possibly be any worse.

Besides his QB play, Newton is bringing a very positive and upbeat culture to this team. Newton/Brady have different approaches, but both want to win. Extend this man!

Also, 3000+ posts. Cool.

Some teams might suck less.

I live outside DC so I get to watch how Dan Snyder runs the WFT. Don’t think fans running it could possibly be any worse.
I think it’s incredibly challenging to run a consistently successful team. Mainly because human performance is mostly unpredictable. Never mind injuries and all the other factors.

I think that’s why the Patriots emphasize character so much. They also back it up with first class character coaches, etc.

Most fans would go with pure talent in my opinion

Let’s wait a few games before we decide....

actually, our opinions don’t count anyway!!!! Funny how some act as if they do, isn’t it?

In the hoodie we trust!

We’re not discussing politics any longer chief, let the past go & be free!!:cool:

Always remember, sports > politics!
Stop bringing up politics. This has nothing to do with politics. Why are you being so political?

Be ready for this to become the "you can't be serious" meme for the next 500 years (please ignore political content, it's irrelevant to this post):

This does not bode well for an extension with the Pats

Cam Newton on GHS: 'This is a business trip for me,' notes he hasn't moved family to Boston

The fact he didn't move his family to Boston has been known for a while now, I commented on it earlier in this thread.

If you go on and read the rest of the article it's a bit more balanced:
Newton said sooner or later he likely will have his kids up to Boston, but with his situation and the pandemic, it just hasn't made sense.
WEEI loves itself its clicks...

Folks, this is the classic 'prove it' deal. Both sides want to see how Cam does in a full season, and then sees what kind of response he'll get on the market. If someone is willing to overpay after a season and the Pats don't franchise him, he's gone.

This does not bode well for an extension with the Pats

Cam Newton on GHS: 'This is a business trip for me,' notes he hasn't moved family to Boston

Wouldn’t read too much into that at this point. No matter where he ended up this year it was always going to be a business trip, playing for his last big payday. Once he gets that contract you’ll likely see him relocate the family.

Wouldn’t read too much into that at this point. No matter where he ended up this year it was always going to be a business trip, playing for his last big payday. Once he gets that contract you’ll likely see him relocate the family.
Maybe. Feels a lot like the Revis situation to me. We will see how it pans out.

Maybe. Feels a lot like the Revis situation to me. We will see how it pans out.

Cam is not in any position whatsoever to be promoting himself like Revis. I highly doubt that's what he has in mind.

Cam has every right to go play wherever makes him happy but he’d be hard pressed to find a situation better than the one he’s in now. Taking away the deficiency at Wr, he still has a great OL and run game to lean on. Plus a solid defense and the best coaching staff he’s ever played under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes