PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Mag piece on Brady and TB12 method

Status
Not open for further replies.
By forcing Belichick’s hand, Kraft has deprived BB of the factors that was motivating him to continue to coach.

This is worse than when Kraft stripped Parcells of control over player personnel and gave it to Bobby Grier. Parcells had wanderlust and would have left after a year or two anyway. We just pissed away a decade of JG with at least a few more years of training by a highly motivated BB.

Kraft should have better business sense than to strip his top performer of the thing that was pushing him to perform. It would only be natural for BB to react by going through the motions for a couple more years before realizing his heart isn’t in it and stepping away.
Belichick isn't one to go through the motions. As for Kraft, he may be dead when Brady retires. We'd all love a great continuity plan - and we have two drafts to do it (maybe more, hopefully not less) - but at Kraft's age, keeping Brady's legacy intact playing for just one team was more important. And, reluctantly, I agree. This isn't just a Hall of Fame QB, it's the G.O.A.T; nothing more important than ending it correctly.

Y'all. I have just updated my Christmas list.

TB12™ Vibrating Sphere

The TB12 Vibrating Sphere enhances your pliability focusing on key areas like your back and shoulders. Its compact design makes it a portable option to go wherever you perform your pliability routine. This is the same device used by athletes at the TB12 Sports Therapy Center in Foxboro.

Delivered in partnership with Hyperice, the Vibrating Sphere’s compact, textured-rubber construction and a re-chargeable lithium-ion battery give you 3 vibration intensity levels to help maximize effectiveness.

Yeah, cuz I said nobody should take antibiotics. Carry on old chap!
Guerrero’s methods are like super metro guys!:D

Waste of time

But I’ll agree with your disdain for big pharma. They pretty much suck. I once played golf with a big pharma guy and when I told him I work for a vitamin company, he went off the deep end about how vitamins are snake oil.

As I watch another commercial about a class action suit against big pharma!

Looking at that link I have to say i would love the foam roller. I paid like 30 bucks for my plain old foam roller and I guess it works fine but that one looks awesome. It’s just I’d never pay 200 bucks for it.

If Guererro is giving Brady stuff that he formulates "just for Tommy" (i.e., not in containers as sold to the public), I hope Brady regularly sends it to an independent lab, chosen by his family, for analysis.

So much this! I hope he sends it to multiple labs just to be safe

IMO, it is the kind of cynicism and group think on display in this thread that robs so many people of the higher quality and longer life than they could otherwise enjoy and puts them at the mercy of the real snake oil salesman, aka “Big Pharma.” Those who make their fortunes canonizing an approach to medicine that pressures us to put absolute faith in convention and pedigree while ridiculing anything or anyone coming from an approach that isn’t dependent on expensive surgeries and/or prescription drugs are, to my thinking, much more dangerous (not to mention responsible for many more unnecessary and premature deaths) than the occasional outside-the-box guru/trainer like Guerrero who comes along.

I once had the privilege of working at a non-profit “lifestyle center” where I witnessed people from all walks of life suffering from chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, obesity, etc. return to health and wellness in just 18 days. It was a physician supervised, residential treatment program built on many of the principles TB12 teaches including (plant-based) diet, exercise (including aerobic, strength, and flexibility training), education and behavioral health counseling.

Not only did I witness hundreds of very ill people (some having been sent home to die by their doctors and ALL being treated with conventional drugs/big pharma) made well through this “alternative approach” to healthcare, I personally experienced the power of “lifestyle medicine” to change my life and future. In just a few short months I went from fat, weak, unhealthy and pre-diabetic, to fit, healthy, and strong. I remember one of our physicians always saying that “genetics loads the gun but lifestyle pulls the trigger” and that the choice was largely up to us whether we would have a “long life and a short death or short life and a long death.”

If anything, after his playing career is over, I’d like to see TB12 use his fame and influence to do more than merely help athletes recover faster, improve their performance, or increase the longevity of their careers. IMO, Tom Brady has an incredible opportunity to take his methods and his message to the masses where it will impact the lives of millions and, dare I say it, change the world.

There is not enough "Win" in this world to accurately rate this post!!
smiley_headbanger.gif

IMO, it is the kind of cynicism and group think on display in this thread that robs so many people of the higher quality and longer life than they could otherwise enjoy and puts them at the mercy of the real snake oil salesman, aka “Big Pharma.” Those who make their fortunes canonizing an approach to medicine that pressures us to put absolute faith in convention and pedigree while ridiculing anything or anyone coming from an approach that isn’t dependent on expensive surgeries and/or prescription drugs are, to my thinking, much more dangerous (not to mention responsible for many more unnecessary and premature deaths) than the occasional outside-the-box guru/trainer like Guerrero who comes along.

I once had the privilege of working at a non-profit “lifestyle center” where I witnessed people from all walks of life suffering from chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, obesity, etc. return to health and wellness in just 18 days. It was a physician supervised, residential treatment program built on many of the principles TB12 teaches including (plant-based) diet, exercise (including aerobic, strength, and flexibility training), education and behavioral health counseling.

Not only did I witness hundreds of very ill people (some having been sent home to die by their doctors and ALL being treated with conventional drugs/big pharma) made well through this “alternative approach” to healthcare, I personally experienced the power of “lifestyle medicine” to change my life and future. In just a few short months I went from fat, weak, unhealthy and pre-diabetic, to fit, healthy, and strong. I remember one of our physicians always saying that “genetics loads the gun but lifestyle pulls the trigger” and that the choice was largely up to us whether we would have a “long life and a short death or short life and a long death.”

If anything, after his playing career is over, I’d like to see TB12 use his fame and influence to do more than merely help athletes recover faster, improve their performance, or increase the longevity of their careers. IMO, Tom Brady has an incredible opportunity to take his methods and his message to the masses where it will impact the lives of millions and, dare I say it, change the world.

I have several friends who believe in, rely on and attest to the value of "alternative medicine" in their lives. These are very credible, well-educated people who ascribe much of their daily well being to practices that are "out of the ordinary." So, yes, there is a whole other model of "wellness" other than the approach of traditional medicine.

I also think that many of the criticisms of "Big Pharma" are right on target, from their testing procedures to the undocumented claims about the benefits of expensive drugs (remember all the commercials about cures for "Low-T" that were pulled from the air?). Their pricing policies are the subject of legitimate debate, especially when they gouge desperately ill people and their insurance companies for some of their new, genetic-based products. The entire business model of "Big Medicine" and "Big Drugs" is so flawed that we could spend all day naming its faults. As the old Wall Street saying goes, "What cannot continue must end." And, eventually, it will.

A lot of what Brady is selling seems to be of great value. It's hard to argue with "Exhibit A" as he leads the NFL in multiple statistics at the age of 40! If I happen to think that some of it is a little hokey, well, I don't have to buy it. If others think it's worthwhile, they will buy it. Free Country. Free Market.

I think some are turned off by how TB12 is pricing much of what it is selling, but it is just following the practice of many large companies by "Skim" pricing at the beginning to recoup development costs and appeal to well-heeled "first adapters." It's a well known and very legitimate business practice. At some point, the strategy will probably evolve to the development of new products, re-positioning part of the product mix for people of more modest means and pursuing some "Penetration" pricing, where they would broaden their target market and try to build share, while still maintaining a Premium Brand image. Nike has managed to do that and there's no reason to believe that Brady couldn't as well. But, it's not easy, as Under Armour is discovering.

Alec Guerrero is another matter. I think that folks are rightly nervous about Guerrero's history. He falsely and repeatedly marketed himself as a "Doctor," when he had no such degree, medical or otherwise. The FTC slammed him for a couple of his ventures. But, he seems to do a lot of good for a lot of people and charge them a lot for doing so. But, I'm reasonably certain that a hefty cut of whatever he charges goes to Brady, because his clients aren't coming to see "Alec Guerrero," but rather "The guy who trains Tom Brady."

Time will tell. Tigers usually don't change their stripes. The bottom line for me, as a Brady and Patriots fan, is that Guerrero "does no harm" to Brady or his reputation. As long as that remains the case, as I said above, "Free Country. Free Market."

"Free Country. Free Market."

You're a big fan of a sport in which the trillion dollar business at the head of it throws its money around to suppress information about how dangerous said sport is, all the while charging massive rents on its intellectual property because it puts its logo on apparel; jerseys that would cost $25 from China cost $400 in the NFL shop. Some free market. Though I more or less agree with the general thrust of what you're saying.

Last edited:
I mean, who gives a ****. He's a guy on a TV screen playing a sport for a team I have a tribal attachment to. I will never meet Tom Brady and Tom Brady could not give a flying **** about me. I feel no need to defend or endorse the guy's idiotic ******** once he's off the football field. He can shoot himself up with all the magical sunburn curing crystals he wants. If he thinks it will help him win another Super Bowl, great.

I can see why Bill doesn't want Guerrero around, he's been involved in some shady dealings.

You're a big fan of a sport in which the trillion dollar business at the head of it throws its money around to suppress information about how dangerous said sport is, all the while charging massive rents on its intellectual property because it puts its logo on apparel; jerseys that would cost $25 from China cost $400 in the NFL shop. Some free market. Though I more or less agree with the general thrust of what you're saying.
Yeah, you're right.

The NFL and all "Big Sport" is entertainment. I have no illusions about the entertainers, as long as they stay within the law and don't try to make me believe they're anything but what they are. My problem with Tiger Woods wasn't that he was hanging around with high priced hookers, who called themselves "Party Girls," but that he tried to pass himself off as a "Family Man."

Tom Brady has never said he's anything but what he is: a fantastically wealthy guy, obsessed with Football and fitness, who, to the extent that it is consistent with his performance on the field, likes to hang out, along with his wife, with rich and famous people here and in Europe, and who is apparently a good dad to his kids, actively involved in the life of one that he had outside of marriage and sending at least one of them to a $50,000 a year school. He raises money for multiple charities and is generous with his time to the extent that that is possible. But he doesn't want you or me to get too close to him beyond that. He'll smile at us pleasantly on the street, even talk to us if he has a moment, but, in general, wants us to pay for his autograph and give him his privacy.

Beyond that, he doesn't tell us much and I don't care what he does in his personal life, what his politics are and what he thinks about contentious social issues, as long as he keeps it private.

He's not forcing me to spend a couple hundred dollars on "magic pajamas" but more power to him that he can get people to spend money on them and put down another couple hundred bucks for his "Cook Book that isn't a Cook Book but a Lifestyle Book" and for his prepared food.

Free Market. Free Country.

Let's get that sixth ring, Tommy!

Yeah, you're right.

The NFL and all "Big Sport" is entertainment. I have no illusions about the entertainers, as long as they stay within the law and don't try to make me believe they're anything but what they are. My problem with Tiger Woods wasn't that he was hanging around with high priced hookers, who called themselves "Party Girls," but that he tried to pass himself off as a "Family Man."

Tom Brady has never said he's anything but what he is: a fantastically wealthy guy, obsessed with Football and fitness, who, to the extent that it is consistent with his performance on the field, likes to hang out, along with his wife, with rich and famous people here and in Europe, and who is apparently a good dad to his kids, actively involved in the life of one that he had outside of marriage and sending at least one of them to a $50,000 a year school. He raises money for multiple charities and is generous with his time to the extent that that is possible. But he doesn't want you or me to get too close to him beyond that. He'll smile at us pleasantly on the street, even talk to us if he has a moment, but, in general, wants us to pay for his autograph and give him his privacy.

Beyond that, he doesn't tell us much and I don't care what he does in his personal life, what his politics are and what he thinks about contentious social issues, as long as he keeps it private.

He's not forcing me to spend a couple hundred dollars on "magic pajamas" but more power to him that he can get people to spend money on them and put down another couple hundred bucks for his "Cook Book that isn't a Cook Book but a Lifestyle Book" and for his prepared food.

I think we can all agree that Tom Brady is also Absurdly Metro

Yeah, you're right.

My personal opinion of Brady has always been that he's a guy who you'd consider "slow" if you met him in any context other than football. But in the context of football, Brady's an unparalleled genius.

My personal opinion of Brady has always been that he's a guy who you'd consider "slow" if you met him in any context other than football. But in the context of football, Brady's an unparalleled genius.
you're wrong about him...he grew up with a bunch of sisters. What you construe as "slowness" is a learned Pavlovian response to growing up WITH the distaff sex. Actually it denotes a man of extremely high intelligence IMO...I base this on a long life lived under similar circumstances.

I think you're confusing "very guarded" with "slow."

He learned during the QB "controversies" at Michigan, if not before, that anything he said would be parsed and analyzed. So, I think he chooses his words very carefully.

It's also a characteristic of some, but by no means all, of the very wealthy and/or famous people with whom I've spoken. They speak slowly because they know that those listening will wait to hear what they have to say and they have no need to hurry. The two richest men I've ever met (11 figure rich) sometimes barely spoke above a mumble...implying that if you want to hear what I have to say, you'll just have to listen carefully.

I think you're confusing "very guarded" with "slow."

He learned during the QB "controversies" at Michigan, if not before, that anything he said would be parsed and analyzed. So, I think he chooses his words very carefully.

It's also a characteristic of some, but by no means all, of the very wealthy and/or famous people with whom I've spoken. They speak slowly because they know that those listening will wait to hear what they have to say and they have no need to hurry. The two richest men I've ever met (11 figure rich) sometimes barely spoke above a mumble...implying that if you want to hear what I have to say, you'll just have to listen carefully.

I don't think either of us have any idea what Tom Brady is like and arguing over it, as with so many things, is pointless. He might be the smartest guy in the world, the nicest guy in the world, or a sociopath with ten bodies beneath his floorboards. Whatever, doesn't matter in the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back