PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Expectations for Mitchell next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
what a find this kid was. performed well all year once gronk went out. and then to have a pretty big game on the biggest stage in the superbowl. According to the peter king article with Brady he had the trust to go to Mitchell. if he can just work on getting both toes down on the sideline he will be really good.

usually receivers hit their stride in year two. . Just not sure what to expect stats wise with all our receiving threats. But it could be a good way to keep everyone healthy and fresh.

Intelligent player. Great hands. Cool under pressure on the biggest stage possible. I'm thinking pro bowl in the next two seasons. HOF in 15 years.

Seriously though, I really like this guy.

Not sure, I like his hands, he looks aggressive in attacking the ball. With Gronk back its possible he can really get some outside timing routes down and feast on one on one coverage. I'm going 700 yards.

Not sure. He looked good in a small sample size this year but a) he has some injury worries and b) is still number 4/5 target on the depth chart behind Edelman, Gronk, Hogan and possibly Bennett if he comes back. Therefore I'll pencil him in for 55 receptions for 700 yards.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Aaron Dobson had a pretty good rookie season and then regressed.

Mitchell has much better hands, smarter player, better after the catch and made the most of his opportunities as a rookie. Whereas Dobson's numbers as a rookie were more a result of balls being forced his way due to injures & lack of options on offense.

My expectations may be to high but im hoping for 60+ catches, 1000+ yards.

Mitchell will be a great #2 receiver for Brady hopefully, he can continue to get better with outside routes, he definitely is a little to skinny and probably not physical enough to go inside alot, but he will get bigger and stronger. What they need to do is start thinking about drafting the next Edelman. We need that underneath/versatile receiver that Brady can go to in tight situations. Unless you think Edelman can hold up for 3/4 more years.

The offense at its peak efficiency goes through Edelman and Gronk. With those 2 guys healthy Mitchell and Hogan can get theirs.. sprinkle in Lewis/White you have an unstoppable offense.

I think the offense will be better next year because of the fact we know how to win without Gronk.. now adding Gronk back in I think the offense is going to be unstoppable.

If everything goes well. Got a little carried away.. I like Mitchell alot. lol.

Mitchell will be a great #2 receiver for Brady hopefully, he can continue to get better with outside routes, he definitely is a little to skinny and probably not physical enough to go inside alot, but he will get bigger and stronger. What they need to do is start thinking about drafting the next Edelman. We need that underneath/versatile receiver that Brady can go to in tight situations. Unless you think Edelman can hold up for 3/4 more years.
Edelman needs to find out what Steve Smith's diet and workout regime is.

Gronk will be gronk next year
Our RBs can catch damn well
Edelman will own the middle
Hogan will be a threat deep
And M&M will work the intermediate/outside and be the big body

....it might shape up to be the year when BRADY has his best weapons in his career assuming no injuries, hogan and M&M improve in yr two w team/NFL respectively and Edelman doesn't regress quickly

Might be 2007esque honestly

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Aaron Dobson had a pretty good rookie season and then regressed.

A lot of people overrated Dobson's rookie year. A lot of people didn't buy into the hype of "Better rookie than Branch". While it's tough to answer the O.P. without knowing what the WR corps will be, I expect Mitchell to press Hogan for the WR2 spot, unless the team brings in a Clear WR1/WR2 guy.

I hope that he stay healthy and then he ll show big numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News