PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN/Reiss/PFT: Moss and Patriots agree on 3-year, $27M deal [mergedx9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Moss reported to have agreed to $27 Million over 3 years

All those bashing Moss for "going for the money" please eat your crow. If this is true, it's an extremely fair contract and Moss definitely could have gotten a significantly better contract elsewhere. The Pats must have really been low balling him, because he clearly wants to be a Pat.

Frickin' sweet!

Tommy to Randy through 2010!

is it now official or not yet ?

Re: Reiss now says MOSS DEAL IMMINENT

According to Reiss's notes, before free agency began the Pats and Moss had already agreed the deal would be for 3 and 27, just as Sid Hartman of the Minneapolis rag reported "a deal was in place". The only contention was the amount of guaranteed scratch. That seems trivial because given the length of the deal and the probable guarantees, there is zero chance Moss will be cut before the deal expires. He's getting it all.

yup. I don't have to change my nick now. Whew! Good job Pats FO!!!

I'm not privy to their conversations so I wouldn't know. But feel free to clue us in.

Right, but the original leak was 3 yr 30 mil, then it was 5 yr 50 mil and then it is reported at 3yr 27 mil and you jump to a BS conclusion that the Pats in your opinion were low balling him up to this point. First you have nothing to base your opinion on and secondly all of the reported evidence (even before I posted my "research") contradicts your thought process.

There were also rumors that:
  • Moss was going to Dallas
  • The Pats were low-balling him
  • Moss was going to GB
  • Moss was increasingly frustrated with the Patriots
  • There was no deal proposed in place even when FA started
  • Moss and the Patriots were nowhere close to a deal

Your whole premise is that I don't have any evidence for my opinion, then you go all keyboard commando based on rumors as "evidence" you cherry-picked after Reiss confirmed which ones were accurate. You need to chill.

I'll keep being a self righteous prick either until I finally bring myself to leave this board or until it returns to what it once was. The best Pats board around with the most knowledgable and level headed fans around, who actually spent time talking x's and o's instead of running around like a bunch of chicken little's!

Rock on, internet warrior. :rocker:

Its imminent. Only hang up is the guaranteed $$

I think the whole of the board would be more civil if they would not assume that they know just exactly what has been said, offered, or discussed between the Patriots and Moss behind the closed doors they work in.

Maybe the Patriots made this offer from the get-go and Moss wanted more (and hasn't found it from someone else). Maybe the Patriots offered him 4 mil a year and it took Moss threatening to go elsewhere to get them to raise their offer. Maybe... maybe... maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about (just like most of you) and am only working off of hasty assumptions.

Difference is I can admit it.

Great post, but if you don't mind I would like to add one. I wish people would stop thinking that they know more about running a football team than BB and Pioli.

I have not seen nor found a single link that he's actually signed it yet.....

Does anyone have a link? PFT doesn't even have it yet and they are always on top.

There were also rumors that:
  • Moss was going to Dallas
  • The Pats were low-balling him
  • Moss was going to GB
  • Moss was increasingly frustrated with the Patriots
  • There was no deal proposed in place even when FA started
  • Moss and the Patriots were nowhere close to a deal
Your whole premise is that I don't have any evidence for my opinion, then you go all keyboard commando based on rumors as "evidence" you cherry-picked after Reiss confirmed which ones were accurate. You need to chill.

Rock on, internet warrior. :rocker:

Moss to Dallas: BS mostly due to the fact that they only have 10 mil in cap space so how do you suppose they were going to offer more than NE did? They didn't restructure any contracts to free up cap space and he never scheduled a visit.

The Pats were low-balling him: again it flies in the face of the only two leaked/reported contract figures. I don't think 10 million a year constitutes low balling.

Moss to GB: made some sense, but why would he go now after stating that he didn't like the way organization approached the possibility of a trade last year? It is all the same people in the front office. So why would this be any different, especially after the season their receivers had? And again, four days into FA and no visit had been scheduled.

Moss frustrated by the Patriots: just like the media reported that he looked frustrated during the Eagles, Ravens games etc.. pure unsubstantiated speculation.

Your last two were mostly reported by Clayton (speaks for itself) and I didn't cherry pick anything. You are now revising the way you made your original statement. You stated that 3yr 27 million was proof in your opinion that they were low balling him up to this point. I merely pointed out that your opinion was not based on any factual information.

Last edited:

According to Rotoworld, they had long ago agreed on the terms and the sticking point was the guaranteed $$. Pats upped that to get it signed.

The Pats must have really been low balling him,

Whatever, as long as the Pats are somehow wrong. That's the important thing.

You are now revising the way you made your original statement. You stated that 3yr 27 million was proof in your opinion that they were low balling him up to this point. I merely pointed out that your opinion was not based on any factual information.

I'm not revising anything. Reiss's statements show my assumption was wrong. That's all you had to reference and say. I took issue with your tone and ranting, not your argument. Whatever, I'm done with this.

Re: ESPN/Reiss/PFT: Moss and Patriots agree on 3-year, $27M deal [mergedx3]

Yay We're Not Gonna Die!!!

Thanks to Mo for posting this. My browser is acting up today and I could not read the report.

Thanks to Mike for best covering the Pats beat in town.

Thanks to BB and SP for getting this fair deal done.

Thanks to Randy for living up to your word. Konichiwa, Homey!!!

Now I can breathe a bit easier though I never had doubts this deal would not get done.

:rocker:

[usually not this gracious or maudlin]

Re: ESPN/Reiss/PFT: Moss and Patriots agree on 3-year, $27M deal [mergedx2]

Where are you all reading that he's signed? I find nothing of confirmation that Moss has signed the deal.

National Sports Disgrace just tripped and slit his jugular on "glass".

the rest of the Chicken Little "I KNOW MORE THAN THE PATRIOTS AND EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD!!!!!" crowd are busy running to Wal-Mart to grab as many rolls of paper towels as they can find to clean up the millions of tons of EGG they are wearing on their stupid, illinformed, egotistical, glass is half empty faces.

NFLn just reported he signed for 3/27
Wooohoot:rocker:

"I've had it!! This is it!!!What they've done to Moss is the FINAL STRAW for me!!!! Would YOU be a Patriots fan after this???...not me!!!"

crybaby.jpg

Last edited:

the thing which bothers me is that all these news agencies like EPSN, nfln ,pft had no clue but spread BS all around. only reiss was silent for the first 3 days and when he reported he was dead on accurate. now these news agencies pick up his news and project it as their own research all the while spreading rumors that the pats are lowballing moss etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore